Old September 27th 16, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 27 September 2016

RadioInsight

K92.3/Power 95.3 Orlando Make Morning Show Changes

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...-show-changes/

Cox Media Group is shuffling the on-air lineup at Country K92.3 WWKA and
Rhythmic CHR Power 95.3 WPYO Orlando as Obie Diaz slides from mornings at
WPYO to WWKA.

Diaz makes the rare move from Orlandos Only Hip-Hop Morning Show to Country
after sixteen years in mornings at WPYO. He will join Ashley Stegbauer at
WWKA starting Monday, October 10. To coincide with that move, current
morning host AJ Maguire will slide to afternoons. The afternoon slot has
been vacant since JR Jaus departed for mornings at sister Y100 KCYY San
Antonio in March.

At WPYO, Marc DJ Nailz Dixon rejoins the station to join incumbants Lil
Shawn and Estee in mornings. Dixon started his career at WPYO as an intern
and eventually moved up to hosting nights. He has spent the past two years
cohosting nights at sister Urban 99 Jamz 99.1 WEDR Miami.

Cox Media Group (CMG) Orlando names Obie Diaz, as its new Co-Host on
WWKA-FM K92.3, Orlando’s #1 choice for New Country. Effective October
10th, the veteran broadcaster will co-host mornings alongside Ashley
Stegbauer. Diaz has more than 16 years of morning radio experience,
starting at Cox Media Group in Orlando in 1999 at sister station WPYO-FM
Power 95.3.

“Obie lives the format, is passionate about country music and has a
tremendous track record of success in Orlando radio,” says Drew Bland, K923
Director of Branding and Programming. “I couldn’t be more excited to add an
all-star like him to the K923 line-up alongside Ashley.”

Steve Smith, CMG’S VP of Radio Programming adds, “Obie is simply the best
morning show director in Orlando radio and has been winning consistently
for over a decade. Alongside Ashley who has won over the hearts of all our
country listeners with her unique appeal they are the perfect team to take
K92.3 to the top of the Orlando ratings.”

With the addition of Diaz to mornings, current morning co-host AJ Maguire
will transition to Afternoon Drive on K92.3. “For the past 5 years AJ has
done a fantastic job starting the day for millions of Central Florida
country fans,” Bland says. “Now he will help them end their days with his
entertaining and interactive style of show that has earned him several CMA
and ACM Award nominations. We are thrilled to now have such an established
personality in this important daypart.”

With Diaz’s departure from WPYO-FM’s Morning Show, Power 95.3 welcomes back
Marc “DJ Nailz” Dixon to the CMG Orlando Radio family as co-host on morning
drive. Dixon, a graduate of Bethune-Cookman University, started his radio
career at WPYO as an intern and worked his way up to hosting the #1 rated
night show in Orlando at WPYO-FM. Dixon’s ratings success earned him a
promotion to Miami, where he has been hosting nights for the past two years
at 99 Jamz (WEDR-FM).

Orlando is a city that I love so much and it has showed me much love back,”
Dixon says of his return to Central Florida and WPYO. “Im excited to return
to the station that gave me my first shot on the air, with the PD who gave
me that first shot! Doing nights at WEDR has been a dream job for me and
now I have the opportunity to do a morning show!?!? Let the games begin!

Stevie DeMann, Operations Director for WCFB-FM, WCFB-HD2, WPYO-FM, WWKA-FM
says, “I am super excited to welcome DJ Nailz back to the Power 95.3
family. DJ Nailz is an amazing talent who is passionate about our
business, a student of the game, and a great executor. His presence in
mornings alongside Lil’ Shawn and Estee and their relationship with the
Power audience will bring an exciting, energetic, lifestyle-driven Hip Hop
show to mornings on Power 95.3. Steve Smith adds, “With a lot of hard work
and street presence, DJ Nailz has more than earned this high profile
position on Orlandos only Hip Hop outlet.”

“These moves are the direct result of a shared vision – a vison of growth
and development of talent and evolution our brands. I’d like to thank
everyone that has worked so hard on this project and made it possible
including Bill Hendrich, Steve Smith, Susan Larkin, Rob Babin, Drew Bland,
and Jill Strada. We’re extremely optimistic about how these moves will
better our brands and strengthen our cluster overall,” said DeMann.

Alternative Returns To San Luis Obispo

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...n-luis-obispo/

Dimes Media has brought some pieces of the former New Rock 107.3 KURQ
Grover/San Luis Obispo CA back to the market.

1340 KYNS San Luis Obispo/93.7 K229AK Baywood-Los Osos/106.1 KWWV-HD3 have
flipped to Alternative Alt 93.7. Two on-air pieces of the former KURQ have
joined KYNS. The syndicated Bob Tom will air in mornings, while Hammer
joins for afternoons. Just like at KURQ, Hammer will voicetrack for San
Luis Obispo from his base at One Putt Broadcastings New Rock 104.1 KFRR
Fresno.

The former Soft AC B93.7 format heard on KYNS/K229AK continues to be heard
as B98.5 on K253BR San Luis Obispo/KKWV-HD2. The station had been heard on
both frequencies since K253BR signed-on earlier this year.

Chris 'Mad Dog' Russo Signs SiriusXM Extension

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...sxm-extension/

SiriusXM has announced that Christopher Mad Dog Russo has signed a three
year contract extension to remain with the company.

Russo has been with SiriusXM since 2008 following his departure from CBS
660 WFAN New York. The new contract will keep him in place through 2019.
His program will continue to air from 3-6pm eastern/12-3pm pacific on the
epinomynous Mad Dog Sports Radio channel 82.

Renowned national sports media personality Christopher “Mad Dog” Russo has
signed a new three-year contract to keep his unique brand of sports talk
radio exclusively on SiriusXM.

Russo will continue to host his daily all-sports show, Mad Dog Unleashed,
every weekday (3:00 – 6:00 pm ET) on SiriusXM’s Mad Dog Sports Radio
channel. Mad Dog Sports Radio, which Russo launched on SiriusXM in 2008,
is available to listeners nationwide on channel 82 on satellite radios and
on the SiriusXM app.

“I am proud of what Mad Dog Sports Radio has become and continue to believe
this is the best place in all of radio,” said Russo. “After 30 years of
broadcasting, my excitement to come to work every day and talk sports with
all of America is as strong as ever due to the freedom SiriusXM provides.
So stay tuned, America. There’s plenty of bark left in the Doggie!”

“Mad Dog Sports Radio is simply the best all-sports talk radio channel in
the country. Chris helped develop the channel eight years ago and remains
one of the most compelling and respected voices in all of sports media,”
said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “He
is truly a one-of-a-kind talent, a sports radio legend, and we’re very
pleased to have him on SiriusXM for years to come.”

The daily weekday lineup on Mad Dog Sports Radio features some of the best
voices in sports talk radio:

Morning Men with Evan Cohen and Mike Babchik (6:00-10:00 am ET)

Schein on Sports with Adam Schein (10:00 am-1:00 pm ET)

The Stephen A. Smith Show (1:00 – 3:00 pm ET)

Mad Dog Unleashed with Christopher Russo (3:00 – 6:00 pm ET)

Dog Bites with Steve Torre (6:00 – 7:00 pm ET)

Mad Dog Sports Radio Tonight with Dan Graca (7:00 – 11:00 pm ET)

The Wrap with Patrick Meagher (11:00 pm – 2:00 am ET)

Mad Dog Unleashed showcases Russo’s no-holds-barred approach to talking
sports and the distinctive delivery that earned him the nickname “Mad
Dog.” Russo interviews many of the biggest names in sports and broadcasts
live from high profile events on the sports calendar, including the Super
Bowl, World Series, U.S. Open tennis tournament and more.

Russo also hosts High Heat with Christopher Russo weekday afternoons on MLB
Network.

Russo is widely credited for having helped popularize the sports talk
format across the country. He joined SiriusXM in 2008 after nearly 20
years in New York hosting the popular Mike and the Mad Dog show.

WPLJ's Ralphie & Melony Torres Swap Timeslots

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...wap-timeslots/

Cumulus Hot AC 95.5 WPLJ New York is revamping its nighttime lineup.

Melony Torres moves from late nights to the 7-11pm timeslot, while Ralphie
Aversa slides to 11pm-3am. Program Director Rick Gillette states in the
release that the move was made to allow Torres, who also serves as Music
Director, to have more daily collaboration with him and APD Mike Allan and
for Aversa to participate in more high profile entertainment and red carpet
events. Aversa will also continue to track nights for sister CHRs 92.3
WPRO-FM Providence and 97.1 WBHT Wilkes-Barre.

Cumulus Media announces that 95.5 PLJ Night Host Ralphie and Music
Director/Late Night Host Melony Torres will flip shifts beginning tonight,
September 26, 2016.*Torres will now host Nights on 95.5 PLJ from 7-11pm,
while Ralphie moves to Late Nights from 11pm-3am.

*

Ralphie joined 95.5 PLJ in 2012.*Melony arrived in December of 2015.*

*

Gillette, Program Director for 95.5 PLJ said: “Melony is an integral part
of the 95.5 PLJ programming team, and this flip now assures even more daily
collaboration between Mel, APD Mike Allan and myself.*In addition,*Ralphie
will now enjoy the schedule flexibility to participate in even more high
profile entertainment and red carpet events, for which he has become
legendary.*In one move, we have elevated all 95.5 PLJ programming assets:
On air, online/social and on-site experiential.”

September 2016 (8/11 - 9/7) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 1

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=75862 030d3

Mikey Adams Heads To Binnie's Frank-FM Trio

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...frank-fm-trio/

Former 93.7 WEEI-FM Boston night host Mikey Adams is joining Binnie Medias
trio of Frank-FM branded Classic Hits stations.

Adams will host afternoons at 106.3 WFNQ Nashua NH, 105.5 WBYA Islesboro
ME, and 107.5 WFNK Lewiston/Portland starting in October. Unlike his
previous spot at WEEI, the show will stretch beyond Sports to include
events of the day, creative bits, music, and interaction with listeners.

New England radio and TV personality Mike Mikey Adams has joined Binnie
Media, the largest locally owned and locally managed media company in
Northern New England.

Adams will be hosting an afternoon drive program that will air from 2 to 6
p.m. starting in October across all of Binnie Medias Frank-FM stations:
106.3 FM in Nashua, 107.5 FM in Portland, Maine and 105.5 FM in Rockland,
Maine. His show will include events of the day, creative bits, music, and
interaction with listeners.

We are thrilled to have Mike join Frank-FM and Binnie Media. His sense of
humor and his love of music will make the show a fun place to be for
listeners. Hes already been churning out ideas, said Lee Kinberg, president
of Binnie Media.

Adams left WEEI/Boston in June after nearly 23 years with the station.