Old March 22nd 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Woody

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

Wow... didn't realize the scope of this...
In that case, it seems there are plenty of people here who think you are an
idiot also.
So agree to disagree and be done with it.
rb

Old March 22nd 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

Old March 23rd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Panzer240

"Dave Stadt" wrote in
:

If you feel that way you should purchase them and put them in a museum.
Most would not have survived and will not survive without the intent to
fly. Not much money available for the restoration of static displays.
Lotsa money available for flying restorations. Glaicer girl is an
excellent example.

And the Memphis Belle is an example of a static display going down the tubes.
Still not finished and now moved to Dayton, the US Air Force museum due to
lack of funds to keep the Belle in condition. Those machines were meant to
fly and should be flown. It's really sad to see them rot away on the ground.
In the air they are living history, and give peole a chance to experience the
ground pounding thunder of their mighty engines as they soar overhead. And
very ocaisonally one may get the opportunity to fly in one of them if they
are very lucky as a friend of mine did a few years ago in one of the last
Lancaster bombers left flying.

--
Panzer

Old March 23rd 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Caveat Lector

"Panzer240" wrote in message
"Dave Stadt" wrote in
:

[...]

Another grounded B-17G is parked outside at the Tulare, CA Airport
--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old March 23rd 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Caveat Lector

You can see "Preston's Pride" a B17G at the Tulare, CA Airport if you go to
the Visalia, CA - DX Convention URL:
http://www.dxconvention.org/

The 57th Annual DX Convention - A must for DXers -- April 21, 22 & 23 2006

Old March 23rd 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 23rd 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 23rd 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Bill is 100% correct. He should negotiate and buy the plane from the
restorers for its priceless value, say $50-100 million, he can then
store it and show it to whomever he pleases! That is the American way!

Bill Turner wrote:

keep-the-box-because-it-matters-to-other-boxkeepers packrat, and
preserving history.

Do you get it??
rb

You and the two or three posters who agree with you are self-centered
pigs who care nothing about preserving history. Your temporary
adrenaline rush is much more important, and the risk of splattering a
priceless aircraft means nothing beside your momentary thrills. How sad
that people like you are allowed to own such an aircraft.

A hundred or five hundred years from now, if your ilk prevails, people
will be saying "Gosh, I wish someone had kept a B-17G preserved
somewhere. I would have really loved to see the real thing".

I hope and pray there are not many like you.

Bill T.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Old March 23rd 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

"**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**" wrote in message ...
Bill is 100% correct. He should negotiate and buy the plane from the restorers for its priceless value, say $50-100 million, he can then store it and show it to whomever he pleases! That is the American way!

He won't buy it. All the weenies that complain about somebody else spending
their own money to restore and use something will do nothing except huff and
puff like the litlle piggies.

I plug in my boat anchors. I heat my shop with an FRR 59 . I would never think
of just leaving it sitting there collecting dust and rusting away.

Old March 23rd 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

HAM EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 1 December 20th 03 09:45 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 11th 03 09:50 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Antenna 2 December 6th 03 08:07 AM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 5th 03 06:39 PM
RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 1st 03 06:22 PM