Old September 16th 05, 07:18 AM
Bill

COLIN LAMB wrote:

Hey, but your qrp signal was significant to the obnoxious dx buddy.

A very weak signal coming from Mars would be very significant.

Colin K7FM

My story relates...We were in North Carolina on 20 meters. The
'obnoxious buddy' never reported interference from Mars...just that
annoying S9 carrier.

-Bill
Old September 16th 05, 11:20 PM
Straydog

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Bill wrote:

Steven Swift wrote:

A while back there was a 12v tube thread.

I saw this:

http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/products/ra/ra2.html

advertized in September Scientific American. The ad (on the
builditplayit.com site) says it uses a "double triode" and
requires 8-AA batteries (nominally 12V).

I wonder if it is a 12V tube kit. Perhaps a 12AE7 or similar.

Anyone know?

Can't speak for the kit but I know some guys have successfully used a plain
old 12AT/AU/AX7 at 12 volts with acceptable results.

-Bill

Yes, I've done this, too. Also, when I was a kid playing with this stuff,
I got a 1T4 to audio oscillate at 7 volts on the plate.

Old September 16th 05, 11:49 PM
Don Bowey

On 9/16/05 3:20 PM, in article
, "Straydog"
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Bill wrote:

Steven Swift wrote:

A while back there was a 12v tube thread.

I saw this:

http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/products/ra/ra2.html

advertized in September Scientific American. The ad (on the
builditplayit.com site) says it uses a "double triode" and
requires 8-AA batteries (nominally 12V).

I wonder if it is a 12V tube kit. Perhaps a 12AE7 or similar.

Anyone know?

Can't speak for the kit but I know some guys have successfully used a plain
old 12AT/AU/AX7 at 12 volts with acceptable results.

-Bill

Yes, I've done this, too. Also, when I was a kid playing with this stuff,
I got a 1T4 to audio oscillate at 7 volts on the plate.

In the 50's I used a 1T4 as a single tube crystal controlled tx on 80M. I
could often work 400 miles in the daytime. Nice little toob.

Don

Old September 18th 05, 02:31 PM
John Ferrell

I was not aware of any interest in 12 volt plate tubes. In my backlog of
things going to EBAY I have a Gonset shortwave converter that used this
technology. I would consider $15 + shipping to be a good offer.
de W8CCW in North Carolina

--
John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US

"Steven Swift" wrote in message
A while back there was a 12v tube thread.

I saw this:

http://www.thamesandkosmos.com/products/ra/ra2.html

advertized in September Scientific American. The ad (on the
builditplayit.com site) says it uses a "double triode" and
requires 8-AA batteries (nominally 12V).

I wonder if it is a 12V tube kit. Perhaps a 12AE7 or similar.

Anyone know?
--
Steven D. Swift, , http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC. P.O. Box 55997

Fuse for TS-830 & Neutralization ? Gary Boatanchors 17 July 21st 05 05:03 AM
Which Tube Radio, not only Which Radio Tube SR Shortwave 8 October 24th 04 01:30 PM
Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Homebrew 0 December 3rd 03 12:20 PM
Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Equipment 0 December 3rd 03 12:19 PM
Tubes FS Tom Hix w4th Equipment 0 December 3rd 03 12:19 PM