Old September 17th 05, 01:36 PM
k9gco

Default FS:Kenwood TS-520S

I have a TS-520S condition (9+) that has good performance on all bands. May be seen at http://home.grics.net/rchowerter/index.htm . Priced at $250 plus shipping charges.
Old September 17th 05, 07:09 PM
Reg Edwards

I once had a TS-520S. It was a damn good transceiver. But I
experimentally much-modified it over the years until, hardly improved,
I had to give it away, still in working order.

Good to hear it is still 'doing the rounds'.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

Old September 18th 05, 01:32 AM
Irv Finkleman

Reg Edwards wrote:

I once had a TS-520S. It was a damn good transceiver. But I
experimentally much-modified it over the years until, hardly improved,
I had to give it away, still in working order.

Good to hear it is still 'doing the rounds'.
----
Reg, G4FGQ

I still run one, with the DG-5 freq display. I picked it up used and
dropped but it took very little work to get it up and running.
I used to have a TS-820s and a Yaesu FT-902DM, but have found that I can
do with out them. Likewise, I got rid of my Delhi tower, Ham4 Rotor,
and TA-33Jr and now use a 33 foot pine pole stuck in a hole in the ground
with home brew wire antennae.

I haven't really noticed any significant improvement other than simplicity!
I figure the TS-520S will run forever, and if something goes wrong it is
easy to fix.

Irv VE6BP
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

FA Nice Kenwood 520S LQQK John Swap 0 December 13th 04 03:56 PM
F.S Kenwood TS 520S lou.de.beer Boatanchors 0 March 21st 04 02:15 PM
FS:Kenwood R-5000 Short Wave Rcvr Jim Horn Swap 0 January 12th 04 04:14 AM
FS:KENWOOD TS480HX 200WATT TRANSCEIVER GPinOS Swap 1 December 30th 03 01:46 AM
520s VFO DG5 [email protected] Swap 0 September 2nd 03 10:24 PM