Old December 5th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
aa8wl

Default WTB:2 tubes 6HU8 and 6AK8

Hy guy, I picked up an older receiver and it needs these 2 tubes so
check you shelves and let me know if you have these 2 tubes. ( 6HU8 ans
6AK8 ) Please send details if you have any. Thanks in advance. 73' de
aa8wl
Old December 5th 05, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill

aa8wl wrote:
Hy guy, I picked up an older receiver and it needs these 2 tubes so
check you shelves and let me know if you have these 2 tubes. ( 6HU8 ans
6AK8 ) Please send details if you have any. Thanks in advance. 73' de
aa8wl

These are more commonly found wearing their European numbers:
6HU8 = ELL80
6AK8 = EABC80

GL,
Bill
Old December 5th 05, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio Vernucci

Hy guy, I picked up an older receiver and it needs these 2 tubes so
check you shelves and let me know if you have these 2 tubes. ( 6HU8 ans
6AK8 ) Please send details if you have any. Thanks in advance. 73' de
aa8wl

One of the cheapest and most reliable places where you can buy tubes is ESRC in Florida http://home.att.net/~esrc/esrcmain.html

The 6HU8=ELL80 is an hard to find tube even in Europe. They sell it at 35$.

The 6AK8=EABC80 is common, and costs 5$. But you can spare two bucks buying the 6T8 which is fully equivalent to the 6AK8.

73

Tony, I0JX

Old December 6th 05, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
aa8wl

Antonio Vernucci wrote:

Hy guy, I picked up an older receiver and it needs these 2 tubes so
check you shelves and let me know if you have these 2 tubes. ( 6HU8 ans
6AK8 ) Please send details if you have any. Thanks in advance. 73' de
aa8wl

One of the cheapest and most reliable places where you can buy tubes is ESRC in Florida http://home.att.net/~esrc/esrcmain.html

The 6HU8=ELL80 is an hard to find tube even in Europe. They sell it at 35$.

The 6AK8=EABC80 is common, and costs 5$. But you can spare two bucks buying the 6T8 which is fully equivalent to the 6AK8.

73

Tony, I0JX

Thanks for the info and I think I may have a 6t8 tube in my spare tubes.
73' de aa8wl Sam
Old December 6th 05, 06:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Mark Oppat

I find the 6T8 is not totally equivalent, but very close. It causes a
little bit of extra "shsst" when tuning onto FM stations on some sets.

I have both the 6AK8 and 6HU8 tubes in stock, I service a lot of the German
sets here in the Detroit area.

Mark Oppat
Antique Audio

. ..

Old December 6th 05, 11:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
aa8wl

Mark Oppat wrote:

[...]

I live in at 17 mi. and Mound in Sterling Heights, MI just outside
Detroit and would like to give you a call. Could I get your phone number
and a good time to call you about picking up these tubes? Thanks, Sam