Old November 23rd 05, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Default VFO's for sale.......

On 11/23/05 10:53 AM, in article 2U2hf.1532$1x.1122@fed1read06, "Uncle
Peter" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message news:BFA9C708.1A84D%

No, I thought it was your stuff.

Naw, I own a VF-1, remember?

Lucky you, I just put a series L/C in the xtal socket and spot tune to the
receiver.

Old November 23rd 05, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

Peter" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message news:BFA9C708.1A84D%

No, I thought it was your stuff.

Naw, I own a VF-1, remember?

Lucky you, I just put a series L/C in the xtal socket and spot tune to the
receiver.

Be careful, if it's a tri-tet, you might get bit

I can get you a good deal on a HG-20, though.. Not tested.

Old November 23rd 05, 08:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Uncle Peter wrote:

Is that your stuff? You seem to care an awful lot for being an uninterested
observer.

Why is it everyone in this forum seems to have a chip on their shoulder
just waiting and trying to **** some one off.

Is it because hams that like BA's are cranky old has-beens, never were's
who have nothing else to do?

Lazy Senior
Old November 23rd 05, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Peter" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message news:BFA9C708.1A84D%

No, I thought it was your stuff.

Naw, I own a VF-1, remember?

Lucky you, I just put a series L/C in the xtal socket and spot tune to the
receiver.

Be careful, if it's a tri-tet, you might get bit

I can get you a good deal on a HG-20, though.. Not tested.

Shouldn't that have said "Not tested, but the guy I'm selling it for said he
used to work New Zeland all the time using it barefoot on 80M."

Thanks for the thought, but I was mostly pulling your leg. But it is
something I do in some of my work just to get the frequencies I want without
committing a big piece of hardware to a simple task.

Don

Old November 24th 05, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

"Lazy Senior" wrote in message
Uncle Peter wrote:

Is that your stuff? You seem to care an awful lot for being an

uninterested
observer.

Why is it everyone in this forum seems to have a chip on their shoulder
just waiting and trying to **** some one off.

Is it because hams that like BA's are cranky old has-beens, never were's
who have nothing else to do?

Lazy Senior

We do it to **** you off.

Peter

Old November 24th 05, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Uncle Peter wrote:

Why is it everyone in this forum seems to have a chip on their shoulder
just waiting and trying to **** some one off.

Is it because hams that like BA's are cranky old has-beens, never were's
who have nothing else to do?

Lazy Senior

We do it to **** you off.
Peter

LOL, you are doing a poor job you cranky old has been wantabee with
nothing else to do.

Lazy Senior

Old November 24th 05, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Beerbarrel

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:44:48 GMT, Lazy Senior
wrote:

Uncle Peter wrote:

Is that your stuff? You seem to care an awful lot for being an uninterested
observer.

Why is it everyone in this forum seems to have a chip on their shoulder
just waiting and trying to **** some one off.

Is it because hams that like BA's are cranky old has-beens, never were's
who have nothing else to do?

Lazy Senior

So tell us about your boatanchors. We have you got in the shack?
Old November 24th 05, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lazy Senior

Beerbarrel wrote:

So tell us about your boatanchors. We have you got in the shack?

Glad you asked, right now the rigs are Viking Ranger, Viking Valiant,
Hammarland rx's, D-104.

Lazy Senior

Frequency stability in vacuum tube VFOs, how do you do it? Robert Casey Homebrew 10 October 6th 04 05:59 AM
WTB Ten Tec remote VFOs Josh Swap 0 September 20th 04 03:23 AM
Keying Novice VFO's Dave Boatanchors 9 October 1st 03 01:29 PM