Old October 10th 06, 03:39 PM posted to
Default WSRF/WSHE-FM Ft. Lauderdale

i still have WSRF's front license plate and beach towel!! for a long
time, they were the best station in south Fla.

Peter wrote:
I've got a tape recording from 1971 with Johnny Dark on WSRF. Since
I'm non-US I thought this station was an absolut rocker. In 1977 I
drove by Ft Lauderdale and gave it a listen: "Surf 16" with an AOR
format. I lsitened a lot to WSHE and I remember at the end of a news
cast: ... that's all the news SHE's got...
While in Miami I visited WGBS 710, which also was a rock station.
Great times - with great radio.

On 17 Sep 2006 04:34:26 GMT, "CWT" wrote:

I used to work at WSRF and WSHE-FM in Ft Lauderdale in the late 1970's.
WSRF was rock and then country while I was there. WSHE went from
progressive rock to soft rock to progressive to Corporate rock while I
was there. Some of the people I worked with were Tom Judge, Micky
Milner, John and Barbara Emm, Tom Webb, Cory James, Dan Carlisle, Jim
White, Ron Brothers, Nancy Gettle, and Buzz Kilman. Anyone out there
know what became of these folks? Does anyone remember WSHE during its
punk-rock heyday in 1978-9?

Carl Turner
Durham, NC

Not spam: