Old March 1st 16, 11:53 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 1 March 2016

RadioInsight

Jim Richards Exits KFOG/KSAN; Will KFOG Flip?

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ill-kfog-flip/

In addition to the end of the lease of 92.3 KSJO San Jose, Cumulus San
Franciscos cluster sees the exit of Jim Richards as OM/PD of AAA 104.5
KFOG/97.7 KFFG and Rock 107.7 The Bone KSAN. Richards moved to those
stations from Cumulus Chicago stations in April 2014. With his exit rumors
are being heard about a possible flip at KFOG? Would Cumulus move Nash to
104.5 or perhaps launch an FM simulcast for Sports 680 KNBR?

Chris Wegmann Exiting Radio-One; Deon Levingston Returns

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gston-returns/

Chris Wegmann, President of Radio for Radio-One announces he will retire on
April 1, 2016. Wegmann has been with Radio-One since 2009 and served as
RVP/GM of the companys Dallas and St. Louis and later Washington DC before
taking over the companys entire radio operations in 2013. Rejoining
Radio-One is Deon Levingston. Levingston will serve as GM of the companys
Indianapolis stations and Regional VP of Detroit and St. Louis. He most
recently served as Market Manager for Emmis New York and was also CEO of
YMF Media. He previously worked for Radio-One as Director of Sales and
later VP/Market Manager for Indianapolis from 2001 to 2004. Today, Radio
One announced the impending retirement of Chris Wegmann, President, Radio
Group for Radio One effective April 1, 2016. In October 2015, Radio One,
the nations largest multi-media company owned by and serving
African-Americans announced Wegmanns retirement. The date was unknown at
the time and has since been solidified. Wegmann, a seasoned radio
broadcaster with over 35 years of experience joined Radio One in 2009 as
the Regional Vice President and General Manager in Dallas, TX and St.
Louis, MO, after leading industry organizations such as COX Radio, Clear
Channel and Signature Broadcasting to name a few. His ability to deliver
top end and bottom line results propelled his career at Radio One to
Regional Vice President and General Manager in Washington, DC and
ultimately to his current role as President of the local radio business in
2013. Im grateful for Chris years of loyal leadership to Radio One and wish
him well in his retirement, said Alfred C. Liggins, CEO, Radio One, Inc.
Unsure of what the ultimate future holds for him, Wegmann was certain about
two things, Im looking forward to retiring to the farm with my lovely wife
Eva and spending my days in woodworking– building boats for now.
Nevertheless, I will miss the wonderful people at Radio One Ive grown quite
fond of over the years and Im thankful for the opportunity to have led the
radio group. I believe that what Ive helped to build will continue to
prosper while I spend much anticipated time hunting and fishing. Continuing
to position itself for the future and strengthen its management team, Radio
One also announced the return of Deon Levingston as the General Manager of
Indianapolis and Regional Vice President of Detroit and St. Louis. I a m
very excited to rejoin the Radio One family, said Levingston. At the
beginning of my career Alfred Liggins and Cathy Hughes gave me my first
start as a General Manager and I am very happy to come home. I look forward
to working with the team to grow and dominate the urban space. For over 20
years, Deon Levingston has been a respected and influential multi-media
executive known for his innovation and leadership. He started his radio
career with Radio One in 2001 and became the Vice President and General
Manager of Indianapolis where he grew ratings and revenue for the cluster
while annually outpacing the market in revenue growth. Levingston continued
this stellar performance for YMF Media as President and Market Manager
leading WBLS to become the #1 ranked radio station in New York City for the
first time in over two decades. To his merit, Levingston is a key
contributor to the launch and/or success of The Steve Harvey Morning Show,
The Wendy Williams Experience and the multi-million dollar, two-day
action-packed lifestyle event for women, Circle of Sister, that remains the
largest event of its kind in the world. Levingston returns home to Radio
One after serving Emmis New York for two years as the Senior Vice President
and General Manager responsible for legendary stations WQHT HOT 97.1 FM,
WBLS 107.5 FM, and 1190 AM WLIB. Deons reputation precedes him and Im
thrilled to welcome him back home to Radio One, said David Kantor, CEO,
Reach Media and the Radio Group of Radio One. I look forward to working
with him and trust that hell bring the same level of innovation,
operational and leadership excellence hes known for to our Midwest markets.

92.3 KSJO Drops Nash For Bolly

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-abandon-ksjo/

Cumulus Media has ended its LMA of Universal Media Access 92.3 KSJO San
Jose CA. Universal Media Access has flipped the station to Indian music as
Bolly 92.3. They had registered Bolly923FM.com anonymously in late January
and the site is now live promoting it as The Bay Areas Bollywood Station.
Cumulus began operating the station in May 2014 as Country Nash-FM 92.3,
attempting to fill the lack of a Country station in the San Francisco
market. The station registered a mere 0.9 share in the January 2016 Nielsen
Audio ratings for San Francisco and a 1.5 share in San Jose where it
competed with Empire Broadcastings 95.3 KRTY. Prior to leasing KSJO to
Cumulus, Universal Media Access operated KSJO as Brokered U92.3.

WOKA Relaunches As The Buck

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...s-as-the-buck/

Coffee County Broadcasting Country Dixie Country 106.7 WOKA-FM Douglas GA
relaunched on Monday as 106.7 The Buck following a weekend of stunting. The
new brand is being promoted as 100,000 Watts of Faith, Freedom and Fun.
Programming includes syndicated morning hosts Big D Bubba, Country with
Carsen in middays, PD Matt Baldridge running a local afternoon show and
Nash Nights Live.

Saga Launches Outlaw In Jonesboro

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-in-jonesboro/

Saga Communications has flipped Christian AC Sunny 98.5 K253BQ
Jonesboro/KJBQ-HD2 Cash AR to Classic Country 98.5 The Outlaw. The new
format flanks sister Country 104.9 The Fox KDXY and becomes Sagas fourth
Outlaw branded station to launch in recent months.

Wild Country Comes To Calgary

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...es-to-calgary/

Jim Pattison Radio Group flipped AAA 95.3 The Peak CHPK Calgary to Country
Wild 95.3 at 10:15 this morning. The flip puts CHPK in direct competition
with Corus Country CKRY with a younger skewing format. CHPK signed-on in
April 2014 but never rose above a 1.7 share and a 1.5 in the most recent
August 31-November 29 2015 Numeris PPM ratings period. CKRY meanwhile led
the Calgary market with a 10.3 share. WILD 95.3 has entered the Calgary
radio airwaves! A new country radio station based in Calgary, Alberta, WILD
95.3 is youthful and fun and driven by energy! WILD 95.3 is Calgary’s New
Country! The station will engage the audience on the air, on social
platforms, on site and be plugged in to today’s young woman and man. Fun
will be evident in the station’s on air presentation, promotions and on-air
talent. “We’re thrilled that with the launch of Wild 95.3 Calgarians now
have a choice for New Country. We plan to kick it up a notch and deliver
true excitement and energy,” said Eric Stafford, General Manager. “We’ll
show what WILD means through our music, our presentation and our complete
involvement in the community.” Launching with 10,000 uninterrupted songs in
a row, listeners will find hot country artists such as Luke Bryan, Florida
Georgia Line, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band and Keith Urban playing on
WILD 95.3. Ross Winters, Director of Programming for the Jim Pattison
Broadcast Group added, “Calgary listeners told us that they love New
Country music and that they love choice, so were delighted to give them
both!”

Alternative Returns To Memphis

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-to-memphis-2/

Flinn Broadcasting has flipped Bumpin 96 96.1 WIVG Tunica MS/96.3 W242CF
Memphis to Alternative i96 this morning. The flip returns the station to
the format it had prior to flipping to Classic Hip-Hop in December 2014.
WIVG was soon after joined in the Classic Hip-Hop format by Cumulus 98.9
The Vibe WKIM.