Old September 16th 05, 08:18 AM
snaga

Default need QST archives from beginning to transistors era

Hi !

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Please reply to snaga {ear sign} inbox.ru , as i may be unable to read
the groups.

Old September 16th 05, 11:26 PM
No One You Know

Sounds great! Who wants to put them all online. I'm sure the ARRL
wouldn't mind ;-p

NOYK

Old September 17th 05, 09:02 AM
Steve H

http://www.arrl.org/catalog/index.php3?category=CD-ROMs
$399 for the full set

Steve H
oups.com...

Old September 18th 05, 11:27 PM
Scott Dorsey

snaga wrote:

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Ask the library if they have an old copy of the ARRL Mobile Manual. It
has a number of portable regenerative receiver designs that are pretty
good.

Also, don't forget Soviet Radioteknika. They did some fun regen receiver
designs well into the seventies, even some solid state ones.
--scott

Old September 22nd 05, 04:47 PM
Bob Miller

On 16 Sep 2005 00:18:13 -0700, "snaga" wrote:

Hi !

I'm a beginning homebuilder from Russia and i'm eager for information
on ancient regenerative recievers. I heard what somethere CD archives
of QST magazine do exist. Can one of you put them online for a friend
of mine with unlimited download capability (i'm starved on bytes) ?

I tried library but it has very few and late of them, and scanning is
expensive.

Please reply to snaga {ear sign} inbox.ru , as i may be unable to read
the groups.

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Old September 22nd 05, 04:56 PM
Bill

Bob Miller wrote:

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill
Old September 23rd 05, 01:00 AM
Bob Miller

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:56:07 -0400, Bill wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:

go to http://www.arrl.org/

and enter the search term

regenerative receiver

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill

I counted 5 or 6 how to build articles at the ARRL site.

Or, go to Google and enter "How to build a regenerative receiver" and
there are many more articles.

In addition, my 1958 ARRL Handbook also has an article on a one-tube
regenerative receiver. I imagine you can find that in any of the older
handbooks that are on Ebay for a couple of dollars.

Otherwise, the guy can buy the QST CDs that are, I believe, $39.95 per
decade, going back to 1915 or so.

bob
k5qwg

Old September 23rd 05, 01:17 AM
Bill

Bob Miller wrote:

there are 164 articles, most of which you can look at, whether you're
an arrl member or not

bob
k5qwg

Theres only two or three articles available that actually are about
regenerative receivers.

-Bill

I counted 5 or 6 how to build articles at the ARRL site.

Dangit, I wasn't wearing my glasses and missed some.

-Bill