Old April 16th 16, 11:33 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Saturday 16 April 2016

RadioInsight

Elroy Smith Names KBLX/KRBQ San Francisco OM/PD

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...rancisco-ompd/

Entercom has announced the hiring of Elroy Smith as Operations
Manager/Program Director of Classic Hip-Hop Q102.1 KRBQ and Urban AC 102.9
KBLX San Francisco. Smith joins Entercom San Francisco from SummitMedias
Greenville/Spartanburg cluster where he has served as OM since last March
after walking away from a $4.6 million purchase of a Chicago translator in
2014. He replaces Stacy Cunningham as OM and PD of KBLX and Trevor Simpson
as PD of KRBQ who both have been let go. Elroy Smith spent fifteen years
from 1992 until 2007 as Program Director of Clear Channel Urban 107.5 WGCI
Chicago. He also held Operations Manager duties and programmed Urban AC
“V103” 102.7 WVAZ and Gospel “Inspiration 1390” WGRB at time during his
Chicago tenure. Smith then headed to Philadelphia as Operations Manager of
Radio-One’s group of stations there and Inspirational format director
overseeing the company’s Gospel formatted stations until exiting the
company in 2014. Entercom San Francisco announced today the appointment of
Elroy R.C. Smith to a newly created position of Operations Manager and
Program Director for KBLX-FM AND KRBQ-FM as part of a re-organization to
enhance collaboration, and natural synergies between brands as well as
operational innovation. “We are thrilled to welcome Elroy to the Bay Area
and to the Entercom family,” commented Steve DiNardo, Vice President and
Market Manager of Entercom San Francisco. “He is a career Urban and
Rhythmic Programmer who has competed at the highest levels in major markets
like Chicago and Philadelphia. His acumen in both programming and
operations will be invaluable to our continued success and momentum in the
marketplace.” He added, “We also thank Stacy Cunningham and Trevor Simpson
for their contributions and wish them continued success in their future
endeavors”. Smith said, “I could not be more excited and grateful to begin
my journey in San Francisco! Entercom is the fastest growing and best
performing broadcaster in America, and its San Francisco cluster is poised
for continued growth. I look forward to working with a stellar team in
super-serving our audience with great music, promotions and events and
building listener engagement across all of our brands and platforms.” Smith
added, “I want to thank, Steve DiNardo, VP Market Manager of Entercom San
Francisco Pat Paxton, President of Programming for Entercom, for giving me
this amazing opportunity to join such a well accomplished and respected
company.” Smith, an icon in the radio industry, was most recently Summit
Media’s Operations Director for WJMZ/107-3 JAMZ, WHZT/HOT 98.1, X985 and
97.7 CHUCK FM in Greenville, South Carolina. Previously he served as radio
strategist for numerous syndicated shows and programming formats. He is
highly awarded with accolades such as WGCI RR Urban Station of the Year
(1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006), Radio Music Awards Urban
Programmer of the Year (2005), Marconi Radio Award for Urban Station of the
Year (2006) among others.