Old March 23rd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Chris Suslowicz

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

In article ,
jakdedert wrote:

Dave Stadt wrote:
Old March 23rd 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chris Suslowicz

In article . net,
"COLIN LAMB" wrote:

I must say that when I ship a piece of WWII gear, I feel guilty packing it.
It was designed to be shot at, go through intense cold and heat and keep
working, and then I ship it off and pack it like it was a treasure. I
really should tape an address label on it and drop it in the box. I doubt
that the post office can do what the Germans and Japanese could not do

I have no doubt whatsoever. I also have a WW2 manual that includes a
section on packaging of equipment for transportation, and they don't doubt
it either:

"...It should be remembered that goods in transit receive very rough
handling, a free drop onto concrete from a height of 4' 6" is not
improbable, and packaging should as far as possible be made to meet
these conditions".

- but I still pack the stuff with care.

As you must.

Chris.
--
If being dropped out of an aircraft into ... a minefield is "moderately
rough handling", what would constitute "rough handling"?

Being shipped UPS.
-- David Richerby and Dave Brown

Old March 23rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

Old March 24th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Edward Zeranski

"...It should be remembered that goods in transit receive very rough
handling, a free drop onto concrete from a height of 4' 6" is not
improbable, and packaging should as far as possible be made to meet
these conditions".

UPS= Universal Package Smashers. I've had the best luck using the
postal service for BoatAnchor shipping, second was Fedex. For the really
big stuff Donzelli Transport works great.

EdZ

Old March 24th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 24th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 24th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 25th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

Old March 25th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger D Johnson

Default Who is 217stufforsale on eBay?

Who is "217stufforsale"? Quite a few negative feedbacks and
no location given. Kind of reminds me of Radio-Mart.

73, Roger

--
Remove tilde (~) to reply

Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://ussliberty.org/
Old March 25th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
just stop all of the arguing and whining. This isn't
the right forum for it.

Very interesting that the post asking to stop the arguing and whining
is the longest post of all, by far. In a nutshell, that's the problem.
Only your thoughts are important, only your desires are valid, what you
want is primary above all.

As long as folks like you own these priceless relics, someday the last
one will be reduced to scrap. What a shame.

The answer is still the same. If you don't want the airplane to fly then
YOU should buy it and put it on static display in your workshop.

If you don't want to buy it then let the people who are willing to
restore it use it as a flying museum.

Bill T.

HAM EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 1 December 20th 03 09:45 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 11th 03 09:50 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Antenna 2 December 6th 03 08:07 AM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 5th 03 06:39 PM
RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 1st 03 06:22 PM