Old March 2nd 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default RADIO LIMERICK ONE WI-FI

My deep love for Irish music, in all its forms, knows absolutely no
bounds. It is the very reason why I took over RADIO LIMERICK ONE
after
it was abandoned by its previous owners in 2005. I had a vision and
that is to promote the music of my native hometown and country to the
people of the world. This is why I decided to embrace modern
technology and attempt to reach further than, up until now, was
possible with my dream.

A dream of having the world pay attention to the most beautiful music
in the world.. But since RADIO LIMERICK ONE started its web streaming
service I have realised that there is more to my dream than I first
imagined. Not only is the world listening to this music but the world
is playing it. The station has received music, by CD and MP3's from
countries all over the world and from people who, up until now, could
not get an airing at such a level as is proposed by RADIO LIMERICK
ONE.

The arrival on the marketplace of WI-FI Radio now means that Internet
Radio is no longer the preserve of the elite computer owner, but has
brought radio back where it belongs, wireless radio in the bedrooms,
the kitchens, the living rooms and the workplace. "We have come full
circle and these are exciting times for those who love radio. We can
become more involved in radio than ever before, now we are no longer
controlled by the barriers of border and frequency limitations and
the
airwaves of the world has opened out to us and I want RADIO LIMERICK
ONE to be a pioneer of this new technology. I want to demonstrate to
the musicians who walk the walk with me to realise that the world
wants to hear their music as much as I do.

Now is the time for musicians and broadcasters and listeners to unite
in one clear objective and that is to embrace modern technology to
promote our endevours and show the world that we exist. Lets do it!

RADIO LIMERICK ONE is an all volunteer, Irish music, labor-of-love
webcasting radio station. It broadcasts on the Internet 24 hours/day,
365 days/year from a small studio in Limerick City centre, Ireland.
RLO has been "on-air" for more than ten years, and "live" webcasting
began in June 2005. There is not a terrestrial transmitter. In other
words, you can't hear RLO on your car radio but we do broadcast on
WI-
FI which has made our service available to all WI-FI Radio Owners
Globally. Unlike most other webcasts, RLO is interactive. Listeners
are invited to interact with each other in a chat room, choose the
music, and pop reaction posts to what they hear at any given time.

We focus on independent Irish musicians in the following genres:
acoustic, folk, jazz, classical, singer-songwriter, swing, big-band,
new-age, instrumental, blues, spoken word, and humor. We also air
Christian, experimental-electronica, and soft rock, providing of
course its Irish or the performer has an Irish connection.

Our listeners tend to be adult music aficionados and music buyers.
Those who tune-in regularly are transformed into "addicted" RLO fans
and become part of the family of contributors, listeners and
occasional moaners!

Listeners contribute to the experience in many ways sending their own
music, phoning in and chatting LIVE on air, singing their own songs
and submitting their music.

If you wish to be a part of RADIO LIMERICK ONE then pop along to our
site at http://www.radiolimerickone.com

Best Wishes From Ireland,
Gerry Hannan