Old April 2nd 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Is there a better gathering place?

I know that is right. I knew bill verry well. He came down here to
Atlanta, and stayed at my house a couple of times. I would love to take
over as the moderator of the group. Things have been slipping around here
in the past couple of years.
http://www.randomc.com/~dana/oldies

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Scott Dorsey wrote:

The Ambassador wrote:
I have not been to this newsgroup in several years. It used to be very
active. Many newsgroups used to be more active and they have moved in many
cases to the web. Is there a better place for discussing pro radio
broadcasting and radio in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s. You can post here or
send me an email to sethhagin at yahoo.com

The basic story: back when this group was more active, it was moderated
by Bill Pfeiffer, who was a hell of a guy and made this group a unique
and wonderful thing. Bill died a few years back, I am sorry to report.

Much as the current moderation staff tries, I fear they aren't able to
do the kind of job Bill did. But for that matter, nobody in any other
forum anywhere has ever come close to doing the kind of job Bill did.
He is greatly missed.
--scott

The Gathering Storm ve3... Shortwave 3 March 12th 07 05:37 PM
Is there a better gathering place? Steven J. Sobol Broadcasting 0 March 8th 07 07:36 AM
Is there a better gathering place? Scott Dorsey Broadcasting 0 March 8th 07 06:25 AM
Is there a better gathering place? The Ambassador Broadcasting 0 March 2nd 07 09:01 PM
THIS PLACE.............. Bill Gates CB 26 November 20th 06 05:02 AM