Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 5th 05, 07:02 PM
Steven Swift

Default Variable Regulated Tube Power Supplies.

Over the past few weeks, I have seen postings requesting schematics for
variable tube supplies. I finally took a few minutes to scan in a
couple from the GE Essential Characteristics Book from 1969, and
to convert a hand-drawn schematic to .pdf.

I doubt that these schematics are definitive, but I built two of them
and they work on my bench. The GE 1-compactron supply also exists as a
totally solid-state version as a dedicated BC-312 supply (MosFet as
pass element and a MPSA42 as the gain stage).

I put the schematics, along with a brief explanation, up on:

http://novatech-instr.com/Fun/ge_ps.pdf

I am pretty sure the last schematic violates the specs for a 12GB3, but
it seems to be working.

Comments are welcomed.

Steve.

--
Steven D. Swift, , http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC. P.O. Box 55997