Old July 8th 16, 12:03 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 7 July 2016

RadioInsight

SiriusXM To Launch Garth Brooks Channel

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...rooks-channel/

Garth Brooks will join the roster of artists having permanent channels on
SiriusXM.

The Garth Channel will debut on September 8 featuring live and recorded
music from Brooks library along with commentaries about them from Brooks as
well as guest DJ slots from Brooks family and friends.

SiriusXM announced today that Americas best-selling solo artist of all
time, Garth Brooks, will launch his own SiriusXM channel on September 8.

The Garth Channel, the new, 24/7, exclusive channel, will be curated and
presented by Brooks. The channel will feature music from Brooks spanning
four decades, along with songs from the artists that influenced his iconic
career. This is the first time Garths music is being presented 24/7 in one
place, on radio or online.

SiriusXMs The Garth Channel will also include regularly hosted shows and
behind-the-scenes commentary from Brooks, guest DJ specials hosted by
Brooks fans and friends, live concert recordings and other rarities from
Brooks treasured archives.

Its rare to be handed an opportunity that can grow as big as you can dream.
That is exactly what SiriusXM has just done, said Garth Brooks. I speak for
myself and the entire team when I say we are very grateful for this
opportunity and very excited about its potential.

In music, there are few groundbreaking artists, but theres only one Garth
Brooks. We are thrilled to have him running his own full time channel at
SiriusXM, said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer,
SiriusXM. And we are so excited that our subscribers will now get Garth in
their cars 24/7 and have a place to get Garth on their phones and
online—something that has not been available in the past. Garths addition
to SiriusXM makes our country music offering second to none.

Garth Brooks is certified by the RIAA as the #1-selling solo artist in U.S.
history with over 136 million albums. He has received every accolade the
recording industry can bestow on an artist. Garth has been inducted into
the International Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York, the Nashville
Songwriters Hall of Fame, Country Music Hall of Fame and most recently, the
Musicians Hall of Fame.

Garth is currently on the three year Garth Brooks World Tour with Trisha
Yearwood. The tour began with 11 sold out shows at the Allstate Arena in
Chicago. The tour is smashing records previously held by such acts as The
Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and even Garth Brooks. In just over a year
and a half, the tour is approaching 5 MILLION tickets sold making it the
biggest tour in the world.

The Garth Channel will debut on September 8 on satellite and will also be
available online and through the SiriusXM app.

WGTR Names Adam Dellinger Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...gram-director/

iHeartMedia Country Gator 107.9 WGTR Bucksport/Myrtle Beach SC has
promoted morning co-host Adam Dellinger to Program Director.

Dellinger had been serving as interim PD for the past year.

Gator 107.9, the Grand Strands No. 1 station for New Country, announced
today that Adam Dellinger has been named Program Director. Dellinger, who
was previously the interim Program Director, will now transition to the
position full time effective immediately, and will continue as co-host for
The Gator Morning Show with James and Adam.

iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
As the Program Director for Gator 107.9 Dellinger will work closely with
on-air personalities and sales to oversee the stations on-air content,
digital footprint and music programming.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to program Myrtle Beachs leading
Country station, and Im thankful that my Market President, Jimmy Feuger and
Ron Roberts, Senior Vice President of Programming, would take a chance with
me, said Dellinger. I look forward to everything the future holds for Gator
107.9 and our awesome staff in Myrtle Beach.

Every now and then you get to work with someone who has good instincts –
something thats hard to teach or learn said Roberts. Itll be fun to watch
him take Gator 107.9 to greater heights.

Previously Dellinger co-hosted morning shows at Q104.1 in Greensboro, NC,
Y100 in San Antonio, TX. He served as the interim Program Director for
Gator 107.9 for more than a year.

Adam has more than a year of experience in programming Gator 107.9 and now
were thrilled to have him program the station full time, said Feuger. He
has a proven track record with us and he deserves this recognition.

Libsyn To Distribute Podcasts Through iHeartRadio

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...h-iheartradio/

Podcast hosting/distribution service Libsyn is partnering with iHeartRadio
to make all of their content available on the streaming service.

iHeart joins iTunes, Google Play, and Spotify as among the 20 services
where Libsyn users can distribute their content.

Liberated Syndication (Libsyn) a worldwide leader of podcast hosting,
distribution and monetization, announced the launch of a new Libsyn podcast
publishing destination iHeart Radio, today at Podcast Movement. The
addition of iHeartRadio, iHeartMedias digital music and streaming radio
service, with more than 85 million registered users, will expand Libsyns
podcast distribution and audience reach. Additionally, iHeart Radio has
more than 85 million social media followers across their network and the
iHeartRadio app has been downloaded more than a billion times. iHeartRadios
expanded reach will enable podcast producers to attract a new large pool of
listeners to their podcast content and grow their shows audience.

The agreement with iHeart Radio adds an industry leading digital media
directory to the Libsyn publishing offering. Libsyn has recently announced
the addition of Google Play Music and Spotify, along with other publishing
destinations including iTunes, Twitter and Facebook, for a total of now 20
different publishing destinations available to producers.

We are very excited to add iHeart Radio as one of our Premier Podcast
Publishing Destinations, said Rob Walch VP of Podcaster Relations with
Libsyn. iHeart Media has the largest reach of any radio or television
outlet in America. This is a publishing destination our producers have been
asking for and one that will quickly be added to many of the 28,000
podcasts on the Libsyn network.

iHeartRadios podcast listening has grown 58% in the past year, said Chris
Williams, Chief Product Officer for iHeartRadio. Teaming up with Libsyn
provides their more than 28,000 publishers with a new, large scale
distribution platform and provides more great content for our audience,
millions of dedicated listeners, to enjoy 24/7 and across more than 80
unique device platforms.

As a complement to the expanded Destination Publishing features, Libsyn
Destination Stats are also being showcased at Podcast Movement. The newly
launched update to Libsyns Stats provides detailed measurement tools that
enable producers to track podcast growth across the various publishing
destinations. Podcast producers will now be able to measure podcast
consumption for each publishing destination with granularity that allows
them to identify and evaluate growth of their audience.

The Libsyn service provides a single source for easy podcast distribution
to the industrys largest digital media directories and apps via its 20
publishing destinations. Podcast producers have the freedom to customize
the distribution of their show and tailor their promotional and marketing
efforts to maximize audience growth with Destination Publishing and Stats.

To learn more about the iHeart Radio Destination Publishing and Stats,
visit Libsyn at Podcast Movement in Chicago, on July 7th and July 8th or
email .

Kix Country Gives Way To El Gallito In Bakersfield

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-bakersfield/

Lotus Communications dropped the Country format on Kix 92.1 KVMX
Bakersfield CA on July 1 in favor of a simulcast of Ranchera 1010 El
Gallito KCHJ Delano as KCHJ-FM.

KVMX was unable to create any momentum against Buck Owens Broadcastings
market leading powerhouse 550 KUZZ/107.9 KUZZ-FM. In the Winter 2016
Nielsen Audio ratings, KVMX held a 0.8 share of the market to KUZZs 8.3.
Bringing the Ranchera format to FM creates flankers for sister Regional
Mexican Radio Lobo 102.9 KIWI and Spanish Adult Hits Concierto 96.5 KPSL-FM.

KVMX had been the Bakersfield affiliate for the syndicated Bobby Bones Show.

Energy 102.3 Peoria Adds Brooke & Jubal For Afternoons

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...or-afternoons/

Alpha Media CHR Energy 102.3 WNGY Peoria is adding the syndicated Brooke
Jubal for afternoons.

Brooke Jubal are based at Hubbard CHR Movin 92.5 KQMV Seattle and air in
mornings on Alpha Media CHRs Energy 94.1 KTFM San Antonio and Live 95.5
KBFF Portland. WNGY is the first station to add the show for a non-morning
daypart.

Alpha Media, Peoria signs Brooke Jubal show to Afternoons. The show
started airing on WNGY-FM July 5th.

Alpha Media VP of Programming, Phil Becker commented on the announcement,
“As Brooke Jubals biggest fan from the beginning, Im thankful to now have
the show in three distinctly different Alpha markets. Weve already seen
their massive success in both Portland and San Antonio and Im confident
that we will see the same on Energy 102.3.

“We are so excited to add Energy 102.3 to our list of affiliates and cant
wait to start making Peoria laugh (at us, not with us) on their drive home!
Thanks to everyone involved and Alpha Media for their continued support for
the Brooke Jubal show,” remarked Jubal.

Jubal Flagg is a standup comedian, radio host, television personality and
comedy writer. Known for his quick wit and keen and often strange
observations, Jubal has been entertaining audiences on-stage and on the
radio for over 10 years.

Jubal currently hosts “Brooke Jubal in the Morning” and can be seen
throughout the country as a regular on FOX TV’s Dish Nation. Jubal also
writes and produces comedy bits and daily topical jokes that are used by
radio stations nationwide. In other words; he loves the craft of comedy so
much that he even writes jokes for his “competition”. The son of two
ministers, Jubal attributes his quirky sense of humor to, well, growing up
with the name Jubal.

Brooke has worked in morning radio for over 12 years and has hosted Top 40
radio’s first all-female morning drive show and has most recently found her
radio match with Jubal Flagg. Brooke and the crew can also be seen on FOX
TV’s “Dish Nation”, a nationally syndicated entertainment news program. In
addition, she is humbled to serve as a spokesperson for the Komen
Foundation and the American Heart Association.

Jose is known for his crazy stunts, and high energy. He has an arsenal of
impressions and characters and has a very unique laugh and positive
attitude. Eventually, he crossed paths with Jubal Flagg. Jose opened a few
comedy shows for Jubal and quickly developed a friendship. Once a position
came open on the radio show, Jubal asked Jose if he wanted to audition, and
Jose has been on the show ever since! He now travels the country doing
comedy. Jose says, “When your dreams start coming true, no one can bring
you down!! Except Jubal”