Old October 10th 05, 12:27 AM
D Peter Maus

Dave Edwards wrote:
Hey...is that right??? My wife told me otherwise!!!!

...Dave

I've never understood how one spouse can TELL another how he/she may
or may not operate his/her hobbies. It would seem to me that if it's
really a partnership....well, you get the drift.

Maybe it's time to take the Howard Hughes approach:

"Women? It's cheaper to buy an airline."

And then buy the radios you want.

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Travis wrote:
Beauty is right!

I might be tempted if I didn't all ready have "too" many radios.

There is no such thing as too many radios.

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
See pics here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old October 10th 05, 02:36 AM
Dave Edwards

Well, I would agree. But there is a difference between a spouse TELLING you
what you can or can't purchase and a spouse 'suggesting' (correctly I might
add) that perhaps 6 or 7 Drake 2B's is enough! hi hi

Old October 10th 05, 06:36 PM
D Peter Maus

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
D Peter Maus wrote:

I've never understood how one spouse can TELL another how he/she
may or may not operate his/her hobbies. It would seem to me that if
it's really a partnership....well, you get the drift.

Maybe it's time to take the Howard Hughes approach:

"Women? It's cheaper to buy an airline."

And then buy the radios you want.

So you feel one should be able to fill the house, which one shares with
a spouse (partnership as you stated), with radios or anything else
related to one's hobby, and the spouse should have no say. You must not
be married and if not I see why.

You might wish to read more closely.

Old October 11th 05, 05:55 AM
Dave Heil

D Peter Maus wrote:

I've never understood how one spouse can TELL another how he/she may
or may not operate his/her hobbies. It would seem to me that if it's
really a partnership....well, you get the drift.

I can understand it. One spouse (the one with the old radios) begins to
allow them to overflow the hamshack and letting them accumulate in the
living areas of the house. He might spend money needed for household
necessities or on money the other spouse had earmarked for her hobbies
or interests. In short, the one spouse (the one with the boatanchors)
begins wandering back and forth across that line which separates hobby
from mental illness. ;-)

Dave K8MN

Old October 16th 05, 08:30 PM
Das Boot

Default FA Hallicrafters SX-117 Beauty!!

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
See pics here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ended with no bids - couldn't even get $10 for it. Pathetic.

Old October 17th 05, 12:02 AM
Brenda Ann

"Das Boot" wrote in message
groups.com...

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
See pics here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ended with no bids - couldn't even get $10 for it. Pathetic.

Given that he ended the auction early, I figure he either found a local
buyer, or had seller's remorse and decided to keep the radio.

Old October 17th 05, 12:45 AM
Bill

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Das Boot" wrote in message
groups.com...

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message

Ended with no bids - couldn't even get $10 for it. Pathetic.

Given that he ended the auction early, I figure he either found a local
buyer, or had seller's remorse and decided to keep the radio.

Back door sale. Nice rig, fine condition. Was probably offered much
more than he expected.

-Bill
Old October 17th 05, 01:52 AM
Dave Edwards

To everyone regarding the SX-117.
I attempted to listen in to ECARS during the week, and could not find them.
When I found them on another radio, I looked into it. CHU was off in
frequency by a good amount...more than what the display calibrator could
correct for. I'm sure it is just that routine of adjusting a coil at one
end of the band, and a cap at the other end...back and forth, back and
forth. But, I am going to send it to WA8SAJ for the task...and whatever
other magic he routinely performs.
It'll be back!

......Dave

"Bill" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:

groups.com...

Old October 17th 05, 01:55 AM
Bill

Dave Edwards wrote:

To everyone regarding the SX-117.
I attempted to listen in to ECARS during the week, and could not find them.
When I found them on another radio, I looked into it. CHU was off in
frequency by a good amount...more than what the display calibrator could
correct for. I'm sure it is just that routine of adjusting a coil at one
end of the band, and a cap at the other end...back and forth, back and
forth. But, I am going to send it to WA8SAJ for the task...and whatever
other magic he routinely performs.
It'll be back!

.....Dave

So whats your "as-is" price?