Old September 4th 05, 04:38 PM
Ron in Radio Heaven

Default Shelby HamFest report

Shelby was down this year, but really not as bad as I expected.
There were a lot of empty spaces in the "meadow", just the group
that I've been going with the last few years usually gets
about 10 spaces. This year we didn't go until Saturday morning
and then just parked in the back lot where the "overflow" normally
parks.
There was a lot of BA stuff there. Ron Beaver had several nice
vintage sets, AK bathtub and other stuff, plus a nice looking
National NC-100X, "I think".
I sold a few items including a Viking Invader 2000 "finally",that I've been
carting around for a while. It's funny the way it works, at least 25 guys
looked at it this AM with no bites, finally someone took it. After I marked
it sold I could have sold it at least 6 times over, one guy kept
coming back wanting to catch the new owner and try and talk him
out of it...
One of the regulars at Charlotte stopped buy to show me a box
of AK parts he had bought wanting to know if they were worth
anything, it was all the parts for a Radiodyne model 10, without
the board...

I didn't really go with the idea of buying anything except a ticket
to get in and lunch at Bridges, but as we were getting out of my
friends truck a couple of friends that had gotten there early
told me they had snagged me 2 pieces of Clough-Brengle
gear for the princely sum of $5 each... I was really tickled when
I saw them, they're 2 models I've never seen before, styling wise
I would put them in the 50's, later than anything else in the collection.
They are models 420 & 340, a matching pair of signal generator
and VTVM. A little dirty but they'll clean up nice.
Here's a link to the C-B web page with the latest additions,
http://cloughbrengle.homestead.com/CB420_340.html
These 2 pieces bring the Clough-Brengle collection up to 21 items.
"Someone stop me, PLEASE!!!"

Even though it was down in size, it was a very enjoyable
day, easy, not a lot of work to make happen, and
we had a GREAT Bridges BBQ lunch to boot.

73, Ron
Old September 6th 05, 02:06 AM
Jerry

"Ron in Radio Heaven" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Today, I am recouperating from Shelby. Fun but tiring as I get older. I can
TELL! I used to walk around Shelby all day and never think about it. I
bought some small parts, a good Jerry can (go well with my M38 Jeep
restoration), and sold some screwdriver tuner modules I call the "Cricket".
I got a hankering for fish so, being a local, I ducked in at Kings Mtn on
the way home to Love's Fish Box for some flounder and shrimp. mmmmMMMmmmmm!!
Mighty tasty!

73

Jerry