Old March 17th 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 17 March 2017

RadioInsight

Guy David Jumps From Fond du Lac To KYGO Denver Mornings

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...nver-mornings/

From RadioInsight

Bonneville Country 98.5 KYGO Denver has filled its morning co-host opening
after over a year vacant.

Guy David, morning host at 107.1 The Bull WFON Fond du Lac WI, will join
incumbent host Tracy Dixon at KYGO in early April. David is a native
Australian who previously worked at a Los Angeles webcaster before getting
the morning job at WFON. He fills the opening created by Rynos exit back in
February of 2016.

Bonneville International’s 98.5 KYGO Denver/Boulder welcomes Guy David to
Co-Host mornings with Tracy Dixon 5am-9am. “I am beyond excited to work
with Tracy,” David said. “It’s an absolute honor to be at KYGO and
Bonneville. I look forward to getting to know the community and calling
Denver home for many years to come.”

“I have been searching for a morning host since I arrived in October” said
KYGO Program Director John E. Kage. “Guy really jumped out of the
speakers. He’s is a great storyteller, naturally funny, and engaging. With
all of the great morning radio in Denver, I feel like this immediately
gives us what we need; A unique sound with two talented and compelling
hosts on KYGO. I love Guys’ story. I feel lucky to have found someone
willing to move from Australia, then leave L.A. to chase his morning radio
dream in a small town in Wisconsin.”

David joins KYGO from K107.1 Fond du Lac, Wi., and will begin his Co-Host
duties with Tracy Dixon in early April.

The post Guy David Jumps From Fond du Lac To KYGO Denver Mornings appeared
first on RadioInsight.

96.3 RnB Austin To Move To 95.9

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...tin-move-95-9/

From RadioInsight

Entercom Urban AC 96.3 RnB K242CC/95.5 KKMJ-HD2 Austin will move to 95.9 at
9:59am on Friday, March 24.

The move to 96.3 is due to the recent sign-on of RF Services 96.3 KGID
Giddings TX displacing K242CC. While Entercom has filed a petition for
reconsideration with the FCC disputing that KGID had not been built prior
to its filing of a license to cover in late January, its own CP for K242CC
to move to 95.9 is set to expire on March 25.

The move to 95.9 will come with a power downgrade from 250 watts to 99
watts, while retaining its current 341 meter antenna height. K242CC is
usually one of the highest rated translators averaging around a 3 share.

Entercom Austin today announced that 96.3 FM RnB will move to a new
position on the dial at 95.9 FM. The station will be live on the new
frequency at 9:59 a.m. on Friday, March 24th.

“We are looking forward to welcoming all of our loyal listeners at our new
home on the dial,” said Stephanie Callihan, vice president and market
manager, Entercom Austin. “We continue to be committed to providing the
unparalleled radio experience that our fans have come to expect from us and
will keep delivering for our fans at our new frequency.”

95.9 FM will air the programming line-up and on-air personalities currently
on 96.3 FM. The frequency will go live at the beginning of the Suga Rae
show in the late morning.

The post 96.3 RnB Austin To Move To 95.9 appeared first on RadioInsight.

Easy 95.3 Debuts On Mount Washington

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...nt-washington/

From RadioInsight

Mount Washington Radio Gramophone LLC has launched Soft AC Easy 95.3 1340
WBNC Conway/95.3 W237BX North Conway NH.

The new format replaces the previous Travelers Information programming that
had aired on the station. The new format is positioned as Easy Listening
Favorites from the 1950s through today and lists Elton John, Johnny Mathis,
Diana Ross, The Beach Boys, Chicago, Nora Jones, Barry Manilow, Whitney
Houston, Air Supply, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Lionel Ritchie and Hall
and Oates as core artists.

Karen E. Williams, who previously worked at sister AAA 93.5 WMWV, will host
daily from 9am-5pm.

Mount Washington Radio Gramophone L.L.C., a locally owned and operated
radio group located in North Conway, New Hampshire, has announced a format
change to one of its three stations. WBNC will now be known as Easy 95.3fm,
featuring “easy listening favorites” from the late 1950’s through today.

Elton John, Johnny Mathis, Diana Ross, The Beach Boys, Chicago, Nora Jones,
Barry Manilow, Whitney Houston, Air Supply, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion,
Lionel Ritchie and Hall and Oates are just some of the artists that can be
heard on the new Easy 95.3. WBNC will also provide local weather reports,
as well as community happenings.

Ron Frizzell, consultant to the Mount Washington Radio Group, developed the
format specifically for the demographics of Mt. Washington Valley, where
just over 50% of the local population is over the age of 50. “I heard more
times than you can count, there was nothing for them on the radio dial.”,
Frizzell remarked. “This is a direct and tested response to that request.
The same format was launched on Cape Cod two years ago, and has become one
of the Cape’s most listened to radio stations.”

WBNC’s Stationality should also be a familiar voice to those in the
‘Valley. Karen E. Williams returns to the air-waves from 9am – 5pm , Monday
through Friday, bringing you all the hits, song and artist anecdotes and
even a memory or two from the time. Karen debuted on WMWV in 1992, as the
evening host, and hosted her very own specialty show “Prelude to the
Weekends”. She also hosted the “Sunday Morning Jazz Encounter”, beginning
in 2008.

Mount Washington Radio group President Greg Frizzell said, “We’re excited
about putting Easy 95.3 on the air, and bringing a new style of music to
the Mount Washington Valley. It just gives people more of a choice when
they want to listen to music, and I think this will appeal to an audience
that really doesn’t have a music station to listen to right now.”

For more information on WBNC Easy 95.3fm, including advertising inquiries,
please call (603)356-8870, or email .

The post Easy 95.3 Debuts On Mount Washington appeared first on
RadioInsight.

The Big Talker Returns To Wilmington NC

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...wilmington-nc/

From RadioInsight

Chad Adams Red Wolf Broadcasting (unrelated to the Connecticut based
company of the same name) will take over the LMA of Carolina Christian
Radios 106.7 WMYT Carolina Beach/Wilmington NC on Monday, March 20.

Red Wolf will relaunch the station as 106.7 The Big Talker WFBT
resurrecting the brand that was previously heard on 93.7 WNTB/106.3 WLTT
until its flip to News Port City Radio in 2013. The format change at those
stations were timed to Adams retirement from the station.

Adams will host from 9-11am while Pam John Dismukes will join for
mornings. The rest of the stations lineup will include Sean Hannity, Dave
Ramsey, Mike Gallagher, Dana Loesch, and Coast To Coast AM.

The Big Talker FM will return to the airwaves of coastal North Carolina on
Monday, March 20th on 106.7FM and will feature some familiar voices for
conservative talk listeners. The line-up includes Sean Hannity, Dave
Ramsey, Mike Gallagher, and Dana Loesch as well as the nations longest
running talk show Coast-to-Coast AM through the overnight.

Chad Adams will be returning to the airwaves as host of The Chad Adams Show
Monday through Friday from 9am-11am. He is also the CEO and a shareholder
of Red Wolf Broadcasting which is the programmer of the station. Chad’s
show has been on air with Red Wolf since May of last year and is in
syndication from Charlotte to Greensboro markets.

Its fantastic to be back on the air in the Wilmington area. The people,
businesses, listeners and elected officials were always wonderful to me,
Adams said. The political environment is always in flux and theres always a
lot to talk about. Adams was the #1 talk show host in the mornings on the
former Big Talker FM from 2010 to 2013.

The station will introduce a new morning show, “Mornings with Pam and
John,” featuring John and Pam Dismukes, weekdays from 6am-9am. Their show
will be focused on Wilmington and the surrounding area while Adams show
will focus a great deal on North Carolina and national issues.

This is a great opportunity for us and we look forward to talking all about
Southeastern NC on the new Big Talker FM, said Pam Dismukes, the morning
show co-host.

Red Wolf Broadcasting COO Johnny Shull said he believes this is an entirely
new chapter of radio for the area. There is no doubt that Wilmington and
the surrounding area have the desire and capacity for a stellar
conservative talk radio station and Wilmington’s Big Talker will be it,
said Shull.

The post The Big Talker Returns To Wilmington NC appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Station Sales Week Of 3/17

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ales-week-317/

From RadioInsight

Station Sales

Q Broadcasting is adding a second station in Tampa with the purchase of
Silent 1110 WTIS Tampa and 101.1 W266CW St. Petersburg from WTIS-AM Inc. in
a pair of transactions. In the first WTIS-AM Inc. will donate the assets of
1110 WTIS at no cost. In the second Q will pay $175,000 for W266CW. Q
Broadcasting already owns Regional Mexican La Ley 1550 WAMA Tampa and
stations in Orlando and West Palm Beach.

Larry Stecklines LS Media is selling their controlling 85% stake in Country
US 107.9 KWLS Winfield/Wichita KS to 15% owner Giddyup Radio for $2.55
million.

Bi-Media Licensee sells Spanish Christian 840 KVJY Pharr/McAllen TX to
Roberto Ruben Villarreals DAIJ Media for $910,000.

The previously announced acquisition by Twin Islands Media Group of Variety
Hits 96.5 WCTG from Sebago Broadcasting and Country “Wow 101.5” WOWZ
Chincoteague VA from from Jackman Holdings now has price tags attached.
Twin Islands will pay $225,000 to Sebago for WCTG and $110,000 to Jackman
for WOWZ. They will begin operating both stations and 87.7 WDCO-LP
Salisbury MD via LMA on April 1.

Martin Muniz acquires Regional Mexican La Brava 1440 WMVB Millville NJ from
Quinn Broadcasting for $100,000.

Inspiration Media Network is acquiring Regional Mexican La Jefa 93.9 KEXA
King City CA from Wolfhouse Radio Group for $775,000. The buyer began
operating KEXA via LMA in November 2016.

Augusta Radio Fellowship will purchase Conservative Talk 99.9 The Patriot
WNNG-FM Unadilla GA from Georgia Eagle Media for $313,000.
Translator Sales

FMX LLC purchases 98.3 W283AV Spartanburg SC from Radio Training Network as
it completes its move from 104.5 Little River SC. W283AV is now
rebroadcasting soon-to-be sister Fox Sports 1400 WSPG Spartanburg.

The post Station Sales Week Of 3/17 appeared first on RadioInsight.