Old June 26th 06, 12:59 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
mikeFNB

Default B2 spy set o n Ebay

on behalf of everyone on this newsgroup
may i apologise for the actions certain persons
i hope everyone will join me
in saying
thankyou
on behalf of the radio community
a job well done
and one that should be commended

it is sad you had to waste your time to justify yourself here

mike g7bnf

"Jean Darley G1DLL" wrote in message
.uk...

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2642%26fvi%3D1

Seems VERY under bid and from a silent key sale. Seems wrong the widow
should be ripped off when it goes for only £1000

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

Facts about the Spy set auction on Ebay for a Silent Key sale by
Delightful_Little_Lady who set up the auction.

All the radio kit from the silent key was purchased by The Bredhurst
Receiving and Transmitting Society (BRATS) of which I am a member out of
club funds for £500.00 to immediately allow the family to pay for expences
that were due. The BRATS were to be paid back their £500.00 and any profit
that the members made above £500.00 by selling the equipment would be paid
to the family. If this figure was not achieved The BRATS did not expect
their money back.

The BRATS were given 2 agendas by the family of the silent key.

One was to sell the equipment to raise enough money to at least pay for
his funeral. The couple were so distraught that my husband arranged the
cheapest funeral he could for them.

The second agenda was a plea from the family to get rid of the large
amount of equipment from their premises AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We are
talking one garage load and one large room of equipment that had been
collected by the amateur over 40 odd years. Quite a task in anyone's
books.

The Radio Club (The Bredhurst Radio & Transmitting Society), of which I
and my husband are members appointed my husband Charles G4VSZ to take over
the advertisements of the equipment to 9 local Radio Clubs in the area.
This he did by setting up a Website to offer the equipment that was the
most valuable. The B2 was the most valuable piece of equipment belonging
to the silent key. This was offered on the website and anyone could have
telephoned us on our number, which is in the telephone book, emailed him
to offer a firm bid on this item. NO ONE came forward from any of the
clubs we contacted with a bid. However, quite a few people said put it on
Ebay.

I reluctantly offered to put it under my Ebay name as I have over 1000
positive feedbacks. I say reluctantly because it meant a lot of work for
me and as usual people were coming up with plenty of suggestions but no
solutions. Charles and I also said that if it did not sell we would put
our money where our mouth is and give £1,000.00 for the set. I was then
able to start the auction at £1,000.00.

I made the auction a private auction to stop timewasters putting in bids
in the last minutes and then not paying. I had 8 people who asked to join
my bidders list and of those 3 made bids. The radio has now sold for
£1,776 to a London bidder who I will keep anonymous as per the auction
description. I am paying the fees of this sale on Ebay myself.

The family can more than pay for the funeral and are delighted and
overwhelmed by what the Bredhurst Receiving & Transmitting Society (BRATS)
have done for them.

If, like usual, there is no comment from the perpetrator of this thread
when faced with the truth about something. I will take it that my Ebay
name has been vindicated on this newsgroup. Sorry is not a word in his
vocabulary so he usually goes silent instead. If, however, he is attention
seeking again, and in his usual mood for twisting the truth to suit
himself, I can assure this will be my only posting on the subject, as none
of my family want anything to do with this man, especially giving him fuel
for his massive ego. Jean Darley G1DLL Delightful_Little_Lady on Ebay.

Old June 26th 06, 07:09 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brian Reay

"Jean Darley G1DLL" wrote in message
.uk...

If, like usual, there is no comment from the perpetrator of this thread
when faced with the truth about something. I will take it that my Ebay
name has been vindicated on this newsgroup. Sorry is not a word in his
vocabulary so he usually goes silent instead.

Jean, I've nothing to apologise for. I stirred up interest in the auction,
contacted VMARS (check the EMails in circulation) so the true item was known
(much more that the original offer), and it appears that a far more sensible
bid has been made. I hope the family are happy and I wish the new owner of
the B2 set well, whoever he is.

As for the rest, I think is terrible that you seek to use the death of a
well liked local amateur to ferment a one sided row that has resulted in
one of the BRATS with a police caution for harassment.

I will not comment further here, out of respect for Peter and his family

Brian

Old June 26th 06, 10:22 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
M0WWS

Brian Reay wrote:
"Jean Darley G1DLL" wrote in message
.uk...

I will not comment further here, out of respect for Peter and his family

May I suggest you make no further comment full stop.

Old June 26th 06, 01:48 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Spokesman

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news

"Jean Darley G1DLL" wrote in message
.uk...

If, like usual, there is no comment from the perpetrator of this thread
when faced with the truth about something. I will take it that my Ebay
name has been vindicated on this newsgroup. Sorry is not a word in his
vocabulary so he usually goes silent instead.

Jean, I've nothing to apologise for.

You could apologize for being a jerk!

But then, you would still be a jerk,

Old June 26th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
The Magnum

"Dave X" wrote in message
oups.com...

You're always boasting about.. // Blah.. blah... blah... blah //

** Shut up Gareth Alun Evans, you are indeed, a pathetic jealous fool.**

I for one have never heard Brian "Boasting" about money. Are you bitter
because you have reached a point in your life yourself where you know you
aren't going any further, are unemployed/unemployable and live either in a
rented flat or council house you will never own and will never be able to
have cash to spend on a whim? Was I correct in my assumption that to make
ends meet , you rummage in the bins of your neighbours to find "copper
wire"?

Is it because you never amounted to much and when you shove off this mortal
coil, no one will really miss you?

Boo hoo, poor Gareth...a pathetic figure of a man...

Graham
--
-.-. -... / .-. .- -.. .. ---

Radio is only a Hobby. Don't let it rule your life...

73/51 - Graham, 26-Golf Charlie-19 (www.open-channel.co.uk)

Old June 26th 06, 06:12 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
The Magnum

"We Are Devo!" wrote in message
On 25/06/2006 at 16:23:09 M3OSN Brian Reay wrote:

Seems VERY under bid and from a silent key sale. Seems wrong the
widow should be ripped off when it goes for only £1000

Can you _prove_ that?

It says the auction end price was £1,776. It may be under priced or it may
be the market price.. I don't know, so was someone genuine blocked from
making a bid? Armed with that information they may have a valid point...
otherwise how come they never bid on it themselves if it was so valuable..
or did they?

Graham
--