Old March 7th 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 7 March 2016

RadioInsight

Mix 96.5 Houston Sets New On-Air Lineup

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...on-air-lineup/

CBS Hot AC Mix 96.5 KHMX Houston has announced its new on-air lineup. Chris
Jackson is joining KHMX as APD/MD/Midday host from sister Alternative
X107.5 KXTE Las Vegas where he held identical duties. Jackson continues the
shift of talent from KXTE to KHMX under Program Director Charese Fruge, who
previously oversaw the Las Vegas station before moving to KHMX in April
2015. Mix morning hosts Dave, Mahoney DK made the move from KXTE to KHMX
last August as well. Lauren Kelly will move from middays to afternoons
replacing Chad Pitt who is moving to mornings at CHR 101.9 Amp Radio WQMP
Orlando FL. Heather Converse, who previously worked in Houston at Cox
Classic Alternative 106.9 The Zone KHPT and for Fruge as midday host at Mix
94.1 KMXB Las Vegas joined KHMX for the 7pm-12am shift in December. CBS
RADIO’s MIX 96.5 (KHMX-FM) in Houston announced today Lauren Kelly will
take over afternoon drive beginning on Monday, March 21 (weekdays, 3:00 –
7:00 PM). Kelly currently serves as midday host, a position she has held
since 2011, and replaces Chad Pitt, who recently announced he would be
joining CBS RADIO’s 101.9 AMP Radio in Orlando. At the same time, Chris
Jackson joins the station as midday host (weekdays, 10:00 – 3:00), and
Music Director/Assistant Program Director. He can currently be heard on CBS
RADIO’s KXTE-FM in Las Vegas. Additionally, Heather Converse joined the
station this past December as new nighttime host (weekdays, 7:00
Midnight). Charese Fruge, Vice President, Programming, CBS RADIO Houston
said, “Lauren is the real deal and an absolute star. We couldn’t be more
proud of her. She’s done just about every shift in our building and no one
is more deserving of the opportunity to entertain Houston in Afternoon
Drive.” Fruge added, “Chris is a soldier and a man of many talents. We
worked closely together in Las Vegas, and I know him to be a fantastic
writer, producer, and air talent. He has a passion for music like no one I
know, and will be an enormous asset to the Houston team. We can’t wait to
get him in the building.” “As a native Houstonian on the MIX team, I never
would have dreamed of doing what I love in my hometown for so long,” said
Kelly. “Ive been incredibly blessed for the past eight years, working with
the amazing CBS RADIO family. I have some big shoes to fill, and cant wait
to ride shot gun with Houston on their drive home.” “Im beyond excited to
bring my on-air talents and programming skills to one of the fastest
growing markets in the country,” said Jackson. “KHMX is a great station
with a solid staff whom which I have great history with. Working with
Charese again is going to be a fun and successful venture.”

Rumba Launches In Tampa

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ches-in-tampa/

As expected, iHeartMedia has completed the move of Country 106.5 WCTQ
Sarasota FL to 92.1 and debuted Spanish CHR Rumba 106.5 WLTQ-FM at 9am
today. While located in their Sarasota cluster, iHeart is marketing the
station as a Tampa outlet to compete against Beasley Medias Maxima 92.5
WYUU which is the only commercial Spanish FM in a market that is 16%
hispanic. As we reported in mid-February, a Tampa based marketing company,
S3 Media, registered the domains being used by the new station:
1065Rumba.com, 106Rumba.com, Rumba106.com, Rumba1065.com, and
RumbaTampaBay.com. The new Rumba 106.5 is positioning itself as #1 Para
Exitos y Musica Variada which translates to #1 For Hits and Music Variety.

WDEL & WXDE Combine Management & Some Programming

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...e-programming/

Delmarva Broadcasting is combining the resources of News/Talk 1150 WDEL
Wilmington DE/101.7 WDEL-FM Canton NJ and Delaware 105.9 WXDE Lewes DE.
WXDE morning host/PD Dan Gaffney will add oversight of the talk hosts on
both stations, while WDEL Director of News Programming Chris Carl takes
oversight of the news operations. The stations will now simulcast from 9am
to 4pm daily. Susan Monday moves from a split 10am-12pm/1pm-3pm timeslot on
WXDE to 9am-12pm on both stations. Allan Loudells noon newshour remains in
place on both, while WDEL 1-4pm host Rick Jensen will now be heard on WXDE.
Both stations will retain their existing morning and afternoon shows as
WDEL retains its morning and afternoon news blocks anchored by Peter
MacArthur and Allan Loudell respectively, while WXDE keeps Gaffney in
mornings and Jared Morris in afternoons. Both stations carry the same
syndicated programming in evenings: Dave Ramsey from 7-10pm, Jim Bohannon
from 10pm-1am, and Overnight America with Jon Grayson from 1-5am.

More Power And Classic Hip-Hop In Reno

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...p-hop-in-reno/

Reno Media Group launched Classic Hip-Hop Power 92.5 K223AL/KLCA-HD3 Reno
NV on Friday, March 4. Launching with 92 1/2 days of commercial-free music,
K223AL becomes the second Classic Hip-Hop station in the Reno market going
up against Cumulus 95.5 The Vibe KNEV which launched in October 2015. The
new Classic Hip-Hop format on 92.5 becomes its fifth format since Reno
Media Group acquired the translator from Family Stations in 2014. It most
recently flipped from Active Rock Crusher 92.5 to Oldies last September and
then to a simulcast of AC 106.9 More-FM KRNO in December.

WCTG Adds Salisbury Simulcast

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ury-simulcast/

GSB Broadcasting closed on its acquisition of 92.5 WICO-FM Pocomoke City MD
from Delmarva Broadcasting and has flipped the station to a simulcast of
Variety Hits 96.5 WCTG Chincoteague VA. WICO-FM had been rebroadcasting
Delmarvas News/Talk 1320 WICO Salisbury, which is also in the process of
being sold. With the addition of the the 92.5 signal, WCTG is promoting
being able to be heard on much of the Delmarva Peninsula from southern
Delaware to near the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel.

FCC Report 3/6: Power Increase For WGUE Memphis

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-wgue-memphis/