Old November 29th 05, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

Default Latest EBAY Joke

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Old November 29th 05, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John, N9JG

Perhaps the seller had a convulsion as he entered the price and added two
extra digits to the price?

"YT" wrote in message
m...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Old November 29th 05, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
YT

Nope, he's a moron ot at least hoping to hook one.

Look at one of his other auctions :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-Galvin-...QQcmdZViewItem

"John, N9JG" wrote in message
Perhaps the seller had a convulsion as he entered the price and added two
extra digits to the price?

"YT" wrote in message
m...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Old November 30th 05, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
David G. Nagel

"John, N9JG" wrote in message

Perhaps the seller had a convulsion as he entered the price and added two
extra digits to the price?

"YT" wrote in message
. com...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Hay! I used to have one of those. It's a Motorola VHF Police receiver.
They used to be called "Bread Box" radios since that's what they looked
like.

I paid $50.00 for mine at a hamfest about 40 years ago. Threw it out
even though it was still working.

Dave N
Old November 30th 05, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dave Edwards

That's the kind of thing you find at hamfests....after everyone has left!!!

"YT" wrote in message
m...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Old November 30th 05, 05:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

Dave Edwards wrote:

That's the kind of thing you find at hamfests....after everyone has left!!!

"YT" wrote in message
m...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Rad...cmdZV iewItem

Not me! They used to slip stuff like that into the back of my step
van when i wasn't looking.

On the other hand, I will admit to picking up over a ton of old power
and audio transformers after a Dayton hamfest in the early '80s. I
sorted out the junk and stripped it for copper, but I saved a few good
cores to wind new transformers.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old November 30th 05, 07:07 PM
Junior Member

Location: near detroit

heck

did you see the crudy SX 28 A

seller was asking a buy it now price of over 1,100 dollars

along with big spy radio hype, seller just stoped short of
saying this very receiver was used at Bletchley Park,

de mac
Old November 30th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John, N9JG

How come the bidders' identities are secret? Does that add more allure to
the product, like maybe the CIA might be bidding?

Old November 30th 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

Wow, Motorola doghouses are worth THAT much? I remember using
one of the TXs in a repeater back in the sixties!

Pete

Old December 2nd 05, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael A. Terrell

Uncle Peter wrote:

Wow, Motorola doghouses are worth THAT much? I remember using
one of the TXs in a repeater back in the sixties!

Pete

To think of the truckloads of those that I scrapped over the years
along with other Motorola, GE, and RCA gear.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida