RadioBanter

-   -   need QST archives from beginning to transistors era (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/78342-need-qst-archives-beginning-transistors-era.html)

snaga September 16th 05 08:18 AM

need QST archives from beginning to transistors era

Hi !

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Please reply to snaga {ear sign} inbox.ru , as i may be unable to read
the groups.

No One You Know September 16th 05 11:26 PM

Sounds great! Who wants to put them all online. I'm sure the ARRL
wouldn't mind ;-p

NOYK

Scott Dorsey September 18th 05 11:27 PM

snaga wrote:

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Ask the library if they have an old copy of the ARRL Mobile Manual. It
has a number of portable regenerative receiver designs that are pretty
good.

Also, don't forget Soviet Radioteknika. They did some fun regen receiver
designs well into the seventies, even some solid state ones.
--scott

Bob Miller September 22nd 05 04:47 PM

On 16 Sep 2005 00:18:13 -0700, "snaga" wrote:

Hi !

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Please reply to snaga {ear sign} inbox.ru , as i may be unable to read
the groups.

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Bill September 22nd 05 04:56 PM

Bob Miller wrote:

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill

Bob Miller September 23rd 05 01:00 AM

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:56:07 -0400, Bill wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill

I counted 5 or 6 how to build articles at the ARRL site.

Or, go to Google and enter "How to build a regenerative receiver" and
there are many more articles.

In addition, my 1958 ARRL Handbook also has an article on a one-tube
regenerative receiver. I imagine you can find that in any of the older
handbooks that are on Ebay for a couple of dollars.

Otherwise, the guy can buy the QST CDs that are, I believe, $39.95 per
decade, going back to 1915 or so.

bob
k5qwg

Bill September 23rd 05 01:17 AM

Bob Miller wrote:

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill

I counted 5 or 6 how to build articles at the ARRL site.

Dangit, I wasn't wearing my glasses and missed some.

-Bill

Bob Miller September 24th 05 11:24 PM

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:44:56 GMT, (Edmund H.
Ramm) wrote:

In Bob Miller writes:

[...]
Otherwise, the guy can buy the QST CDs that are, I believe, $39.95 per
decade, going back to 1915 or so.

Are these CDs readable with non-proprietary software?

73, Eddi ._._.

I'm not sure. This is what the ARRL web site says:

QST View CD-ROM 1915-2004
-- Back issues of QST in convenient, space-saving CD-ROM format. Each
page—all the ads, articles, columns and covers—has been scanned to
provide a black-and-white image that can be read on your computer
screen or be printed. Easy-to-use software included on the CD allows
you to:

* Search for articles by title and author.
* Select specific year and issue.
* Browse individual articles or columns.