Old January 19th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Wwl Am 870 - Qsl?

Greg and Joan wrote:
"weatherall" wrote in message

Does someone know if WWL (New Orleans, Louisiana) 870 AM sends QSL
cards? I am in the San Francisco bay area and I finally confirmed
their signal by their call letters a couple nights ago.

Most stations will QSL -- the report should be detailed - commercials, etc.
announcements, and you should provide return postage.

A lot of stations, however, use contract engineering staff who may not be
at the station on a regular basis, so it may take a while before your report
gets to them.

Also, MAKE SURE that you address the letter to the CE. I have been at
stations and found reception reports in the public inspection file that
nobody had ever handed me because the staff didn't know that anything
was supposed to do with them.

Note that the situation at WWL is probably a lot better than at a small
daytimer, but it won't hurt to be proactive about it.

Last but not least, be patient in your wait for a reply. QSL replies can
come back by return mail, or they may take weeks or months, depending on
the station engineers' priorities.

Sadly it's not a very high priority for most folks, especially if they have
to write an actual letter rather than just dropping a card and a couple
bumper stickers in an envelope. Lots of smaller stations don't have
preprinted cards.
--scott