Old October 26th 05, 01:43 PM
Steve Reinhardt

Default Drake TR-3 audio output transformer

My audio output transformer is fried. I'd like to fit one of the same
dimensions; heck, I'd like it to be an original Drake unit.
Anybody have a TR-3 they are using for parts?? Or, more practically
speaking, have some unit with a 6AQ5 output they don't want anymore??

Steve
AB1EN

Old October 26th 05, 02:46 PM
Scott Dorsey

Steve Reinhardt wrote:
My audio output transformer is fried. I'd like to fit one of the same
dimensions; heck, I'd like it to be an original Drake unit.
Anybody have a TR-3 they are using for parts?? Or, more practically
speaking, have some unit with a 6AQ5 output they don't want anymore??

Hammond makes an equivalent that ought to fit.

If you absolutely want it to be original, you can rewind the old one, or
send it to Peter Dahl and have them rewind it.
--scott

Old October 26th 05, 03:57 PM
David Stinson

Steve Reinhardt wrote:
My audio output transformer is fried....

Is it the same one that's in the TR-4C?
I have a junker TR-4C (left in a wet storage barn).
If it's the same, I'll pull it and send it to you.
73 Dave AB5S
Old October 26th 05, 04:00 PM
Steve Reinhardt

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Steve Reinhardt wrote:
My audio output transformer is fried. I'd like to fit one of the same
dimensions; heck, I'd like it to be an original Drake unit.
Anybody have a TR-3 they are using for parts?? Or, more practically
speaking, have some unit with a 6AQ5 output they don't want anymore??

Hammond makes an equivalent that ought to fit.

If you absolutely want it to be original, you can rewind the old one, or
send it to Peter Dahl and have them rewind it.
--scott

I was thinking of rewinding it. It's been quite a while since I've done
that, and the core was much bigger (old color TV set power transformer
rewond to power my ARC-5)
but I might give it a whirl...

Steve
AB1EN

Old November 26th 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Orval Chadsey

Steve Reinhardt wrote:

My audio output transformer is fried. I'd like to fit one of the same
dimensions; heck, I'd like it to be an original Drake unit.
Anybody have a TR-3 they are using for parts?? Or, more practically
speaking, have some unit with a 6AQ5 output they don't want anymore??

Steve
AB1EN

Here is another transformer rewind company:

Audio Transformers
185 North 85th St
Wauwatosa, WI 53226-4601

(414)774-6625