Old March 22nd 17, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 22 March 2017

RadioInsight

February 2017 (2/2 - 3/1) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3

http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...e=75862 030d3

From RadioInsight

The post February 2017 (2/2 – 3/1) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3 appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Entercom Names Richard J. Schmaeling Chief Financial Officer

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ncial-officer/

From RadioInsight

Entercom has announced the hiring of Richard J. Schmaeling as Executive
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective April 18.

Schmaeling joins Entercom from Travel Leaders Group where he held CFO
duties. He has also served as CFO for television station operator LIN Media
from 2008 until its acquisition by Media General at the end of 2014 and
VP/Finance of Dow Jones.

Schmaeling will succeed Steve Fisher, who previously announced his
intentions to step down, as of April 30. Fisher will continue to assist
Entercom with the CBS Radio merger through January 2018.

Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) today announced that it has
appointed Richard J. Schmaeling as Executive Vice President and Chief
Financial Officer, effective April 18, 2017. Mr. Schmaeling will report to
David J. Field, Entercom President and Chief Executive Officer, and will
succeed Steve Fisher, who will step down on April 30, 2017, as previously
announced. Mr. Fisher will continue to assist with the CBS Radio
integration through January 2018.

Mr. Schmaeling brings deep media expertise and more than 30 years of
finance and leadership experience to Entercom. Within the media industry,
Mr. Schmaeling held the role of CFO at LIN Media (NYSE: LIN), a local TV
and digital media provider serving 23 markets and approximately 10% of U.S.
households, from 2008 until its acquisition by Media General in December
2014. Prior to joining LIN Media, Mr. Schmaeling served as Vice President,
Finance at Dow Jones, where he oversaw nine business units and held key
operational finance responsibilities. Most recently, Mr. Schmaeling served
as CFO at Travel Leaders Group, the largest travel agency company in the
United States, with over $20 billion of annual gross billings and more than
40,000 travel agents globally.

“Rich is a proven leader with an excellent track record and outstanding
reputation as a public company CFO,” said Mr. Field. “His breadth of
experience and hands-on leadership of successful integrations for the LIN
Media/Media General and News Corp/Dow Jones mergers make him an ideal
choice as we join forces with CBS Radio and position ourselves for a
dynamic future. I am thrilled to welcome Rich to Entercom.”

Mr. Field continued, “I also want to reiterate my thanks and appreciation
to Steve Fisher for his dedication to Entercom over the past 18 years and
the outstanding role he has played in our growth and success. We are
grateful for all of his contributions.”

Mr. Schmaeling commented, “I am excited to join Entercom at this pivotal
time in the Company’s history and to help drive the next era of Entercom’s
growth. I look forward to working with David and the team as we complete
and realize the full benefits of the CBS Radio transaction and position
Entercom to better serve listeners and advertisers while creating
significant value for shareholders.”

Mr. Schmaeling began his career at Arthur Andersen in the audit and
business advisory practice. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in
Accounting from Rutgers University and is a Certified Public Accountant.

The post Entercom Names Richard J. Schmaeling Chief Financial Officer
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Cumulus Turns In Albany GA AM

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...rns-albany-ga/

From RadioInsight

Cumulus Media is turning in the license of 1450 WGPC Albany GA.

WGPC went dark earlier this year after its tower was snapped in half by a
wind storm on January 2. A Cumulus official told WALB-TV that the company
was surrendering the license for WGPC rather than rebuild.

Prior to going dark the station was operating as Sports 1450 The Fan with
the national CBS Sports Radio lineup around the clock. WGPC was the first
radio station in Albany and had been operating from the same tower site
since 1940.

The post Cumulus Turns In Albany GA AM appeared first on RadioInsight.

WFML To Return To Vincennes University Operation

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...ity-operation/

From RadioInsight

After ten years under the auspices of DLC Media, Vincennes University
Foundation will resume operations of its 96.7 WFML Vincennes IN on April 1.

DLC Media has operated WFML under multiple formats including Country, Rock,
and since 2014 as Variety Hits 96.7 Jack-FM. The station will be placed
under the VU Broadcasting umbrella that operates student run Hot AC Blazer
91.1 WVUB and PBS affiliate WVUT-TV.

WFML will debut its new format on Sunday, April 2 under new Program
Director Dane Foley. Foley most recently hosted at Original Company Country
106.5 The Bullet WWBL Washington IN. The station will continue to operate
as a commercial facility.

DLC Media also announced that it will break 910 WAKO Lawrenceville IL off
of its simulcast of sister AC Lite Hits 103 103.1 WAKO-FM and will flip it
and 99.3 W257DW to Classic Country The Legend.

Vincennes University Broadcasting is excited to announce that it will
resume operation of local Vincennes radio station 96.7 WFML-FM beginning
April 1, 2017. A renewed focus on the local community will be enhanced by
a new format and on-air staff, including Program Director and longtime
local broadcaster Dane Foley, a VU alumnus. WFML’s new station format will
be fully revealed on April 2.

“I believe that we are going to fill a musical hole in our market,” said
WFML General Manager Kevin Watson. “While we have enjoyed our working
agreement with DLC Media over the past decade, we are even more thrilled
about the opportunities that operating WFML in-house will provide for our
listeners, our local community and our students.”

DLC Media, based in Washington, Indiana, has operated the station for the
past 10 years under a series of formats and moniker’s including; “True
Country-The Fox,” MAX, Max Rock and JackFM, which is the current station
name. On March 31, 2017 DLC Media’s lease with Vincennes University will
come to an end and the station will once again be operated by VU
Broadcasting, along with WVUT-TV and WVUB-FM (Blazer 91.1).

The new WFML will continue a long standing tradition of carrying Purdue
Boilermaker Basketball and Football, along with updates from Network
Indiana and full local news coverage.

We will be working closely with the Vincennes University Foundation and
other area organizations to re-focus WFML’s attention on the needs and
interests of our local community,” said VU Broadcasting’s Director of
Operations Nichole Carie. “This focus is one of the most important
responsibilities of a broadcast station and we are excited to restore that
local feel on WFML. It not only benefits our community, but also our
broadcasting students as they learn what broadcasting is all about.”

The Local Marketing Agreement between DLC Media, Inc. and Vincennes
University Foundation radio station WFML-FM 96.7 will come to an end March
31st at Midnight. DLC has operated WFML 96.7 for the past ten years,
winning two consecutive five-year terms to operate the radio station on
VU’s behalf. The station is currently a “Jack FM” format. However, the Jack
FM will not remain on WFML.

Dave Crooks is the President and General Manager of DLC Media, Inc. ‘We’ve
enjoyed our partnership with Vincennes University Broadcasting. However, VU
has decided to program WFML in-house after allowing commercial companies
the opportunity to operate WFML for the past fifteen years. I respect their
decision and wish them nothing but success with their new programming.”
Crooks added, “We hope our ten year investment has helped fund several
scholarships for the VU Foundation. It’s always a pleasure to partner with
Indiana’s First College.”

DLC Media, Inc. owns and operates 9 radio stations in the Terre Haute TV
Market. The company is based in Washington, Indiana where they operate
WAMW-FM Memories 107.9 and The General 95.9 1580 WAMW as well as five more
Radio stations in the Terre Haute Metro.

DLC Media recently purchased WAKO-FM and WAKO-AM in Lawrenceville,
Illinois. The WAKO-FM format was changed to “Lite 103” featuring Light
Adult Contemporary music. Lite 103 is also the exclusive local radio
station for Chicago Cubs Baseball.

DLC Media, Inc. also announced this week they are launching a new radio
station which will serve Lawrence and Knox Counties. According to Crooks, a
new Classic Country format will be on the air soon at 99.3 FM and 910 AM.
It will be called “The Legend”.

The post WFML To Return To Vincennes University Operation appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Doug Gottlieb Jumps To Fox Sports Radio

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-sports-radio/

From RadioInsight

The long-rumored move of Doug Gottlieb from CBS Sports Radio to Fox Sports
Radio is official.

Gottlieb will take the 3-6pm eastern timeslot vacated by Jay Mohr earlier
this year and the same daypart he is currently heard on CBS Sports Radio.
He will also serve as a basketball analyst for FS1 programs including Skip
And Shannon: Undisputed and The Herd with Colin Cowherd. He will debut on
Monday, April 24. The former Notre Dame and Oklahoma State basketball
player has also hosted shows for WWLS Oklahoma City and ESPN Radio.

CBS Sports Radio previously announced the move of Brandon Tierney and Tiki
Barber from 9am-12pm to Gottliebs afternoon timeslot and CBS Sports Network
television simulcast starting April 17.

FOX Sports Radio (FSR) announced today the addition of veteran sports media
personality Doug Gottlieb to the network’s weekday afternoon lineup.
Beginning April 24, The Doug Gottlieb Show will broadcast Monday through
Friday from 3 6 p.m. ET on more than 150 stations nationwide, as well as
FOX Sports Radio’s channel on iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s industry-leading
digital radio platform. Originating from Los Angeles, the fast-paced
program will feature Gottlieb’s unique perspective on the latest headlines,
as well as listener interaction and conversations with the biggest names in
sports.

Gottlieb will also serve as a basketball analyst for FS1, providing
insights and analysis for Skip And Shannon: Undisputed, The Herd with Colin
Cowherd and other programs.

“I couldn’t be happier to join FOX Sports Radio and FS1,” said Gottlieb.*
“This is an exciting next step in the evolution of The Doug Gottlieb
Show. *FOX Sports has created a multi-platform, innovative, high-quality
sports entertainment destination, and I’m looking forward to joining their
industry-leading lineup.”

“We are honored to have Doug Gottlieb, one of the preeminent voices in the
format, join our incredible lineup of sports entertainment personalities,”
said Don Martin, SVP Sports Programming for Premiere Networks / FSR.
“Doug’s experience behind the mic, on TV, and courtside makes him an ideal
addition to the FOX Sports family. We look forward to sharing his
quick-witted, smart and outspoken brand of entertainment with our FSR
audience.”

Gottlieb currently hosts The Doug Gottlieb Show on CBS Sports Radio and is
a featured analyst on CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network and CBSSports.com.
Previously, the former basketball standout was a college basketball analyst
at ESPN and host of The Doug Gottlieb Show on ESPN Radio. He also co-hosted
a midday sports talk show at WWLS-AM in Oklahoma City, Okla.

Gottlieb was a college basketball point guard at Notre Dame and Oklahoma
State, and graduated with a marketing degree from Oklahoma State in 2000,
holding every assists record at OSU and in the Big 12 Conference. He is
11th all-time in assists in NCAA history.

The post Doug Gottlieb Jumps To Fox Sports Radio appeared first on
RadioInsight.

JJ Ryan Moves To KJYO/KXXY Oklahoma City

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...oklahoma-city/

From RadioInsight

For the first time since 1989, iHeartMedia CHR KJ 103 102.7 KJYO Oklahoma
City has a new Program Director.

JJ Ryan, most recently PD of sister Country 92.5 The Bull KBEB Sacramento,
is transferring to KJYO and sister Country 96.1 KXY KXXY as Program
Director. At KJYO Ryan will succeed Mike McCoy, who had been at the station
as PD since 1989 and exited last week. At KXXY Ryan will succeed
iHeartMedia Senior VP/Programming Tom Travis as the day-to-day programmer
of the station. Bryan B-Dub Washington replaced Ryan as KBEB PD last week.

Prior to joining KBEB in 2014, Ryan programmed iHeart Rhythmic CHR 92.1 The
Beat KIBT and Country 106.1 The Twister KTGX Tulsa for iHeart. He has also
worked on-air in the Rochester and Syracuse NY markets and served as OM/PD
for Cumulus Medias CHRs in the Fayetteville and Fort Smith AR markets.

iHeartMedia Oklahoma City announced today that J.J. Ryan has been named
Program Director for Top 40 KJ103 and Country 96.1 KXY effective
immediately.

Ryan will work closely with on-air personalities and sales to oversee
on-air, digital and music programming for the radio station brands and
their local events.

“Were very excited to have JJ back in Oklahoma and at the helm of KJ103 and
96.1 KXY,” said Jon Phillips, Area President for iHeartMedia Oklahoma. “His
energy and passion for radio and the community will certainly benefit our
staff, listeners and advertisers.”

J.J. previously worked as the PD for iHeartMedia’s KBEB-FM in Sacramento,
Calif. He also served as the PD for KTGX and KTBT at iHeartMedia Tulsa and
as an OM for Cumulus in Fayetteville, Ark.

The post JJ Ryan Moves To KJYO/KXXY Oklahoma City appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Alpha Shakes Up Richmond Cluster

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...hmond-cluster/

From RadioInsight

With the sale of Country 98.9 The Wolf 98.9 WLFV Midlothian/100.3 WARV-FM
Petersburg to Educational Media Foundation about to close, Alpha Media has
made changes at its two remaining Richmond VA market stations.

Classic Hits 107.3 BBT WBBT-FM Powhatan has flipped to 1980s Hits
positioning as The 80s Station. WLFV middayer Jason Paige has moved to
mornings at WBBT-FM replacing now former Program Director Jim Conlee, who
exits.

WLFV/WARV-FM are currently running music beds and imaging redirecting
listeners to sister Classic Country 93.1 Hank-FM WWLB Ettrick. With The
Wolf reaching its end, WWLB has added some more recent artists such as Brad
Paisley, Blake Shelton, and Miranda Lambert to its now-mostly 80s/90s
Country playlist.

WLFV and WARV-FM are expected to join EMFs K-Love Christian AC network by
the end of this week.

The post Alpha Shakes Up Richmond Cluster appeared first on RadioInsight.

Mapleton Launches 94.1 The Bear Spokane

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...-bear-spokane/

From RadioInsight

Mapleton Communications flipped Adult Standards Magic 790 KJRB Spokane WA
to Classic Rock 94.1 The Bear at 7am on Tuesday as it signed on its new FM
translator.

Launching with the normal 10,000 songs in a row commercial free, the new
format is positioning as The Rock You Know. The new format goes up against
iHeartMedias market leading 98.9 KKZX and QueenB Radio Rock 94.5 KHTQ.
Mapleton Spokane OM Greg Tillotson will add programming duties for KJRB.

94.1 K231CU Spokane operates with 99w/408m giving nearly full market
coverage.

The post Mapleton Launches 94.1 The Bear Spokane appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Natalia Hernandez Joins Q100.5 Las Vegas For Middays

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...vegas-middays/

From RadioInsight

CBS Radio Rhythmic Hot AC Q100.5 KXQQ Henderson/Las Vegas has named Natalia
Hernandez as its new 10am-3pm host.

Hernandez joins KXQQ from weekends at sister CHR 98.5 KLUC. She has also
co-hosted mornings at Kemp Broadcasting Urban Hot 97.5 KVEG in Las Vegas
and has worked at WPOW and WXDJ Miami, WPTY Long Island, and WMBX West Palm
Beach in her career.

KXQQ Q100.5 announced today Natalia Hernandez has been named the new Midday
host on Q100.5 airing weekdays from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM effective
immediately. In addition to listening to Natalia live on Q100.5 locally,
listeners can also stream the station through q100vegas.com or the
Radio.com app for mobile devices. Prior to joining Q100.5, Natalia was
on-air with sister station 98.5 KLUC.

“It’s always rewarding when you have talented people in house and can
promote from within,” said CBS RADIO Las Vegas Operations Manager, JB
King. “Natalia has already proven to be a major assets for Q100.5.”

14 years ago I got my first radio gig at CBS RADIO in West Palm Beach and
Im so happy to be back with the company it all started with,” said Natalia.
“My career has come full circle and I have to thank our OM/PD JB King for
believing in me for the midday opportunity at Q100.5. Ive already learned
so much and am excited to keep growing with him.

The post Natalia Hernandez Joins Q100.5 Las Vegas For Middays appeared
first on RadioInsight.

February 2017 (2/2 - 3/1) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...e=75862 030d3

From RadioInsight

The post February 2017 (2/2 – 3/1) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 2 appeared
first on RadioInsight.