Old December 2nd 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default UPS Rate Increase

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:46:22 GMT, Dave Heil

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 15:56:49 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Peter Wieck wrote:
John:

The amount of $$ appropriated for the Gulf War to-date is ~averaging
4.8 billion-with-a-B dollars per month. Allow 24 months, that comes to:
$115,200,000,000 .

115,200,000,000/285,000,000 = $404/person.

As of November 5.

This does not count the thousands of contracts for 'infrastructure' and
other items. That total brings the cost-per-capita to around
$750/person excepting those employed by Haliburton.

I would still rather see that money spent in West Virginia for schools...
Thanks very much but we have plenty of schools. We have so many that a
number are being closed. School consolidation is taking place. If
you'd like to send us something, we could use prime beef or Stilton cheese.

...or Mississippi, or Louisiana, even Texas, Alabama or Arkansas. God help
us, even Camden, NJ. At least when my present-and-future grandchildren
are paying it back there will be a discernable benefit.
"discernible"

I think we are seeing and will see such a benefit. I don't put a price
on my freedom.

But that would be too much like thinking from an administration
bankrupt in that skill.
You're an expert in foreign policy, are you?

I like a lot of folks much more when you're discussing boatanchors.

Funny, we feel the same way about you.

We? Is that you and your rig?

I'll guess that you speak only for yourself and that you do put a price
limit on your freedom.

Yep, I won't give it up for the illusory "tradeoffs" others
are willing to make with their civil liberties.

Dave K8MN

Old December 2nd 05, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Carter-K8VT

Bill wrote:

But it wouldn't matter if it was 200. Our mainland was attacked and it
makes sense to prevent that from happening again.

....and being in Iraq is going to prevent this from happening again how?

15 of 19 mad dog 9/11 assholes = Saudi Arabia

0 of 19 mad dog 9/11 assholes = Iraq
Old December 2nd 05, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill

Carter-K8VT wrote:

Bill wrote:

But it wouldn't matter if it was 200. Our mainland was attacked and
it makes sense to prevent that from happening again.

...and being in Iraq is going to prevent this from happening again how?

15 of 19 mad dog 9/11 assholes = Saudi Arabia

0 of 19 mad dog 9/11 assholes = Iraq

I'm not saying that it will. The radical element is pretty well
entrenched all over the muslim world...including right here at home. I
don't think there will ever be 100% freedom from the threat but at least
they won't be getting WMDs from Saddam who had 'em and used them at one
point. Its a start. Besides, he was a mad dog asshole too.

-Bill
Old December 2nd 05, 03:13 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Peter Wieck

Never mind attempting to convert the invincibly ignorant.

But the currents of dissent run deeper than you might imagine:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5035613

Is worth a listen. Couple that with the breaking news that the USIA is
purchasing "good press" in Iraq.

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath
no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers
shall swallow it up. Hosea 8, v7.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old December 2nd 05, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Scott Dorsey

Bill wrote:

Wrong, Osama. Do your homework. I did.
But it wouldn't matter if it was 200. Our mainland was attacked and it
makes sense to prevent that from happening again.

It sure would, wouldn't it?
It's a shame we haven't tried it and are wasting precious resources while
being totally ineffective against the people responsible for the actual
attack. And in the process we are ****ing off people who could have been
our friends, and making them into more enemies.
--scott

Len's Apology, Was VEC rates to increase Lenof21 Policy 1 January 11th 05 07:01 PM
Low reenlistment rate charlesb Policy 54 September 18th 03 01:57 PM
FS: Motorola 6 Slot Rapid Rate Charger for GP300/P110/P1225 Doc Swap 0 August 11th 03 06:20 AM
Latest News - Morse Code Test May Not "Die" at ITU Conference. Ryan, KC8PMX Policy 90 July 11th 03 03:49 AM