Old September 20th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default WSRF/WSHE-FM Ft. Lauderdale

I've got a tape recording from 1971 with Johnny Dark on WSRF. Since
I'm non-US I thought this station was an absolut rocker. In 1977 I
drove by Ft Lauderdale and gave it a listen: "Surf 16" with an AOR
format. I lsitened a lot to WSHE and I remember at the end of a news
cast: ... that's all the news SHE's got...
While in Miami I visited WGBS 710, which also was a rock station.
Great times - with great radio.

On 17 Sep 2006 04:34:26 GMT, "CWT" wrote:

I used to work at WSRF and WSHE-FM in Ft Lauderdale in the late 1970's.
WSRF was rock and then country while I was there. WSHE went from
progressive rock to soft rock to progressive to Corporate rock while I
was there. Some of the people I worked with were Tom Judge, Micky
Milner, John and Barbara Emm, Tom Webb, Cory James, Dan Carlisle, Jim
White, Ron Brothers, Nancy Gettle, and Buzz Kilman. Anyone out there
know what became of these folks? Does anyone remember WSHE during its
punk-rock heyday in 1978-9?

Carl Turner
Durham, NC

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam: http://web2.cleanmessage.com/b.php?c...m=44acd5b41f32
Not spam: http://web2.cleanmessage.com/b.php?c...m=44acd5b41f32
Forget vote: http://web2.cleanmessage.com/b.php?c...m=44acd5b41f32
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Old September 16th 13, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

On Tuesday, September 19, 2006 9:07:32 PM UTC-7, Peter wrote:
I've got a tape recording from 1971 with Johnny Dark on WSRF. Since
I'm non-US I thought this station was an absolut rocker. In 1977 I
drove by Ft Lauderdale and gave it a listen: "Surf 16" with an AOR
format. I lsitened a lot to WSHE and I remember at the end of a news
cast: ... that's all the news SHE's got...
While in Miami I visited WGBS 710, which also was a rock station.
Great times - with great radio.

Care to share that recording? I've been looking for something for over 25 years!

Thanks.

Old August 19th 15, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

On Tuesday, September 19, 2006 at 9:07:32 PM UTC-7, Peter wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Would you be willing to somehow share that recording ? I'm dying to hear some old Surf 16!

Thanks,

Mitch