Old November 16th 05, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Smokey

Default Wire antenna analysis software recommendations?

Am looking for recommendations of antenna analysis software programs to
assist me in development and construction of a variety of wire and
multi-band antennas. Primarily interested in programs that display radiation
pattern. No preference if it is old DOS based or the latest thing. I would
prefer shareware/free or at least something reasonable in cost. Thanks.

Smokey W9STB

Old November 16th 05, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill

Smokey wrote:

Am looking for recommendations of antenna analysis software programs

EZNEC seems to work well. A bit of a learning curve but thats to be
expected.
And Roy is always around here on the groups should you need to find him.
http://www.eznec.com

-Bill
Old November 16th 05, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Wes Stewart

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:17:40 -0600, "Smokey"
wrote:

Am looking for recommendations of antenna analysis software programs to
assist me in development and construction of a variety of wire and
multi-band antennas. Primarily interested in programs that display radiation
pattern. No preference if it is old DOS based or the latest thing. I would
prefer shareware/free or at least something reasonable in cost. Thanks.

Free:

1. The demo version of EZNEC www.eznec.com

2. MMANA http://www.smeter.net/antennas/mmana.php

3. 4NEC2 http://www.si-list.org/swindex2.html#4nec2_

Nearly Free:

1. MultiNEC http://www.si-list.org/NEC_Archives/MultiNEC.zip
Old November 16th 05, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Arie

Hello Wes, Smokey,

The link for latest 4nec2 versions has changed to
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Arie.

Old November 16th 05, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Wes Stewart

On 16 Nov 2005 04:43:26 -0800, "Arie" wrote:

Hello Wes, Smokey,

The link for latest 4nec2 versions has changed to
http://home.ict.nl/~arivoors/

Arie.

Thanks Arie, I'll make a note of that.

Wes

Old November 17th 05, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Smokey

Wes, Bill, Arie and all...

Thank you for taking the time to assist me! In concert with my
all-boatanchors shack I have run across some unusual antennas in early
"wireless" books and thought it would be fun to use vintage sky wires as
well.

I am grateful for all of your help.

Smokey

On Topic [email protected] Shortwave 5 November 2nd 05 10:35 AM
Newbie SWL question: Antenna geometry Hidalgo Shortwave 5 June 8th 04 03:47 AM
Antenna wire question. bugrunner Shortwave 7 March 5th 04 02:02 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 03:01 PM
What is it that makes auto radio get great reception Ronald Shortwave 4 November 16th 03 01:17 PM