Old February 22nd 17, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 21 February 2017

RadioInsight

Urban AC Vibe 105.3 Debuts In Columbus

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...s-in-columbus/

As first mentioned in our 2/17 Daily Domains, iHeartMedia has flipped Fox
Sports 105.3 1230 WYTS/W287CP Columbus OH to Urban AC Vibe 105.3.

Positioned as Columbus RB And Throwbacks, the new format takes on Radio-One
Urban AC “Magic 95.5” WXMG Lancaster. Michael Eiland, APD/MD of sister
Variety Hits 93.3 The Bus WODC, will host mornings on The Vibe. The
remainder of the day will feature Premium Choice hosts including V103 WVAZ
Chicago afternoon host Joe Soto in middays and V101.5 WSOL-FM Jacksonville
midday host middayer Jo-Jo in afternoons.

The Sports format on 1230 WYTS/105.3 W287CP became redundant with the
launch of 105.7 The Zone WXZX in November 2016.

Blaine Jackson Named PD Of WLUB/W292EE Augusta

http://radioinsight.com/blogs/116618...292ee-augusta/

iHeartMedia has named Blaine Jackson as Program Director of Country 105.7
The Bull WLUB and Classic Country 106.3 The Bull Icons W292EE/WLUB-HD2
Augusta GA.

Jackson joins WLUB/W292EE from sister 96.5 The Bull WIHB-FM Gray/Macon
where she served as PD/Midday host. She has spent her entire radio career
with iHeart, starting as a board operator in Macon in 2010 and eventually
moving up to Program Director at the companys Newnan GA stations and then
WIHB.

iHeartMedia announced today that Blaine Jackson has been named program
director for WLUB 105.7 The Bull and WLUB HD2 106.3 The Bull Icons
effective immediately. 105.7 the Bull, Augusta’s No. 1 for Country, plays
todays hottest country hits including the newest tracks from artists such
as Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood, Sam Hunt and
Florida Georgia Line. The Bull gives the Central Savannah River Area a new
choice for Country music. 106.3 Bull Icons, The Country That Made Augusta
Great, offers the Central Savannah River Area, classic country favorites
like George Strait, Alan Jackson, Reba, Alabama and Garth Brooks.

iHeartMedia has massive consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company
and Jackson will be responsible for day to-day programming operations for
105.7 the Bull and 106.3 Bull Icons and www.bull1057.com and
www.1063bullicons.com . She will work closely with on-air personalities and
sales to oversee the on-air content, digital footprint and music
programming for both stations.

“We are very excited to have Blaine here to represent our two new Augusta
brands,” said Ivy Elam, Market President for iHeartMedia Augusta. “We look
forward to her delivering quality Country format programming that we know
our listeners, partners and advertisers will love.”

Jackson joined iHeartMedia in 2010 as a part time board operator for the
cluster of stations in Macon, GA. Shortly after, she became the Program
Director of iHeartMedia’s three stations in Newnan, GA where she oversaw
the stations’ programming, promotions and branding. Later, Jackson returned
to iHeartMedia Macon to serve as the Program Director for WIHB-FM, 96.5 The
Bull, the market’s country station. Blaine is originally from Barnesville,
Georgia and attended Brenau University where she received her Bachelor’s
Degree in Mass Communication.

“I am excited to join the iHeartMedia team in Augusta. I grew up listening
to country music, it’s in my blood. To be able to combine my passion for
the genre with my radio career is an amazing opportunity,” said Jackson.

iHeartMedia is a leading media outlet in the Augusta market. Its six radio
brands and content are available across multiple platforms, including its
broadcast stations; online via its branded digital sites; mobile; and
social, with nationwide listening through iHeartRadio, the all-in-one
streaming music and live radio service – with its more than a billion
downloads and 95 million registered users.

Frank Brings Standards To Elkhart

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ds-to-elkhart/

Federated Media has flipped 1340 WTRC Elkhart IN from a simulcast of
News/Talk 95.3 MNC WTRC-FM Niles MI/South Bend to Adult Standards Frank
1340.

Indiana Radio Watch reports that the station is utilizing programming from
Music of Your Life. WTRC-FM Program Director Jon Zimney is overseeing the
new format.

Dick Taylor: Think Like There Is No Box

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2017/02/1...ere-is-no-box/

WTMJ Adds Steve Scaffidi & Erik Bilstad For Early Afternoons

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ly-afternoons/

Scripps News/Talk 620 WTMJ Milwaukee is launching a new 12-3pm show hosted
by Steve Scaffidi and Erik Bilstad.

Scaffidi is resigning as Mayor of Oak Creek, WI, a position he has served
since 2012, and at a local public relations firm to join WTMJ. He spent 28
years as a field manager for Nielsen before moving into politics. Bilstad
currently serves as WTMJs Executive Producer of News. He has been with WTMJ
as a news anchor and reporter since 1999. Newscaster Colleen Boland will do
news updates throughout the show.

Steve Scaffidi is joining WTMJ as the mid-afternoon talk show host.
Scaffidi will team with WTMJ Executive Producer, News Erik Bilstad to form
“Scaffidi Bilstad,” which will air from noon to 3 p.m., weekdays. The
program will focus on the biggest stories of the day with Steve’s unique
perspective – injected into topics ranging from news, politics, events and
sports. Scaffidi has resigned as Mayor of Oak Creek, Wisconsin and his
position as an Account Executive at Leonard Finco Public Relations, in
order to join the station.

“We’re pleased to welcome Steve to our team. He brings a great depth of
knowledge and local connection, to add to his take on the news of the day,”
said Tom Langmyer, vice president and general manager of WTMJ and WKTI and
vice president of radio news, talk, and sports programming, for The E.W.
Scripps Company. (NYSE: SSP) “Steve is a Wisconsin native, has a deep
background and much life experience, beyond broadcasting.”

“I’m looking forward to joining WTMJ to inform and entertain the listeners
with honest conversation as a conservative. Now more than ever we need
quality news, information and perspective on-air. I can’t wait to get
started,” said Steve Scaffidi. “It has been an honor to serve the citizens
of Oak Creek. It will always be home.”

“Scaffidi Bilstad will take our listeners through the top stories of the
day in a fast-paced style,” said Eric Brooks, WTMJ director of programming
and news. “The show goes beyond one-note politics to cover many things that
are important to Wisconsin.”

The ensemble cast is completed by anchor/reporter Colleen Boland who will
join the team to provide news updates.

The new show will debut on Tuesday, Feb. 28 at noon.

With the addition of “Scaffidi Bilstad” the WTMJ lineup is set:

5:00 8:30 a.m. – Wisconsin’s Morning News with Gene
Mueller

8:30 12:00 p.m. – Jeff Wagner

12:00 3:00 p.m. – Scaffidi Bilstad

3:00 6:00 p.m. – Wisconsin’s Afternoon News with John
Mercure

6:00 9:00 p.m. – Sports Central with Greg Matzek

WTMJ is also the flagship station of the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee
Brewers and Milwaukee Bucks.

Mary Walter Joins WMAL's Mornings On The Mall

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...s-on-the-mall/

Cumulus Conservative Talk 630 WMAL Washington DC/105.9 WMAL-FM Woodbridge
VA has named Mary Walter as the new co-host of its Mornings on the Mall.

Walter will join incumbent host Brian Wilson following the move of Larry
OConnor from mornings to afternoons at the start of 2017. Walter most
recently hosted nights at iHeartMedias 840 WHAS Louisville after spending
much of her career in New Jersey at New Jersey 101.5 WKXW Trenton and 1450
WCTC New Brunswick.

Cumulus Media announces that Mary Walter has been named co-host of
WMAL/Washington, D.C.’s morning show, “Mornings on the Mall”, joining
co-host Brian Wilson. Walter has been a frequent guest host on the station
for the past several years and recently concluded an assignment as evening
host at WHAS in Louisville, KY. Walter debuts on WMAL 105.9 FM AM630 on
March 1, 2017.

Previously, Walter was prime fill-in host for several programs on FOX News
Radio, and has appeared as a pundit on television’s FOX News Channel. She
currently handles occasional guest-hosting stints on Sirius XM’s Patriot
Channel. Walter also did two stints as host on New Jersey 101.5/WKXW-FM in
Trenton, NJ. As host of “Mary in the Morning” on WCTC-AM in New Brunswick,
NJ, she was the first woman to anchor a morning radio show in the state.

Bill Hess, WMAL Program Director and Vice President/NewsTalk, Cumulus
Media, said: “Mary’s experience, energy, and familiarity to our audience
made her the perfect addition to our team.”

**

Walter said: I am really excited about joining ‘Mornings on the Mall’.*Bill
Hess has built WMAL into a powerhouse and this is an opportunity I just
couldnt pass up.*I am honored to be working alongside Brian Wilson, and to
be on the same station as Chris Plante and Larry OConnor its an incredible
line-up! My thanks to Bill, Mike McVay, and Jake McCann for their support.”

WMAL’s “Mornings on the Mall” airs weekday mornings from 5am to 9am. The
fast-paced morning show updates listeners on all of the top stories of the
day – from politics to pop culture, from world news to hometown stories –
along with Traffic Weather Every 10 Minutes First on the 5’s.

Sean Ross: Is Country "Seein Red"? Or "Rollin With The Flow"?

http://www.goenvisionnetworks.com/20...with-the-flow/

WWBA/WIXC Adds Erik Kuselias For Early Afternoons

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ly-afternoons/

On the heels of adding Bubba The Love Sponge for mornings, Genesis
Communications News/Talk 820 WWBA Largo/Tampa FL and sister 1060 WIXC
Melbourne has added Erik Kuselias for 1-3pm.

The former ESPN Radio and NBC Sports Radio host will continue to host
mornings on sister Sports Talk Florida 1040 WHBO Pinellas Park/Tampa and
1080 WHOO Kissimmee/Orlando in addition to the new early afternoon show on
WWBA and WIXC.

Genesis Communications taps Erik Kuselias to move into the News/Talk chair
on WWBA (AM 820 News)/Tampa and its Space Coast outlet WIXC (AM 1060 News),
weekdays from 1-3pm. The stations can be heard throughout the state of
Florida from Tallahassee through Naples and from St. Augustine to West Palm
Beach. Kuselias most recently was morning host for NBC Sports Radio and
afternoon host on NBCs Sports Cable Network. He will continue to host his
Sports program mornings on WHBO/Tampa and WHOO/Orlando.

This is a natural progression for EK, said WWBA Program Manager Tom
Paleveda. We launched EK on the sports stations in both Tampa and Orlando
last year. He is incredibly talented and will produce one of talk radios
best programs. He will also continue to provide his brand of content on the
company digital platforms, News Talk Florida and Sports Talk Florida.

The opportunity to interact with the people of Florida via this large reach
medium is a dream come true. I think my passion will blend perfectly with
the diverse and intelligent opinions our state has to offer regarding
politics, entertainment and news, added Kuselias. With one of the largest
signals in the state on radio and a simulcast on News Talk Florida, this is
the perfect vehicle to kick off my News Talk hosting career.

Kevin Musselman Named Adams Fort Wayne VP/GM

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...rt-wayne-vpgm/

Adams Radio Group has promoted Kevin Musselman from Director of Sales to
Vice President/General Manager of its Fort Wayne IN cluster.

He succeeds Chris Monk, who exited last month to become Regional Vice
President of Cumulus Saginaw and Flint MI clusters. Musselman joined Adams
in 2014 when it closed on its purchase of its Fort Wayne stations. He
worked for Federated Media from 2007-2012 including time as GM of 102.7
WLEG Ligonier.

Adams Radio Group has named Kevin Musselman VP GM for it Fort Wayne,
Indiana cluster. Kevin has been with Adams in Fort Wayne since it entered
the market via acquisition of Oasis Radio and Summit Media Fort Wayne
serving as Director of Sales. Adams owns and operated WBTU, WJFX, WXKE,
WWFW, WGL AM, WLYV AM and Metro stations B-96, The Patriot 103.3 and Kool
Oldies 104.3.

From 2007 to 2012 Kevin served in GSM and GM roles for Federated Media.
Kevin has called Indiana home for the past 27 years.

When asked to comment on Kevin, Ron Stone, President and CEO of Adams Radio
Group, said “Kevin is a perfect fit for the GM role. He has been with Adams
from the day we acquired the market and has built an amazing sales
organization. It’s a big job overseeing 9 frequencies in one market, and I
am confident Kevin is the leader we need. Kevin is a team player with
strong sales skills and creates amazing partnerships both internal and
external.” Kevin added “I have thoroughly enjoyed serving the company as
DOS, and I am delighted to be named GM. This opportunity in Fort Wayne
continues to be amazing with our great cluster of stations and we will
continue to do all we can to super-serve the community at large and the
advertising community.”

Adams Radio Group is a medium market media company focused on local radio
operations and creating great marketing opportunities in the local
communities. We are heavily involved in the areas we serve and are
dedicated to the growth and success of the communities and clients we
serve. Our employees are well seasoned radio professionals that know how to
work with local businesses. Our success comes from embracing the local
market, our employees, and the core values of local radio. Each of our
markets is live, local and focused to super serve!