Old February 22nd 16, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 22 February 2016

RadioInsight

Colonial Media + Entertainment Expands To The Carolinas

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...the-carolinas/

Jeff Andrulonis Colonial Media + Entertainment has purchased three stations
is purchasing Sports ESPN Fayetteville 1230 WFAY Fayetteville/1450 WFBX
Spring Lake NC and Gospel Rejoice 1200 WMIR Atlantic Beach/Myrtle Beach SC
and four translators from subsidiaries of Astrakel International for an
undisclosed price. Colonial currently owns ten stations in New York and
Pennsylvania including clusters in Olean NY and Bradford PA and a
standalone AM (with pending translator) in Apollo PA. The four translators
being acquired are being utilized in the AM Revitalization Waiver Period to
be paired with the three AMs being purchased. Andrulonis previously owned
1230 WFAY in the early 2000s before selling it for $850,000. Colonial Media
and Entertainment is pleased to announce it has signed a definitive Option
to acquire the assets of WFAY and WFBX in the Fayetteville, NC, market
(Nielsen #129) and WMIR in the Myrtle Beach, SC, market (Nielsen #147). In
Fayetteville, Colonial will operate ESPN Fayetteville, which will be heard
on AM1230 100.1FM in Fayetteville and on AM1450 and 92.5FM at nearby Fort
Bragg, the home of America’s Special Forces and the famed 82nd Airborne
Division. In Myrtle Beach, Colonial will operate gospel-formatted WMIR,
heard on 6500watt AM1200 and coming soon to 95.5FM and 103.5FM all along
the Grand Strand. All FM signals are pending FCC approval under the AM
Revitalization Plan. Colonial Media + Entertainment Chairman/CEO Jeff
Andrulonis says he is thrilled to be adding these markets. “Myrtle Beach’s
growth is just incredible—and we’re looking forward to working with Reggie
Dyson, the Station Manager at WMIR, and his team to continue to serve the
community. And I’m truly excited to be coming back to WFAY and Fayetteville
to partner up with David Ross, the Station Manager for ESPN-Fayetteville,
and his team. WFAY was WFAI when I purchased the station back in 1995. When
I sold WFAY in 2006, I continued to stay in touch with many friends in the
Fayetteville area. Now I’m honored to be able to come back to a station
with such a long and distinguished history of service to Fayetteville and
Fort Bragg as WFAY.” WFAY first went on the air in 1947, right after World
War II. Andrulonis says he is looking forward to working with the existing
staffs in both Fayetteville and Myrtle Beach. “We don’t have to change a
thing. Both of these formats are ideally suited to the markets they serve.
And when we put these formats on FM—it gives us beachfront property in both
markets.” Colonial will begin operating the stations under a Local
Marketing Agreement on March 1, 2016. A sales price has not been released.
When all transactions are completed, Colonial will operate 18 stations (4
AM/14 FM) in five markets over four states.

Jason Cage Joins 96.5 Amp Radio Philadelphia For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-for-mornings/

CBS is transferring Jason Cage from nights at CHR B96 WBBM-FM Chicago to
mornings at sister 96.5 Amp Radio WZMP Philadelphia. Cage will join
incumbent morning host Bex starting Monday, March 7th for what will be
branded as Cage Bex In The Morning. She was one of the holdovers when that
station relaunched from its previous identity as Wired 96.5 last April.
WZMP-FM 96.5 AMP Radio has hired Jason Cage to team with current morning
personality Bex to co-host Cage Bex in the Morning as the stations weekday
morning drive show effective Monday, March 7. Cage imports from CBS RADIOs
B96 WBBM-FM/Chicago. His B96 replacement will named later. Im thrilled for
Jason to host live-and-local mornings on AMP Radio Philly, said Bobby
Smith, Program Director, 96.5 AMP Radio. We will continue to be
Philadelphias hit music destination in the mornings while also
complementing our music programming with Jasons humorous perspectives on
lifestyle, pop-culture and entertainment news. With the local star power
that Bex has already built in the morning drive, Im excited to hear Jason
join her as we develop an even bigger live and local morning presence for
our audience and advertisers, added David Yadgaroff, Senior Vice President,
Market Manager for CBS RADIO Philadelphia.

Jeff Miles Joins WKLB Boston For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-for-mornings/

Jeff Miles is exiting mornings at Cox Media Country Y100 KCYY San Antonio
and heading to Greater Medias Country 102.5 WKLB Boston. Miles will debut
in Boston on Monday, March 7 replacing JW Willis and Lori Grande who were
let go earlier this month. He joined KCYY in August 2013 after a career
mainly in CHR and Hot AC including nights and middays at Q100 Atlanta and
middays at KHKS Dallas and WPLJ New York. Greater Media announces Jeff
Miles has been named as the new morning show host at WKLB-FM/Country 102.5
in Boston. He will begin his new position on Monday, March 7, 2016. The
Texas native most recently served as the morning personality of the “Miles
in the Morning” show at Y100 in San Antonio. Previous to that, he did
evenings at Q100 in Atlanta and middays at KISS-FM in Dallas. “Country
102.5 is excited to embark on a new phase of great morning radio in
Boston,” said WKLB-Program Director Mike Brophey. “Jeff Miles brings some
great experiences and successes with him. I know our listeners will be
enthusiastic as we build a great morning show.” “I couldnt be more excited
to be joining Country 102.5,” said Miles. “This has been a dream of mine my
entire career to wake up and create great moments in such an incredible
city. I am even more excited to join Mike Brophey and the incredible team
at Greater Media. *It feels like Im joining a great family more than
anything else!

X107.3 Orlando Flips To Spanish Hot AC

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ando-stunting/

The Alternative format of Cox Medias X107.3 W297BB De Bary/94.5 WCFB-HD2
Daytona Beach FL has come to an end after a year and a half. At noon today
after stunting with a loop of Newcleus Jam On It for twelve hours, W297BB
flipped to Spanish Hot AC 107.3 Solo Exitos. Using the Más Música, Más
Variedad positioning the station describes itself as a mix of Tropical,
Bachata y Pop. with core artists including Marc Anthony, Juan Luis Gurra,
Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, Maná, Chayanne, Shakira, Gilberto Santa Rosa
and Luis Fonsi. Cox Media Group (CMG) Orlando has launched a new Hispanic
format in the Orlando market located at 107.3 FM. 107.3 Solo Éxitos will
launch today at noon and target Hispanic adults 25-54. 107.3 Solo Éxitos is
a Spanish Contemporary format playing a good mix of songs from the 90s,
2000s, and today for the growing Hispanic audience in Orlando. The 107.3
frequency was previous occupied by X107.3 Orlando’s Alternative station.
The entry into the Hispanic format is the first for Cox Media Group and
will be the 7th radio station for the Orlando cluster including WDBO-FM,
WDBO-AM, WWKA, WMMO, WCFB and WPYO. CMG’s Programming Strategic Team, led
by VP of Programming Steve Smith and CMG Orlando Operations Manager Stevie
DeMann, started following the Hispanic listening habits and became the
creative minds behind this new product. They recognized a growing area
within Central Florida and Cox Media Group as a whole. “It’s time for CMG
to enter the Hispanic arena!” said DeMann, Operations Director for
WPYO/WWKA/107.3 Solo Éxitos. “107.3 Solo Éxitos will be reaching an
audience of Hispanic music fans that no Orlando radio station was serving
until now. It will super-serve the Hispanic music fan by focusing on acts
like Marc Anthony, Juan Luis Guerra, Romeo Santos, Enrique Iglesias, and
Prince Royce. 107.3 Solo Éxitos is ready to turn up the heat on Orlando
radio and mobile devices with the new 107.3 Solo Éxitos App. CMG Regional
VP Susan Larkin said, “The Orlando community is ready and it’s the perfect
time to hear 107.3 Solo Éxitos. We are thrilled be able to introduce a new
format to the Orlando Hispanic community. It also opens the door for all of
Cox Media Group to enter the Hispanic radio format.” Original Report 2/22
9:00am: W297BB is now stunting with a loop of Newcleus Jam On It as it
prepares to debut a new format. As we reported in our Daily Domains last
month, the station will shortly flip to Spanish Hot AC 107.3 Solo Exitos.
1073SoloExitos.com was registered by Cox Orlando Technology Operations
Manager before being converted to an anonymous registration following our
original report. Further cementing that W297BB will flip to the Spanish
format is that the stations app has been updated with the new format and
branding. The app describes the new format as Tropical, Bachata y Pop! Marc
Anthony, Juan Luis Gurra, Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, Maná, Chayanne,
Shakira, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Luis Fonsi y más!

FCC Report 2/21: KRXR Looks For Move Into Boise

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ve-into-boise/

An AM seeks to move into the Boise market, power increase in Spokane, and a
translator owner in New Hampshire submits a doctor's note.