Old September 8th 05, 01:02 AM
Count Floyd

Default WTB: Hammarlund/Hallicrafters SW Receiver

Looking for an older SW rig, not on ebay. Trying to relive some of my
youth!
TIA

Old September 8th 05, 03:54 AM
Harold Ramis as the Beaver

What part of the country are you in?
Maybe there is a hamfest near.
Sure beats shipping costs.

Old September 8th 05, 11:32 AM
Count Floyd

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 02:54:19 UTC, "Harold Ramis as the Beaver"
wrote:

What part of the country are you in?
Maybe there is a hamfest near.
Sure beats shipping costs.

"Count Floyd" Count wrote in message
Looking for an older SW rig, not on ebay. Trying to relive some of my
youth!
TIA

Palm Beach County. I have been looking on the NG, but have not heard
about one around here.

Old September 8th 05, 09:52 PM
Count Floyd

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:35:33 UTC, "Harold Ramis as the Beaver"
wrote:

Right up the road this weekend :

PCARS Melbourne Hamfest
Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society
http://www.pcars.org
Talk-In: 146.850 -600 no tone during the day
Contact: Jeff Hildreth, KG4IPO
660 Denise Drive
Melbourne, FL 32935
Phone: 321-258-7065
Email:

Are you also a fan of SCTV? I noticed your handle there, comes from
that episode with John Candy and Harold Ramis. But I thought that
Candy played the Beaver, and Ramis was Whitey! Joe Flaherty played
Ward and Catherine O'Hara played June, with Eugene Levy as Wally.
Great stuff!
Old September 9th 05, 12:40 AM
Dale Parfitt

Are you also a fan of SCTV? I noticed your handle there, comes from
that episode with John Candy and Harold Ramis. But I thought that
Candy played the Beaver, and Ramis was Whitey! Joe Flaherty played
Ward and Catherine O'Hara played June, with Eugene Levy as Wally.
Great stuff!

Just heard an interview with Eugene Levy on PBR last night- as crazy as
ever.
SCTV is on Friday nights- TV Land? not sure. Better than SNL ever was.

Dale W4OP

Old September 10th 05, 02:12 AM

Gene Rippen posted an ad for an S22R on the baswaplist reflector the
other day for a very good price and the photos look like its a keeper.
Gene won't rip you off, he's been doing this for a long time.