Old February 1st 16, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 1 February 2016

RadioInsight

WTZB Sarasota Flips To Classic Rock Z105

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-of-expansion/

105.9 WTZB Englewood/Sarasota added its simulcast on 105.1 W286CQ Sarasota
and flipped to Classic Rock today as Z105 after stunting all weekend with a
loop of AC/DCs For Those About To Rock. Positioned as Suncoast Classic
Rock, the station is focusing on Rock from the 60s through the 90s.
Original Report 1/31: iHeartMedia Rock 105.9 The Buzz WTZB
Englewood/Sarasota FL is currently looping AC/DCs For Those About To Rock
and promoting a Bigger, Better, Badder Buzz on Monday, February 1 at
12:00pm. At that time we expect the station will rebrand as Z105 while
adding 105.1 W286CQ Sarasota to cover the Bradenton/Holmes Beach area.
W286CQ will operate with 250w/169m rebroadcasting 106.5 WCTQ-HD3 to extend
the coverage area of WTZB (Coverage Map). iHeart registered Z105Rocks.com
for the station on Thursday. WTZB registered a 1.6 share in the Fall 2015
Nielsen Audio Ratings.
This posting includes a media file:
https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/...16/01/wtzb.png

John Shomby Named Director of Programming For Nash

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ming-for-nash/

John Shomby, the Max Media Director of Programming and PD of Country 97.3
The Eagle WGH-FM Norfolk VA is joining Cumulus as Director of Programming
for the Nash brand. Based in Nashville, Shomby will be responsible for all
content produced at the Nash Campus including Nash Icon, Americas Morning
Show, Nash Nights Live, Kickin’ it with Kix, American Country Countdown,
Nash Next and Nash Prep. He will report to Mike McVay. Shomby spent the
last 13 years at Max Medias Norfolk cluster. He previously worked for
Cumulus as OM of their Augusta, Flint and Kalamazoo stations. Cumulus Media
announces that it has hired John Shomby as Director of Programming for the
NASH Network. In the newly created position, Shomby will oversee all NASH
programming through the Nashville network and syndication operations. He
will be based at the NASH Campus in Nashville and will report to Mike
McVay, Senior Vice President, Content and Programming for Cumulus. For more
than 13 years, Shomby has been Director of Programming for Max Media’s
five-station cluster in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, including Country WGH-FM.
Prior to that, he was Operations Manager for Cumulus stations in Augusta,
GA, Flint, MI, and Kalamazoo, MI. He has programmed stations in Birmingham,
AL, Portland, OR, New Orleans, Dallas, and Boston, in CHR, Rock, Talk,
Oldies, AC and Sports formats. Shomby serves on the Board of Directors for
the Country Radio Broadcasters and the PD Advisory Board for ESPN Radio.
Mike McVay, Senior Vice President, Content and Programming for Cumulus
said:* “The growth of our Nash branded programs, including NASH Nights
Live, Kickin’ it with Kix, NASH Icon, America’s Morning Show, American
Country Countdown, NASH Next and NASH Prep, has been meteoric. The success
of the NASH platform makes this a much needed move. John is perfect for
this position and brings a wealth of experience.” Shomby said: Its been a
great run in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. I thank VP/GM Dave Paulus and the
outstanding staff there for 13 fantastic years. I am super excited to turn
the page and be a part of the growing NASH platform and work for Cumulus
Media. Mary Berner’s commitment and philosophies excite me. Mike McVay and
I have known each other a long time and I have always been impressed with
his clear vision for programming. I look forward to working with him, Tommy
Page, Charlie Cook and the entire team at the NASH campus.
This posting includes a media file:
https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/...16/02/nash.png

Jeff Dauler To Head To Star 94 Atlanta Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...anta-mornings/

After announcing his decision to leave Cumulus Medias Q100 WWWQ Atlantas
based syndicated Bert Show to join Entercom Hot AC Star 94 WSTR, Jeff
Dauler will debut his new morning show in March. Dauler will be joined by
current WSTR afternoon host Mike Marino and a female co-host to be named
later. The current morning show hosted by Drex, Cassiday and Tingle will
move into the 3-7pm afternoon slot. Entercom Atlanta announced today
exciting programming changes at STAR 94 / WSTR-FM. Longtime Atlanta radio
personality and stand-up comedian Jeff Dauler will launch a new morning
show on the station, effective this March. STAR 94 will begin a nationwide
search in February to find a co-host. Current afternoon host Mike Marino
will be joining the morning show. STAR 94’s current morning show, Drex,
Cassiday and Tingle, with move to afternoons. “STAR 94 is not just a radio
station, it’s a beacon for pop culture and entertainment in Atlanta,”
commented Program Director Tony Lorino, “For many years, this station had
both successful morning and afternoon drive time shows, and we’re excited
to bring that level of entertainment back to our brand.” Dauler remarks,
“While Ive enjoyed sleeping in for a few months Im ready to start waking
up early and entertaining Atlanta again. The countdown is officially on. I
cannot wait to start collaborating with the very talented crew at Star to
make this station the best in Atlanta.” Entercom Atlanta VP / Market
Manager Mike Fowler added, “We are taking STAR 94 to the next level by
investing in great talent and live and local content. I am thrilled to
bring Jeff’s smart and creative style to mornings and I think our new
lineup will provide the best in radio programming in Atlanta.” STAR 94’s
Lineup includes: 5:30-10am Jeff Dauler Show with Mike Marino 10am-3pm
Heather Branch 3-7pm Drex, Cassiday, and Tingle, with producer J.P. Allen
7-Midnight Andrew Hart
This posting includes a media file:
https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/...16/02/wstr.png

WWRL Flips To Radio Zindagi

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...radio-zindagi/

Access.1 Communications 1600 WWRL New York has been sold and entered into
an LMA with NJ Broadcasting LLC leading to a flip from Regional Mexican to
Indian based programming. WWRL dropped its Regional Mexican La Invasora
identity this morning and is now airing the Radio Zindagi network also
heard on CBS 1550 KZDG San Francisco and Win Radios 950 WCTN Potomac MD.
Radio Zindagi was previously heard in New York on 97.1 WQHT-HD2 and two
translators serving the large Middlesex County NJ South Asian population.
Those now air the competing Radio 8K programming along with 1170 WWTR
Bridgewater. Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, CEO, Access1 Communications Corp. is
pleased to announce the sale of WWRL-AM, New York City, to NJ Broadcasting,
LLC*. NJ Broadcasting is owned by Dr. Nimisha Shukla and will operate the
station under an LMA beginning February 1, 2016. WWRL-AM, 1600 kHz, will
provide programming for the large South Asian Community located throughout
the Tri-State Area. Dr. Shukla, a Pediatric Physician, who also owns, 7
Days Pediatrics, located in Edison, New Jersey, is now able to fulfill a
long term desire to provide a voice to the South Asian Community through a
premium broadcast media platform on a 24 hour,7 day basis. George Reed and
Tom McKinley, Media Services Group, represented the seller in this
transaction.
This posting includes a media file:
https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/...16/02/wwrl.png