Old March 14th 17, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Tuesday 14 March 2017

RadioInsight

DJ Riddler Joins Radio Now Houston

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...o-now-houston/

From RadioInsight

Radio One CHR 92.1 Radio Now KROI Seabrooke/Houston has made its first
hiring with the addition of Rich ‘DJ Riddler’ Pangilinan as Music Director.

Pangilinan will have an undisclosed on-air role at the station as well. He
most recently served as APD/MD/Mixer at CBS CHR Hot 95.7 KKHH from June
until its flip to Adult Hits 95.7 The Spot at the end of 2016. In addition
to KKHH, DJ Riddler has mixed for 96.5 KNRJ and 104.1 KRBE Houston and Z100
WHTZ and WKTU New York.

Radio One Houston’s KROI 92.1 Radio Now is proud to welcome our newest
addition to the team DJ Riddler!

DJ Riddler joins Radio Now Houston as the new Music Director and On-Air
Personality.

DJ Riddler is on the pulse of today’s NOW music and Billboard Magazine
lists him as one of the Top Ten Selling Artists of All Time in the
Dance/Electronic Sales Chart with the likes of Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto,
Moby others for his various mixed DJ compilations.

Riddler has officially produced remixed for Major Label Artists like
Pitbull, DNCE, Selena Gomez and many more. He was also nominated for Best
DJ in 2016 by the Houston Press. As an artist he’s been signed to some of
the biggest Electronic Dance Music Labels in the world including: Ultra
Records, MCA/Universal, Strictly Rhythm, Tommy Boy Records.

With the addition of DJ Riddler Houston can look for 92.1 Radio Now to turn
up the heat this summer as Riddler has held club residencies from New York
(Webster Hall) to Las Vegas (Hard Rock Hotel Pool) along with playing some
of the world’s biggest festivals.

Lit Nation, get ready because we’re about to get even more litty in the
city!

The post DJ Riddler Joins Radio Now Houston appeared first on RadioInsight.

SIlent Palm Springs Duo Return With Stunt Formats

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...stunt-formats/

From RadioInsight

Desert Broadcasters has returned 920 KKGX Palm Springs (formerly KPSI) and
1340 KWXY Cathedral City CA to the air and is currently stunting on both
frequencies.

KKGX and KWXY are both running hourly music block for listeners to vote on.
Among the choices are Marching Bands, Surf Music, Disco, The Hamilton
Soundtrack, and All-Macarena. A countdown clock on the website indicates
the permanent formats will launch on Thursday, March 16 at 5:00pm. 920 KGX
will eventually be rebroadcast on 99.1 K256CU when it is launched.

Both stations went dark in August 2016 as former owners Ric and Rozene
Supple ended their operations. Garry Wings Desert Broadcasters acquired the
stations in October for $375,000. Wing is a former on-air personality and
programmer who owns call-out research company Comquest.

The post SIlent Palm Springs Duo Return With Stunt Formats appeared first
on RadioInsight.

Dick Taylor: The End of Mass Media

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2017/03/1...of-mass-media/

From RadioInsight

The post Dick Taylor: The End of Mass Media appeared first on RadioInsight.

Saga Brings Pure Oldies To Des Moines

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...es-des-moines/

From RadioInsight

Saga Communications continues the roll-out of its Pure Oldies brand to what
it likes to call metro signals as 104.5 K283CC Des Moines/103.3 KAZR-HD2
Pella IA drops Conservative Talk for 1950s/60s Hits.

Des Moines becomes the third market to debut the new brand following Ithaca
NY and Springfield IL at the start of February. Like Springfield, K283CCs
1950s/1960s format will flank Sagas existing Classic Hits station in the
market: 93.3 KIOA.

The post Saga Brings Pure Oldies To Des Moines appeared first on
RadioInsight.

New PD & Morning Show For KMGA Albuquerque

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...a-albuquerque/

From RadioInsight

Cumulus Media AC 99.5 Magic-FM KMGA Albuquerque has revamped its staff with
a new morning co-host and a new Program Director/afternoon host.

Bryan Simmons took over the programming reigns at KMGA in January. Simmons
is best known for the 28 years he spent at iHeartMedia AC 103.5 KOST Los
Angeles and then 5 at CBS Radio Smooth AC 94.7 The Wave KTWV. He had also
been hosting for Cumulus Westwood One for the past four years, which will
continue.

Simmons first move was to bring in Doug Durocher as the new morning co-host
for Merideth Dunkel. Durocher most recently hosted mornings at defunct
Alternative X103.9 KCXX Riverside CA and has also worked at 105.9 KPOI
Honolulu. Durocher succeeds the role previously held by Chris Fox until his
exit last summer.

Cumulus Media announces that it has named Doug Durocher as Morning Co-Host
with Meredith Dunkel on the Meredith Doug Show on KMGA/99.5 Magic FM in
Albuquerque, NM. The show airs weekdays from 5-9am. Durocher joins KMGA
following 10 years as Morning Host on KCXX-FM in Riverside, CA, and on KPOI
in Honolulu.*

Veteran radio programming professional and on-air host Bryan Simmons also
joins KMGA as Program Director and Host of Afternoon Drive.*Simmons’ radio
career spans many years in Los Angeles; most recently, with CBS Radio’s
KTWV and prior to that, as longtime Afternoon Drive Host for iHeart Media’s
KOST-FM. He is heard nationally on Westwood One.

Brad Hansen, FM Operations Manager, Cumulus Media-Albuquerque, said: “Bryan
and Doug both bring an amazing track record of success and are already
having a very positive impact on Magic and the Albuquerque community.”

*

Durocher said: “I am overjoyed to team with Meredith Dunkel for 99.5 Magic
FM’s Meredith Doug Show. Together, we hope to completely dominate the
morning ratings in Albuquerque!”

Simmons said: “I am beyond thrilled to be working with Jeff Berry, Brad
Hansen and the entire team of professionals here in Albuquerque as well as
Mike McVay, Emily Boldon and Greg Frey, whose guidance I’m so thankful for!
I have a great airstaff anchored by a super morning team in Meredith Doug
and I know we’ll make Magic in ABQ!”

The post New PD Morning Show For KMGA Albuquerque appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Tony Russell Joins McKenzie & Jake At 98.7 The Bull Portland

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...bull-portland/

From RadioInsight

Alpha Media Country 98.7 The Bull KUPL Portland has announced the addition
of Tony Russell to the stations morning show joining incumbents McKenzie
Roth Jake Byron starting Monday, March 20.

Russell previously spent ten years as co-host at 100.7 The Wolf KKWF
Seattles Fitz In The Morning prior to exiting in October 2015. He also
spent time at WFLC Miami, KJYO Oklahoma City, and KPLX, KRBV and KVIL
Dallas.

Russell will replace Chunky on KUPLs morning show. No word on his status
with the station although as of this writing he is still listed on the
stations website as the morning host.

Alpha Media, Portland announced Tony Russell will join the morning show
team at KUPL-FM 98.7 The Bull weekdays from 5 a – 10 a. Tony’s first day on
the air is Monday, March 20, 2017.

Tony began his extensive radio career in 1998. His experience includes top
rated morning shows in major markets such as Dallas, Miami, and Seattle.

Alpha Media Executive VP of Programming, Scott Mahalick commented on the
announcement, “Tony is a genuine Country fan, people person, and stellar
talent. We are honored to have him join Alpha and the winning team on The
Bull.”

“We are honored to have a talent like Tony join us at The Bull 98.7. He is
country through and through, a very funny man and will be a great team
member for McKenzie and Jake.” remarked Alpha Media Portland’s Senior Vice
President, Market Manager, Lisa Decker.

98.7 The Bull Program Director MoJoe Roberts commented, “Tony’s passion for
super-serving the community, line up with the core values of Alpha Media.
He brings a wealth of experience, a great sense of humor and is no stranger
to our audience. We’re thrilled to turn him loose with McKinzie Jake in
mornings. Look out, Portland!”

“This is without a doubt the greatest opportunity Ive had in my
broadcasting career. I am looking forward to working with Lisa Decker, and
to once again be under the leadership of Radio Guru Scott Mahalick! Im also
excited about working with MoJoe Roberts Danny Dwyer who I consider to be
the best programming team in Country Radio today. Most importantly, I want
to thank the very talented McKinzie Roth and Jake Byron for allowing me to
join their team!” remarked Tony.

The post Tony Russell Joins McKenzie Jake At 98.7 The Bull Portland
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Cherry Blossom Radio Blooms On 104.7 Washington DC

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...washington-dc/

From RadioInsight

iHeartMedia has launched Cherry Blossom Radio on 104.7 W284CQ/WWDC-HD2
Washington DC.

The new micro-format is featuring a mix of 1980s Hits, promotions for
events connected to the annual Cherry Blossom Festival, and traffic/weather
reports. The Cherry Blossom Festival runs from March 15 through April 16.

104.7 had been running a mix of Active Rock and Washington Capitals hockey
since ending a rebroadcast of CHR Hot 99.5 WIHT in January.

The post Cherry Blossom Radio Blooms On 104.7 Washington DC appeared first
on RadioInsight.