Old January 12th 17, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 12 January 2017

RadioInsight

WFGM Flips To Classic Country

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...assic-country/

AJG Corporation Classic Hits Classic Top 40 93.1 WFGM-FM
Barrackville/Morgantown WV flipped to Classic Country 93.1 The River at the
start of 2017.

Positioned as True Country, the station is centered musically on the 1990s
with its playlist stretching from the 70s through 2010. The move comes as
AJG is swapping Country 97.9 WKKW to sister company West Virginia Radio
Corporation. West Virginia Radio Corporation had launched Classic Hits Sky
106.5 WWLW Clarksburg in September 2016, with its signal sharing
considerable overlap with WFGM-FM.

Dave & Mahoney Return To X107.5 Las Vegas

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...7-5-las-vegas/

After leaving CBS Hot AC Mix 96.5 KHMX Houston, Dave Farra and Jason
Mahoney are returning to sister Alternative X107.5 KXTE Pahrump/Las Vegas.

Farra, Mahoney, and Daena DK Kramer left KXTE for KHMX in September 2015
after six years at the station. Kramer will not remain with the show when
it returns to Las Vegas on February 6.

Farra and Mahoney will supplant Marc Marco Orem in mornings at KXTE. Orem
joined KXTE in February 2016 along with Joe Jeetz Reeder. Jeetz quickly
jumped to Hubbard Rock 98.9 KVRQ Seattle in September, while Orem left in
December and was just named as new morning host at Beasley Country 99.5
WQYK Tampa.

KXTE X107.5 is thrilled to welcome back The Dave Mahoney Morning Show to
Las Vegas beginning Monday February 6, 2017. The show will air weekdays
from 6:00 – 10:00 AM and can be heard on-air, online at
www.x1075lasvegas.com and through the Radio.com mobile app.

“Dave and Mahoney live and breathe Las Vegas and are ingrained in the
history and lifestyle of X107.5,” said Ross Mahoney, KXTE 107.5 Program
Director. “They know the music, the community and understand what the
X107.5 brand means to the listeners. I couldn’t be more excited to have the
boys come home and do what they do best, entertain Las Vegas!”

Mahoney and I are beyond excited to return home to X107.5. Having been in
Las Vegas radio for over 10 years, we know there is no place that we would
rather be,” said Dave Farra. “The amazing community and the best
alternative station in the country are all things we couldnt stay away from
for long. It is an honor to be able to return to the listeners, radio
station, and city that we love. We cant wait to get started!

Dave and Mahoney previously hosted mornings on CBS RADIO Houston’s Mix 96-5
(KHMX-FM). Prior to that, the duo were a fixture on Las Vegas radio, and a
favorite on X107.5 where they first began their morning show in 2009.
Throughout the years they have won multiple awards including the KLAS Best
Radio show in 2010 and the Review Journals Best Local Radio Personalities
in 2013 and 2014. The duo are also actively involved in the community with
events like Help For The Holidays, Fight Holiday Hunger, and their annual
charity driven celebrity fantasy football league.

KXTE X107.5’s full weekday lineup, beginning February 6, features:

The Dave Mahoney Morning Show 6:00 – 10:00 AM

MJ 10:00 – 3:00 PM

Ross 3:00 – 6:00 PM

Pauly 6:00 – 11:00 PM

Daily Domains 1/12: FM News/Talk Coming To Detroit?

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/n...ng-to-detroit/

Is someone planning on launching a new Spoken Word FM in Detroit? Or are
they trying to push CBS to make a move of WWJ to FM?

Also domains for San Antonio, Springfield, Lafayette, and possibly Boston.
This content is for Premium Annual and Premium Monthly members only. Visit
the site and log in/register to read.

Debbie Mazella Upped To WMGQ Program Director

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...gram-director/

Beasley Media AC Magic 98.3 WMGQ New Brunswick NJ has promoted APD/midday
host Debbie Mazella to Program Director.

Mazella succeeds Jeff Rafter, who departed to join Press Communications as
VP/Programming in late 2016. Mazella has worked at WMGQ since 2007 after
previously working Hot AC 94.3 The Point WJLK Asbury Park and as a traffic
reporter in the New York market.

Additionally WMGQ moves John Lisk from nights to afternoons to replace
Rafter.

Beasley Media Group, Inc. a subsidiary of Beasley Broadcast Group, Inc.
(NASDAQ: BBGI) has promoted Debbie Mazella to Program Director of WMGQ
(Magic 98.3) in Central New Jersey.

“Ever since my childhood, I wanted to be involved in radio and I’m
extremely grateful to the mentors who have influenced, encouraged and
helped me on my career path,” said Debbie. It’s even more exciting to know
that I am the first female PD in Magic’s 40 year history!”

Debbie is a radio veteran who started her Magic 98.3 career in 2007. She
added APD duties a year later. Debbie will retain her highly rated
10AM-3PM shift and will assume the Program Director responsibilities
immediately.

“Debbie’s passion for our brand is second to none!” stated Dan Finn, Senior
Vice President Regional Market Manager for Beasley Media Group New Jersey.
“Debbie’s solid on-air performance and leadership skills have made it an
easy decision to appoint her captain of the team with the task of taking
WMGQ to the next level!”

“We are thrilled that Debbie can lead this amazing radio station to new
heights!” added Buzz Knight, Vice President of Programming. “She
understands the marketplace and the audience lifestyle better than anyone.”

Community Group Seeking To Acquire KSRI Santa Cruz

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ri-santa-cruz/

Central Coast Community Radio has reached a tentative deal to acquire 90.7
KSRI Santa Cruz CA from Educational Media Foundation for $265,000.

CCCR had been bidding for Pataphysical Broadcastings bankrupt 88.9 KUSP
Santa Cruz, which was sold to EMF in late 2016 for $605,000. KUSP will
assume KSRIs Christian CHR Air 1 programming making to 90.7 frequency
redundant to EMF.

The group needs to raise $350,000 in 45 days to proceed with the
acquisition to basically replace KUSP as a mostly locally originating
public operation.

Intriguing Stations Of 2016, Pt. I

http://blogtrans.megatrax.com/intrig...tions-2016-pt/

WNYY To Drop Liberal Talk For Oldies

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...lk-for-oldies/

5Saga Liberal Talk 1470 WNYY Ithaca NY will drop the format for Oldies on
February 1.

In an interview with the Ithaca Times, General Manager Chet Osadchey stated
that the move is due to lack of programming to fill out a schedule as only
Alan Colmes, Thom Hartmann, and Stephanie Miller remain as many others have
left syndication. Osadchey made sure to emphasize that it wasnt politically
motivated decision. No word yet if Sagas additional Liberal Talkers in
Bellingham WA, Brattleboro VT, and Springfield MA will make similar moves
away from the format.

The move to Oldies at WNYY will coincide with the station moving to a new
FM frequency. Its current translator 97.7 W249CD will be moving to 105.1
East Longmeadow MA as part of the 250 mile waiver period, while 95.3 W237DX
East Liverpool OH will be moving to 94.1 Ithaca to replace it.

Jason Goff Moves To Afternoons And Danny Parkins Joins 670 WSCR Chicago

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-wscr-chicago/

CBS Sports 670 The Score WSCR Chicago is resetting its lineup for 2017
following the retirement of Terry Boers.

Current midday co-host Jason Goff will move to afternoons from 1-6pm with
incumbent co-host Dan Bernstein. Goff is in his second tour of duty with
WSCR. He returned in February 2015 to co-host middays after a run in nights
at sister 92.9 The Game WZGC Atlanta. He had previously worked as a
producer, reporter, and fill-in host at WSCR.

Goffs current slot in middays co-hosting with Matt Spiegel from 9am-1pm
will go to Danny Parkins. The 30 year-old Chicago native joins WSCR from
afternoons at Entercoms 610 Sports KCSP Kansas City where his is paired
with Carrington CDot Harrison. He previously worked at 1260 WSKO Syracuse
NY.

CBS RADIO Chicago’s 670 The Score (WSCR-AM) will launch a new line-up with
current personalities, as well as new faces, beginning Tuesday, January 17.
Current midday host Jason Goff will move to afternoons, joining Dan
Bernstein as the co-host of The Score’s newly renamed drive show, “The
Bernstein and Goff Show,” airing weekdays from 1:00-6:00 PM. Joining 670
The Score in middays alongside Matt Spiegel will be Chicago-native Danny
Parkins. The duo will bring Chicago listeners the new “The Spiegel and
Parkins Show,” weekdays from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. Listeners can tune in to 670
The Score on-air, online at 670thescore.com, and through the Radio.com app.

“The retirement of beloved ‘Score original’ Terry Boers after 25 years,
coupled with the exciting achievements of the station over the last year,
led us straight to Jason as the perfect match with Dan in afternoons,” said
Mitch Rosen, WSCR Program Director. “As a hometown native, Danny brings
passion to middays, and I couldn’t be more thrilled to hear what he and
Matt create together for our loyal listeners.”

Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Chicago, Tim Pohlman
added, “Following the success The Score has seen in the past year sharing
the historic Cubs Championship with all of Chicago, and celebrating 25
years of delivering the city’s best sports coverage, I’m thrilled to see
the pairing of Jason Goff and Dan Bernstein and to welcome the talented
Danny Parkins to our already stellar lineup of Score hosts.”

On the upcoming change, Jason Goff remarked “Ive had a fantastic time
reuniting with the audience the last couple of years with a terrific talent
in Matt Spiegel. The reunion now continues with a time slot and a host in
Dan with whom Ive experienced some of the finest moments of my career.”

“When I left Chicago in 2010 for my first radio job I had a personal goal
to be back home with my own show by the time I turned 30,” said Parkins.
“The fact thats going to be a reality on The Score, a station that has
always been a Chicago institution, is a dream come true. I cant wait to get
started and begin building the best sports radio show in the city.”

Goff originally joined 670 The Score in 2000 as a producer on “The Boers
and Bernstein Show” in 2007. Goff was previously the evening host of CBS
RADIO Atlanta’s 92.9 The Game, and hosted SiriusXM NBA Radio’s midday “Off
the Dribble” show.

Parkins joins 670 The Score from 610 Sports Radio in Kansas City where his
afternoon show “The Drive” has been the highest rated sports show in Kansas
City for the last two years. Prior to his time in Kansas City, Parkins
hosted sports radio programs in Syracuse, NY. He is a graduate of the
prestigious S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse
University, and graduated locally from New Trier High School.

With Goff’s move to afternoons and the addition of Parkins to middays, The
Score’s team roster now features:

· 5:00 – 9:00 AM The Mully and Hanley Show (Mike Mulligan and
Brian Hanley)

· 9:00 AM – 1 PM The Spiegel and Parkins Show (Matt Spiegel and
Danny Parkins)

· 1:00 – 6:00 PM The Bernstein and Goff Show (Dan Bernstein and
Jason Goff)

· 6:00-10:00 PM Laurence Holmes