Old April 14th 16, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 14 April 2016

RadioInsight

We're Having A Party This Sunday Night In Las Vegas

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-in-las-vegas/

Heading to Las Vegas this weekend for NAB? Then please join RadioInsight,
Fybush Media and Radio Rescue Group for our Vegas Radio Kickoff Party this
Sunday, April 17 from 8pm to 12am at our Hospitality Suite at the MGM
Grand. Well have plenty of hors doeuvres and beverages courtesy of our
sponsors. We wont know what suite we will be in until check-in on Sunday,
so we have two ways for you to find out where to go. Either sign-up for our
e-mail list on our party website or via our Facebook event page. The party
is open to all associated with the radio industry and will feature many
engineers, programmers and managers and just those that want to meet other
radio industry professionals and have a good time before the convention
floor opens on Monday. We thank our presenting sponsor Wheatstone, Insider
sponsors Better Bands, Broadcasters General Store, Broadcast Logger,
Lightner Electronics and Yellowtec, and support sponsors Bohn Broadcast
Services and Tin Can String for their help in putting this event together.

Cumulus Moves Country Weekly Magazine To Web

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gazine-to-web/

After purchasing a stake in Country Weekly magazine in 2014 to be part of
their NASH Country lifestyle brand, Cumulus Media is shutting down the
print version of what is now NASH Country Weekly after the April 22 issue.
The magazines content will be rebranded as NASH Country Daily under
existing Editor-In-Chief Lisa Konicki with the content being placed on the
websites of Cumulus station websites. Cumulus had purchased 50% of Country
Weekly in January 2014 from American Media. NASH content began appearing as
an insert the following month before the magazine was rebranded as NASH
Country Weekly in June 2015. Following the issue on stands April 22nd, NASH
Country Weekly will relaunch as NASH Country Daily, with country lifestyle
content available exclusively digitally, via Cumulus’ extensive digital
footprint, reaching over 1,000,000 country enthusiasts monthly. This
obviously far exceeds the magazine’s current 35,000 print circulation and
will enable more up-to-the minute distribution of content,” announced NCW
Editor-in-Chief, Lisa Konicki, who will remain in her role with Nash
Country Daily. Mike McVay, SVP of content and programming, Cumulus Media
Westwood One added, “This is a win-win. While enabling exponentially more
country music fans to access NASH content, when and where they choose, it
frees significant resources for us to laser-focus and double down on our
investment in the properties and platforms of the powerful NASH brand that
present the greatest growth potential. We remain deeply committed to NASH,
proud of its cultural significance and influence in the country community
and optimistic about its future.

Daily Domains 4/14: Another Classic Rocker To KZAP Into Sacramento?

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...to-sacramento/

Is iHeartMedia planning a full-out attack on Entercom's market
leading "Eagle 96.9" KSEG Sacramento?

Les Moonves Discusses CBS Spin-Off Plans

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...pin-off-plans/

CBS Executive Chairman/CEO Les Moonves discussed the companys plans to
spin-off the companys radio properties during an interview on Broadcast
Company of Americas Sports Mighty 1090 XEPRS Tijuana/San Diego on
Wednesday. During the interview with morning host Dan Sileo, Moonves
stated, As the world progressed weve moved into much more digital, much
more streaming and it is a world for us that is keyed on video. Radio is
still a wonderful, wonderful business you know. So it is our intent to spin
it off into its own self standing company which will fit better than being
part of a big conglomerate like ours which is keyed more on television. By
no means do we think that radio is not a great business. Its a slower
growth business than the video business is. But we have 117 radio stations
and we think that will be a great stand-alone company. So by no means are
we deserting the radio business. Listen to the whole interview at
Mighty1090.com. The relevant CBS Radio discussion starts at the 6:15 mark.

KISQ San Francisco Flips To Soft AC The Breeze

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ac-the-breeze/

iHeartMedia flipped Rhythmic AC 98.1 Kiss-FM KISQ San Francisco to Soft AC
98.1 The Breeze at 2pm this afternoon. Launching with Commodores Easy, the
new format positions KISQ up against Entercom AC 96.5 KOITs older demos.
KISQ registered a 2.3 share in the just released March Nielsen Audio PPM
ratings while KOIT was fourth with with a 4.6 share. iHeartMedia flips
Oldies KISQ-FM/San Francisco to Soft AC as 98.1 The Breeze. The station
launched at 2pm Wednesday today with 10,000 songs commercial-free. The new
outlet will feature a blend of favorite music from artists like Celine
Dion, Rod Stewart, Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton, Vanessa Williams and
more. The full on-air talent line-up for 98.1 The Breeze will be announced
in the coming weeks. The Bay Area has tremendous heritage with Adult
Contemporary hits, however as various stations evolved over time, almost
all of them have vanished from the radio, said iHeartMedia San Francisco
Senior VP/Programming Don Parker. Im happy to say that is no longer the
case. 98.1 The Breeze delivers relaxing favorites that are perfect while
you work, help you unwind after a long day, or take it easy on the weekend.
The Breeze is the most refreshing station in the Bay. There has been an
open lane, musically, to satiate a market appetite for familiar favorites
that would appeal to modern listeners. 98.1 The Breeze is a great addition
to our San Francisco iHeartMedia cluster allowing us to continue to
deliver the largest audience of any radio or TV outlet in the Bay Area,
added HeartMedia San Francisco Region President Kathryn Wilcox.