Old January 10th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Cincinnati

Default NC-300 accessory question

I just received a NC-300 with small chassis in the accessory plug I can not
figure out.

It has a stamp on it of "74400 Millen".

It has four tubes looks like the VHF converters except: (1) The tube lineup
is 3 inline and one double. (2)The are no external IF plugs.

Also, in testing, I am receiving good audio but no stations. All tubes
light.

Any help appreciated.

USE EMAIL BELOW IF REPLYING DIRECT

hamguy (at) fuse.net

Thanks

--

----------------------
Ron Schuster N9RC

Old January 11th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Cincinnati

The crystal calibrator has it's own socket. It's there and has one tube.

This is a mystery because all the accessory socket on the NC-300 does is
supply power.

Good news it is working now. It looks like something inside came back to
life

--

----------------------
Ron Schuster

Old January 11th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
COLIN LAMB

The Millen 74400 is described as:

'OCTAL, BASE AND SHIELD

Low loss phenolic base with octal socket plug and aluminum shield can.'

What you have is a 4 tube home brew device that plugs into the back of the
NC-300 using a Millen 74400 case.

If it has a couple of knobs, it could be a select-o-ject. If you unplug it
and lose audio, it probably is in the audio chain.

And, there is the possibility that someone cleaning up an estate found it
sitting on the shelf and the only place it could plug in was in the back of
the NC-300.

73, Colin K7FM

Old January 12th 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Steve Nosko

I have a 300.
Try contacting the Millen page:
http://www.isquare.com/millen/millen-page.htm

I don't see that number there, but it may be one of the parts.

73, Steve, K,9.D;C'I