Old March 23rd 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Gretsch_lover

Default Question about Thordarson & Stancor output transformer

Hello! I need a help!!
I would like to know how old are my output transformers.
One is "Stancor A-3823". Another is "Thordarson 24S33".
I have hardly tried to find out the age of trannys. However, I have
nerver had a decisive answer.

Does anyone have any idea?
If you do, Please let me know.

Thanks.

P.S. I have figured out that "Stancor A-3823" continued from early 60's
to 70's.

Old March 23rd 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Wes Stewart

On 23 Mar 2006 06:15:40 -0800, "Gretsch_lover"
wrote:

Hello! I need a help!!
I would like to know how old are my output transformers.
One is "Stancor A-3823". Another is "Thordarson 24S33".

The Stancor A-3823 is shown in Catalog S-103 (undated) and Catalog
S-106 dated 1961-62. It is not listed in Catalog CS-101, undated but
copyrighted 1961.

Can't help with the other one.

Old March 24th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dale H. Cook

wrote:

I would like to know how old are my output transformers.
One is "Stancor A-3823". Another is "Thordarson 24S33".

I have figured out that "Stancor A-3823" continued from early 60's
to 70's.

The A-3823 was in production much longer than that. It was in Catalog
140C, dated 10-Jul-1941.

I haven't yet been able to pin down the Thordarson part.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml
Old March 24th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Gretsch_lover

Thanks a lot!!!
By the way, Is there EIA DATE CODE on all the Stancor transformers?
I have to check it out again though...