Old January 6th 17, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 6 January 2017

RadioInsight

WJIE Adds Louisville Simulcast

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...lle-simulcast/

With Word Broadcasting Network taking control of Salem Medias Louisville
cluster on January 3, Christian Talk 900 WFIA and new translator 107.3
W297BV Louisville have flipped to a simulcast of Christian AC 88.5 WJIE-FM
Okolona KY.

WFIA previously simulcasted 94.7 WFIA-FM New Albany IN. The addition of
107.3 in particular to 88.5 fills a coverage hole for WJIE-FM in downtown
Louisville and its adjacent Indiana suburbs. New WJIE call letters are
pending for WFIA.

Prior to the announcement that Word Broadcasting Network would LMA Salems
Louisville cluster, Salem intended to launch its own Christian AC format on
900/107.3 as 107.3 The River.

Salem Launches Health & Wellness "1380 The Pulse" St. Louis

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ulse-st-louis/

Salem Media has launched its second Health Wellness Talk station as it
debuts 1380 The Pulse KXFN St. Louis.

Joining similarly formatted 1570 KDIZ Minneapolis, the KXFN lineup features
syndicated hosts including Dr. Daliah, Dr Asa Andrew, and Katherine
Albrecht.

Salem acquired KXFN fromG rand Slam Sports bankruptcy receiver Detalus
Consulting in August for $190,000.

Nathan Fast Enters While Kannon & Leigh Ann Adam Exit More Hits 103.7 Dallas

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-103-7-dallas/

CBS Radio has announced that Nathan Fast will join CHR More Hits 103.7 KVIL
Dallas for mornings starting Monday, January 9.

Fast joins from nights at iHeartMedia CHR Channel 93.3 KHTS-FM San Diego.
He also hosted weekends at 102.7 KIIS-FM Los Angeles and on Macys in-store
Mstyleradio. Prior to joining KHTS-FM, Fast worked at Townsquare Media CHR
103.3 Kiss-FM KSAS-FM Boise.

Original Report 1:00pm: Another CBS Radio station has made cutbacks as CBS
CHR More Hits 103.7 KVIL Dallas has let go of morning host Mike Kannon and
middayer Leigh Ann Adam.

Kannon had joined KVIL in March 2015 following a run in mornings at Cumulus
CHR i93 93.3 KLIF-FM. He also hosts the Sunday night version of the
syndicated Open House Party and will take over the Saturday night show when
founder John Garabedian retires at the end of this month.

Adam had moved from afternoons to middays in July when the station
completed its shift from AC to CHR with the rebranding to More Hits 103.7.
Her former co-host Courtney Kerr had exited in June 2016.

With the exits of Kannon and Adam, former morning co-host Sybil Summers
slides back to her former midday slot. Tanner Kloven remains in afternoons,
while mornings are currently vacant. The exits were first reported by
DFW.com.

Ryan Wrecker: 2017 is going to be a weird year for radio

http://ryanwrecker.com/2017-is-going...ear-for-radio/

Bruce Scott Joins KBAY For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-for-mornings/

Alpha Media Classic Hits 94.5 Bay-FM KBAY Gilroy/San Jose CA has named
Bruce Scott as its new morning host.

Scott spent 2012-2015 in afternoons at iHeartMedia AC 103.5 KOST Los
Angeles and over a decade in mornings at 104.5 WGLD/WJJK Indianapolis.
Scott will debut on January 17.

Alpha Media, San Jose announced today the addition of Bruce Scott to Bay
FM. He will host mornings starting Tuesday, January 17th. Previously, Scott
worked for KOST in Los Angeles, CA.

Alpha Media VP of Programming and Bay FM Program Director, Ronnie Stanton
commented on the announcement, “It’s very exciting to add Bruce to the
refreshed sound of Bay FM. He brings years of experience and a great radio
brain to create an upbeat and fun morning show with the greatest hits of
all time for the Bay Area.

OMG, this is so exciting! Mornings at an awesome station, in a great city,
for an excellent company like Alpha? Are you kidding me? Perfect! Cant wait
to get started,” remarked Scott.

Hawaiian 105 Launches New Morning Show

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-morning-show/

SummitMedia Hawaiian AC Hawaiian 105 KINE-FM Honolulu is moving their
Saturday morning Kolohe Krew of Shannon Scott and Mele Apana to weekday
mornings starting Monday, January 9.

Both Apana and Scott previously worked full-time for the company. Scott
spent nineteen as Promotions Director and afternoon host at 100.3 KCCN.
Apana previously co-hosted mornings at KINE-FM.

Mele and Shannon reunited earlier in 2016 doing Saturday mornings on
Hawaiian 105. The show was extremely popular in that time slot on air,
their social media activity is highly popular and they are extremely
dedicated to the community, making numerous appearances every month.

??As we celebrate 50 Years of Hawaiian music on the radio, this was a
perfect time to bring Shannon and Mele on board. ??Both have a deep
appreciation for the Hawaiian culture, language and artists. Hawaiian 105
has returned to its roots as a station that belongs to our people.

Shannon and Mele will team up with Davey D and the rest KINE team to
strengthen our bond on Oahu. ??Operations Manager, Wayne Maria said; I have
been happy with the amount of time Da Kolohe Krew invests in creating a
compelling show featuring strong features. *We are confident Hawaii will
love waking up with the Krew. **

??Shannon Scott said; “Mele and I have been wanting to work on projects
together for years.*When Operations Manager, Wayne Maria and SummitMedia
Hawai’i President, Andrew Rosen called, we were very excited about the
meeting.*We were stoked when they said we could do a weekend show, for
fun.*We didn’t realize how big it would get.* The comments and responses
kept coming in.*It was such an honor and a blessing.”

*

“After speaking with Wayne, I was impressed with how much he has grown both
as a captain and as a person.*I liked Andrew from the start.* He has a
great personality and he’s had such a positive influence on others, in the
short amount of time he’s been here. I also appreciate his vision for our
stations and his respect for our culture.*He genuinely cares.”

*

“There’s not many jobs out there that have you laughing on a day to day
basis.*This is that job.**Mele added We get to entertain, inspire people
and try to make a positive influence in their lives by making them laugh,
love, smile one heart at a time*We get to entertain, inform and make
people laugh while laughing along with them.*Mele is as crazy in person as
she is on the radio, and we have a blast.*As Mele and I always say, we want
to grow old doing what we love, with the people we love.* It feels GREAT to
be back home!”*

?SummitMedia Hawaii President, Andrew Rosen is looking forward to the
evolution of Hawaiian 105 and is excited about our commitment to our
audience, community and our talented local artists. The moves take effect
Monday, January 9, 2017.

Station Sales Week Of 1/6

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...es-week-of-16/

Station Sales

West Virginia Radio Corporation and family connected AJG Corporation have
made a series of connected deals. AJG will sell Country 97.9 WKKW
Fairmont/Morgantown WV to WVRC for $5.6 million. West Viriginia Radio
Corporation has managed the sales for WKKW under a Joint Sales Agreement
since 2000.

WVRC will then sell Oldies 1460 WBUC Buckhannon and News/Talk 95.7 3WS
WSWW-FM Craigsville WV to AJG for $18,000 and $72,000 respectively. AJG
Corporation is owned by the Descendants Trusts of John David Raese. John
Raese is the Chairman and 33% stakeholder of West Virginia Radio Corp.

Colt Communications LLC sells Brokered Ethnic http://wkkwfm.com/1550 WNTN
Newton/Boston MA to Theodore Demetriades Delta Communications for $175,000.
Not included in the sale are WNTNs tower, studio property, office computer
phone number, typewriter, and WNTN.com. Demetriades hosts WNTNs Greek
morning show.

Educational Media Foundation acquires AC Lite Rock 100.3 WORG
Elloree/Orangeburg SC from Garris Communications for $338,000.
Translator Sales

Carlos Lopez sells 104.1 K281CC Benson AZ to Paul Lotsof for $1,000. Lotsof
will rebroadcast his co-owned Country Cave 97.7 KAVV Benson. Lopez had
acquired K281CC and 103.3 K277CW Benson (with application to move to Las
Cruces NM) from World Radio Network in March 2016 for $6,000.

Boom! Radio Now 92.1 Debuts In Houston

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ts-in-houston/

Radio One has brought a second CHR to Houston a week after CBS flipped Hot
95.7 KKHH to Adult Hits.

As we first reported in Wednesdays Daily Domains, Classic Hip-Hop Boom 92.1
KROI Seabrooke quietly segued to CHR at 5pm today as Radio Now 92.1. The
station is quickly taking shots at Cumulus KRBE calling 104.1 old and
hyping it as the home of new music.

The former Boom 92.1 was the catalyst for the launch of the Classic Hip-Hop
format when it debuted in October 2014. The station quickly surged from a
1.0 share in its final monthly as All-News to a 3.2 in its first month as
Boom, however it was back down to a 1.4 share in the December 2016 PPMs.

The first songs on the new Radio Now we

Calvin Harris/Rhianna This Is What You Came For

Zayn/Taylor Swift Til You Come Back Home

Rae Sremmurd ft. Gucci Mane Black Beatles

Noah Cyrus ft. Labrinth Make Me (Cry)

DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber Let Me Love You

X Ambassadors Unsteady

Sia The Greatest

Bruno Mars Thats What I Like

Jason Derulo Want To Want Me

Ariana Grande Side To Side

After kicking it old school, Radio One Houston has moved from its Classic
Hip-Hop format to the new sound of NOW! Today, Radio One announced its new
format, 92.1 RADIO NOW, a cutting edge Top 40 radio station for the NOW
generation. 92.1 RADIO NOW launches with 92 hours of commercial free music.

Currently, Radio One Houston is home to MAJIC 102.1 FM and 97.9 FM The BOX.
92.1 RADIO NOW will feature artists such as; Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande,
Bruno Mars, Shawn Mendes, Chainsmokers, Twenty One Pilots, The Weeknd, Nick
Jonas and more.

“The New 92.1 Radio Now will reflect emerging music, trends and culture for
the NOW generation of 18-34 year old millennials here in Houston,” said
Terri Thomas, Operations Manager/Program Director of Radio One Houston.

“With recent changes in the Top 40 radio landscape in the Houston market,
we believe that Houston is ready for this new sound,” said Gary Spurgeon,
Vice President and General Manager, Radio One Houston.

Radio One’s Senior Vice President of Programming, Jay Stevens said, “We’re
excited about this opportunity to bring a fresh innovative approach to Top
40 Radio in H-Town.”

Beasley Launches AC "B98.7" Tampa

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...c-b98-7-tampa/

After weeks of stunting with Christmas music and as 98.7 Donald-FM, Beasley
Media has launched AC B98.7 WBRN-FM Holmes Beach/Tampa.

The new Todays Hits, Yesterdays Favorites approach positions WBRN-FM
between Cox Media AC Magic 94.9 WWRM and Soft AC 105.5 The Dove WDUV. The
two stations combined for a 14.6 share in the December PPM monthly, while
the Bubba The Love Sponge fronted 98.7 No Rules Rock had a 1.2 share.

Chadd and Kristi Thomas, who exited Coxs Magic 94.9 last week will host
mornings at WBRN-FM. They will host the stations 10,000 songs-in-a-row
promo before taking over mornings on February 6.

Tee Gentry, Beasley Tampa Operations Manager and PD of Country 99.5 WQYK
adds PD duties for B98.7.

Beasley Media Group Tampa announces a new Mainstream Adult Contemporary
station, ready to launch today. The New B98.7 will kickoff at 5:45pm (EST)
with 10,000 songs in a row, featuring Today’s Hits and Yesterdays Favorites
from a wide variety of artists like Maroon 5, Pink and Journey.

“Our entire staff is geared up to launch B98.7, a seamless complement to
our cluster of Classic Hits, Country, Spanish CHR, Rhythmic CHR and
Financial Talk!” said Tampa Market Manager Kent Dunn. “Our programming
team put together an amazing product that will surely be a success in Tampa
and St. Pete!”

The station soon will feature Tampa’s top-rated AC Morning Show stars
Chadd Kristi (Mr. and Mrs. Thomas) who will host the station’s “10,000
Songs in a Row” until the new show debuts on Monday, Feb 6.

Chadd and I are absolutely delighted to be part of creating a new radio
station! We are excited about our new home for our special brand of radio
in Tampa Bay, which is a place we cherish and where we have chosen to raise
our family!” said Kristi.

“We are thrilled to be part of the Beasley Media Group family, which shares
our love of family, community and, of course, the awesome power of radio!
added Chadd.

“For nearly two decades, Chadd Kristi have developed a deep relationship
with the Tampa listening audience and we are thrilled they decided to join
us in the process of building a new and great AC brand in the market,”
added Justin Chase, EVP of Programming, Beasley Media Group. “Both Chadd
and Kristi are all about family and community, which is a perfect fit for
Beasley’s company culture. We expect great things from them and The New
B98.7!”