Old November 26th 05, 06:01 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Carl WA1KPD

Default AWA Contest- Caution

To those of you who were planning to join the AWA CW contest over the next
two weekends be aware that it is a members only event. I just learned so
today. Be careful not to intrude and work someone.(see emails below)

I will be testing out my new Hartley and look forward to anyone else (Member
or not) who want to communicate with Old Time rigs.I will try not to intrude
upon their contest frequencies

This is in no way a shot at Marc who was kind enough to point out the rules
to me.

As a former (for no particular reason) member who has attended the Rochester
meet I have listened to the complaints about AWA over the last few years and
not thought much about them one way or the other. But I now do see why
people complain that they act as an exclusive group.

Yes, I know I could join again and play in the sandbox the next two
weekends, but to be honest I'm not sure I care to anymore.

Old November 26th 05, 08:35 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
YT

members only event

HA HA HA my ass!

No such thing on the ham bands.

Old November 26th 05, 08:49 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Uncle Peter

"Carl WA1KPD" wrote in message

Hey Carl

Let's see some photos of that Hartley rig!!

Pete

Old November 26th 05, 09:13 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Carl WA1KPD

Will do when it is finished. I am using a mil surplus VT-127AZ. About the
oddest looking triode I have ever seen

Old November 26th 05, 10:24 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Brian Hill

"Carl WA1KPD" wrote in message
Will do when it is finished. I am using a mil surplus VT-127AZ. About the
oddest looking triode I have ever seen

--
Carl
WA1KPD
Visit My Boatanchor Collection at
http://home.comcast.net/~chnord/wa1kpd.html

Hi Carl. How have you been? Any other good vintage finds lately?
--

Regards
B.H.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

Old November 27th 05, 01:46 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ron in Radio Heaven

YT wrote:
members only event

HA HA HA my ass!
No such thing on the ham bands.

That's right, any body can work any body else,
but only AWA members can submit logs for scoring
in the contest.
Who cares about the score, get on the air and have FUN.

73, Ron
Old November 27th 05, 03:34 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
COLIN LAMB

Hi Carl:

The VT-127A is a good tube. It was a repackaged Eimac 100TL for radar use.
Just more filament current. They were cheap after the war, but got
sidetracked because the 304TL was also cheap and ran more power.

Love to see a photo when you get done as I have a few sitting in storage
that belong in a rig.

73, Colin K7FM

Old November 27th 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill Janssen

COLIN LAMB wrote:

Hi Carl:

The VT-127A is a good tube. It was a repackaged Eimac 100TL for radar use.
Just more filament current. They were cheap after the war, but got
sidetracked because the 304TL was also cheap and ran more power.

Love to see a photo when you get done as I have a few sitting in storage
that belong in a rig.

73, Colin K7FM

I have a couple of 100xx also and some tunning capacitors and coils and
transformers etc.
I have been keeping these for an old time rig that probably will never
get built.

Anyone want to build a tube rig? I already have too many projects.

Bill K7NOM