Old January 2nd 17, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Monday 2 January 2017

RadioInsight

105.3 Jacksonville Sale Collapses; Flips To Country

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ps-to-country/

Tony Quartarones Multimedia Communications failed to close on its purchase
105.3 WZDJ Fernandina Beach/Jacksonville FL and the station has dropped its
Classic Dance DJ 105.3 identity that it debuted in July.

Quartarone had filed in March to acquire then CBS Sports 105.3 WJSJ from
Neal Ardmans NIA Broadcasting for $1.3 million. After stunting for two
weeks the station debuted its DJ 105.3 identity in mid-July as the company
began an LMA while awaiting closing of the acquisition.

NIA notified the FCC on December 16 that the sale had failed to close
following the grant of an extension in August. The LMA expired with the end
of 2016. Ardman has now flipped the station to a simulcast of his Country
K-Bay 106.3 WKBX Kingsland GA

99.3 Now-FM Fresno Launches As Jewel-FM Moves

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ewel-fm-moves/

One Putt Broadcasting moved AAA 99.3 Jewel-FM KJWL Fresno to 105.5 KJZN San
Joaquin on New Years Day to prepare for the launch of CHR 99.3 Now-FM.

The station launched at 7:20am on Monday following a day of looping Van
Halens Right Now. It debuted with a full airstaff. Miggy Santos, PD of
Alpha Media CHR Energy 95.3 KLLY Bakersfield joins the station as
PD/Morning Host. KLLY midday host DJ Jess comes aboard for afternoons,
while Nicole Giordano in nights. Santos previously hosted mornings at Y101
KWYE Fresno.

Classic Hip-Hop Rewind 105.5 is the loser in these moves as that format
comes to an end with the move of KJWL to 105.5.

Walton & Johnson Move In New Orleans Leads To Baton Rouge Format Change

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...show-movement/

Walton Johnson made their move to iHeartMedia News/Talk 99.5 WRNO New
Orleans and 1150 WJBO Baton Rouge this morning. The show had been heard on
Guaranty Broadcasting Classic Rock Eagle 98.1 WDGL, which like Entercoms

Bayou 95.7 WKBU New Orleans released a statement that the show left them.

In order to keep the show available on FM in Baton Rouge, iHeart flipped
Oldies Downtown 97.7 K249DV to a simulcast of WJBO.

Dedicated Eagle 98.1 Fans,

Baton Rouge’s number one radio station and multiple Louisiana Radio Station
of the year winner, Eagle 98.1, will introduce to you a new live and LOCAL
morning show on January 9th.

Our old Houston based morning show left us.

Guaranty Media, Baton Rouge’s only locally owned radio company, appreciates
your loyalty and we look forward to entertaining you long into the future.

Flynn Foster

Guaranty Corporation

Original Report 12/21: Two New Orleans stations are making morning show
changes for the new year.

iHeartMedia News/Talk 99.5 WRNO quietly let go of morning host Gerry V
Vaillancourt last week. His show was also simulcast on sister 1150 WJBO
Baton Rouge. Vaillancourt, a former analyst for the Charlotte and New
Orleans Hornets NBA franchise, joined WRNO in 2014.

Entercom Classic Rock Bayou 95.7 WKBU has told listeners that the
regionally syndicated Walton Johnson have informed the station that they
were not renewing their affiliation with the station. The show has been on
WKBU since its launch in 2005 and has had runs at multiple New Orleans
stations since the duo first teamed together at 93.3 WQUE in 1983.

With Walton Johnson now based at iHeartMedia News/Talk 950 KPRC Houston,
all expectations are that they will soon resurface at WRNO, where they
previously anchored mornings during the tail end of its Rock heyday from
1999-2004.

All of us at Bayou 95.7 are saddened to share that Walton and Johnson’s
radio program is no longer with us. After much negotiation, their business
interests have lead them elsewhere. We found out shortly before they left
for their holiday vacation that they would not be renewing their contract.
We cannot tell you how much we’ve enjoyed sharing our airwaves with WJ, but
understand that they have to do what’s in their best financial interest.

Bayou 95.7 is still New Orleans’ only Classic Rock station and we’re not
going anywhere. We are working hard to come up with a new entertaining
morning show that will reflect New Orleans and continue to play the great
Classic Rock. We’ll have an announcement in the coming weeks. Rest
assured, we’ll do everything we can to continue to make Bayou the best
Classic Rock station it can be for you! THANK YOU! And best of luck to WJ!

KCAX Flips To Classic Country

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ts-in-branson/

The first station this season to go All-Christmas was also one of the last
to end the holiday songs.

Earls Family Broadcastings 1220 KCAX/98.1 K251BZ Branson launched its new
format on January 1 as Bransons Classic Country. The new format flanks
sister Country 102.9 The Z KHBZ Harrison AR.

Listen to the launch of Bransons Classic Country at FormatChange.com.

Original Report 10/2/2016: The first Christmas Music flip of the year has
taken place in Branson MO.

Earls Family Broadcasting flipped Southern Gospel Solid Gospel 1220 KOMC
Branson to Christmas as soon as the calendar flipped to October with the
addition of new translator 98.1 K251BZ Branson. The new Bransons Classic
Christmas 98.1 is also operating under new KCAX call letters. Earls
HometownDailyNews.com reports that the station will debut and old format
favorite to the area’s airwaves on December 26.

In 2015 the first Christmas launch took place on September 25 as
SummitMedia debuted the format on 1320 WENN/100.1 W261BX. The first flip in
2014 was much later as Easy 93.1 WEZW Wildwood Crest NJ made the move on
October 17.