Old December 3rd 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default Help! ISDN lines and long distance problems

Hey guys,
I don't have quite the same problem, but we broadcast a radio show out of n
ashville, tn and we connect daily to a remote studio in washington DC via I
SDN connection. Both sides are using telos zephyrs. Periodically we will ha
ve digital interference on the receiving end in DC (sometimes it bleeds thr
ough to our side.) The interference sounds like a "chirp" or harsh high pit
ched scraping noise that lasts about a split second.

Our carrier in Nashville is ATT, and on the DC side it's verizon. We also c
onnect to many other studios on a daily basis in Texas, Georgia, and NY, an
d NEVER have had this issue. All of our gear and our lines have been tested
and cleared on this end (Nashville). We have also had a Verizon ISDN tech
go to our DC location and run a BRI test from those SPIDS to the local C.O.
and his tests were clean.

We have seem to do everything possible, but the problem persists.
Any ideas? (sorry for the length and wordiness)

On Thursday, April 27, 2000 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Glen Motto wrote:
Hey guys/gals..need your help..I am working with a guy who is using an
ISDN line and a Telos Zephyr to connect with a network....local calls go
through fine on the ISDN line, using the 10-10-222 or 10-10-288 prefix
with the long distance causes the call to go through fine (but VERYYY
expensive!), but just dialing straight out long distance will not
work....we had our line installed by Bell Atlantic, and use Quest for
long distance....I was told that someone else using Bell Atlantic also
has to use the 10-10 codes to get through. Anyone have experience with
this? By the way, the 10-10 prefix for Quest doesn't work
either...beginning to think that Quest can't handle the 64/48 or 56/48
data we are sending....

The problem is that the call will not connect at all unless I use the
1010222 or 1010288 prefix...

Glen
--
rec.radio.broadcasting is a robomoderated newsgroup. Please mail
messages to .

Old December 4th 12, 12:06 AM
Senior Member

Can you use VOIP?
__________________
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...
Old December 4th 12, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

wrote:
I don't have quite the same problem, but we broadcast a radio show out of n
ashville, tn and we connect daily to a remote studio in washington DC via I
SDN connection. Both sides are using telos zephyrs. Periodically we will ha
ve digital interference on the receiving end in DC (sometimes it bleeds thr
ough to our side.) The interference sounds like a "chirp" or harsh high pit
ched scraping noise that lasts about a split second.

And it happens on a regular interval? If you time them, you get exactly
the same distance between them? If so, someone has a clock that isn't
synched up right (and it's apt to be one of the telcos).

Our carrier in Nashville is ATT, and on the DC side it's verizon. We also c
onnect to many other studios on a daily basis in Texas, Georgia, and NY, an
d NEVER have had this issue. All of our gear and our lines have been tested
and cleared on this end (Nashville). We have also had a Verizon ISDN tech
go to our DC location and run a BRI test from those SPIDS to the local C.O.
and his tests were clean.

The clock can be free-running and all his tests will be clean unless he keeps
running them long enough to see an error.

We have seem to do everything possible, but the problem persists.
Any ideas? (sorry for the length and wordiness)

A letter to the PUC never hurt anyone. Your goal is basically to get the
telcos to find the one ISDN expert they have on staff out to look at it.
--scott