Old February 22nd 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default WNYC book interview

I caught a little bit of an interview with a recent author on WNYC
and found the topic interesting but I can't remember now what the
author's name is nor what the title of the book is nor even whether it
was on the Brian Lehrer show or the Leonard Lopate show, the two most
likely shows on which I would have heard it.

The little bit that I remember is that the book was written by someone
who did some kind of consulting for companies to find out why their
employees tended to drop out in various ways, either by quitting or
committing some form of professional suicide. The author found, as
I recall, that it was usually due to stress caused by the policies
of the employers and that the consultant was usually fired when that
is what he told the employers. So, he wrote a book about what he had
learned through his research while doing consulting work.

If someone heard the interview and can remember the author and title,
please let me know. I did a google search for variants on

book interview professional suicide brian lehrer

and didn't turn up anything that rang a bell.
--
Ignorantly,
Allan Adler