Old April 25th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Steven

Default FS: HEATHKIT IM5284 Multimeter - UNBUILT -

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Steven wrote:

I don't exactly exist for this retarded box and impotent TV mess you
know as a computer. It helps me find parts though.

It does? Then PLEASE find yourself a working brain.

I'm not sending it to you...

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old April 25th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Carter-K8VT

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Zenith bought Heathkit to become "established" in the personal
computer business to bid on a number of computer contracts with the US
military. I had the news clipping somewhere from a trade journal, but I
haven't seen it in some time.

....and IIRC, they ultimately sunk Heathkit due to neglect of the
non-computer part of Heath.

Old April 25th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Michael A. Terrell

Carter-K8VT wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Zenith bought Heathkit to become "established" in the personal
computer business to bid on a number of computer contracts with the US
military. I had the news clipping somewhere from a trade journal, but I
haven't seen it in some time.

...and IIRC, they ultimately sunk Heathkit due to neglect of the
non-computer part of Heath.

Sure, all they wanted was a place to sell lots of their monitor
assemblies and complete monitors, as well as tap into government
contracts. Have you ever opened one of their TEMPEST rated CGA or VGA
monitors?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 25th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Michael A. Terrell

Steven wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Steven wrote:

I don't exactly exist for this retarded box and impotent TV mess you
know as a computer. It helps me find parts though.

It does? Then PLEASE find yourself a working brain.

I'm not sending it to you...

Hauling coal to Newcastle?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 25th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:25:27 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Steven wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Steven wrote:

I don't exactly exist for this retarded box and impotent TV mess you
know as a computer. It helps me find parts though.

It does? Then PLEASE find yourself a working brain.

I'm not sending it to you...

Hauling coal to Newcastle? snip

Steven and Charlie Nudo are two peas in a very, very rotten pod.

Old April 25th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Steven

Oh, pick on me now.

At least you didn't invent me.

It's an honor to be misconstrued by such as yourself. Really!

Legitimizes my entire life.

Old April 26th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Michael A. Terrell

Steven wrote:

Oh, pick on me now.

At least you didn't invent me.

It's an honor to be misconstrued by such as yourself. Really!

Legitimizes my entire life.

I doubt that anyone has ever accused you of being legitimate.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old April 26th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:29:38 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I doubt that anyone has ever accused you of being legitimate. snip

He's not. He's Charlie Nudo's ******* spawn...or is it the other way
around?
Old May 1st 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
jim menning

"jim menning" wrote in message

"Bill Turner" wrote in message

Wise up, guys. Unbuilt Heathkits are collector's items, far more
valuable than a built one.

Bill, W6WRT

Yep. Just keep watching this one:

My guess at the final bid: $707.63

jim menning

Darn, I was a little short. Winning bid: $787.77. But I'm still not surprised by
that.

jim menning

Old May 2nd 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Steven

jim menning wrote:
"jim menning" wrote in message

"Bill Turner" wrote in message

Wise up, guys. Unbuilt Heathkits are collector's items, far more
valuable than a built one.

Bill, W6WRT

Yep. Just keep watching this one:

My guess at the final bid: $707.63

jim menning

Darn, I was a little short. Winning bid: $787.77. But I'm still not surprised by
that.

jim menning

I don't think I've spent that much on everything but 3 of all the
electrical audio and TV widgets I own! I MEAN INDEED, the last three
put me over maybe by 150.00. ALL my tubed TVs, radios, Sony sets,
Stereo gear, Speakers, computer and embryonic computers and parts
sets/future repaired sets.

That guy's just loco. I'll make up for him and go snag a pair of 3-way
vans to transplant Pioneer and Jensen into and hopefully a Philips High
Fidelity Laboratories receiver in really decent working shape for under
15 dollars. Then I'll keep saving for an Emerson with SW I really like.

If I don't get my Teac dubber to stop eating tapes after
demagnetization, I'm going to build a booth and target and charge the
neighbors for chances to shoot it GRRR It ate my Joan Baez GH tape
dammit. That was despicable...oh well. And YEAH, I know somebody isn't
paying 800 bucks for a stupid kit. You go get Elliot Ness, I'll call
Joe Friday, somebody get ahold of Dick Tracy and Commisioner Gordon
nudge nudge a wink's as good as a blind bat, know what I mean?

Later.