Old September 15th 05, 02:37 PM
Junior Member

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to AC0CC
Default RCA AR-88-F "Diversity IF Gain?"

I just acquired a RCA AR-88-F receiver in great condition. Can anyone tell me exactly what the additional knob on the front labeled "Diversity IF Gain" does?
Does this radio have basically the same circuit as the AR-88D? Thanks
Old September 16th 05, 05:20 AM
Brian Goldsmith

"AC0CC" wrote

I just acquired a RCA AR-88-F receiver in great condition. Can anyone
tell me exactly what the additional knob on the front labeled
"Diversity IF Gain" does?
Does this radio have basically the same circuit as the AR-88D?

***** Yes it does! The Diversity IF Gain control allows the gain of the IF
strip to be manually adjusted when three 88Fs are used in RCA
DR89,Diversity Communication Receiver.When used as a unit receiver,turn the
Diversity Gain control fully clockwise and leave it there.The rear panel
output terminals are slightly different between the models.

AR88F is covered in TM 11-880

Brian Goldsmith.

Old September 18th 05, 06:59 AM
Brian Goldsmith

"AC0CC" wrote

Thanks Brian for the info. Anyone know where I can get this technical
manual TM 11-880?

--
AC0CC

***Brian replied to your reply,your email address is bouncing.

Brian Goldsmith.

Old September 18th 05, 05:47 PM
Junior Member

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to AC0CC

Don't know what happed to the email, the correct email address is or

Old September 18th 05, 05:49 PM
Junior Member

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Send a message via Yahoo to AC0CC

Er, sorry about the email confusion. Its