Old April 5th 17, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Wednesday 5 April 2017

RadioInsight

Rocking M Media To Merge With Envision Broadcast Network

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...dcast-network/

From RadioInsight

Envision Broadcast Network, owners of Hot AC Q92 The Beat 92.3 KKGQ
Newton/Wichita KS has announced it will merge into Rocking M Media.

Rocking M currently owns 24 stations in Central and Western Kansas and is
in the process of acquiring Variety Hits “97.1 Bob-FM” KIBB Haven and
Classic Country “100.5 Hank-FM” KVWF Augusta in the Wichita markets from
Connoisseur Media.

As part of the deal, Rocking M will integrate Envision Broadcast Academys
educational programs for the vision impaired into its operations in all of
its markets.

Envision today announced a merger between the Envision Broadcast Network
and Rocking M Media, LLC, a Manhattan, Kan.-based media company. The
Envision Broadcast Network was formed in October 2014 when Envision
acquired Q92 (92.3 KKGQ-FM). Envision’s desire to continue to grow and
expand employment opportunities in the radio industry for people who are
blind or visually impaired led to the merger, which represents a
collaboration of ideals between Q92 and Rocking M Media.

“Having already employed individuals with vision loss at some of its
existing stations, Rocking M Media shares Envision’s belief that people
with all abilities should have access to meaningful career paths,” said
Heather Hogan, Envision’s senior vice president of Foundation and Mission
Services. “We’re proud of our successes with the Envision Broadcast Network
and Q92. The fact that we found a radio group with the capacity to carry
out our objectives on a much wider scale will propel our mission forward.”

“All it took was one visit to Envision for us to know the Envision
Broadcast Network was something special,” said Christopher Miller, Rocking
M Media president. “We are proud to work with Envision to build awareness
and opportunity for a cause that deserves the highest level of visibility.”

Q92’s current on-air personalities who are blind or visually impaired will
be brought into the Rocking M Media family. In addition, Rocking M Media
will collaborate with Envision to take the Envision Broadcast Academy model
to its entire multistate listening area. The Envision Broadcast Academy is
a hands-on training program intended to equip youth and adults with vision
loss with the skills and encouragement they need to explore high-tech
careers in the radio industry.

About Envision: Envision (www.envisionus.com) promotes advocacy and
independence for those who are blind or low vision. Founded in 1933,
Envision is one of the largest employers of individuals with vision loss in
the nation. Headquartered in Wichita, Kan., Envision’s mission is to
improve the quality of life and provide inspiration for the blind and
visually impaired through employment, outreach, rehabilitation, education
and research. For more information, visit www.envisionus.com.

About Rocking M Media: The Rocking M Media, LLC group of 24 radio stations
covers all of Central and Western Kansas and parts of Nebraska, Colorado,
Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. The US Census puts the population under the
RMM radio stations at more than one million people. For more information,
visit www.rockingmradio.com.

The post Rocking M Media To Merge With Envision Broadcast Network appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Kool Oldies Debuts In Delmarva

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...buts-delmarva/

From RadioInsight

Adams Radio Group has launched Oldies Kool Oldies 104.3/105.1 in
Salisbury/Ocean City MD.

Airing on 104.3 W282AW Salisbury and 105.1 W286BB Ocean City via 103.9
WOCQ-HD2 Berlin, the new format goes up against Delmarva Broadcastings 97.1
The Wave WAVD Ocean Pines. The station launched as part of an April Fools
Day promotion at the Salisbury Zoo where a giant stuffed penguin hatched
from an egg. W282AW/W286BB is running a name the mascot contest for the new
station giving away a $5000 generator.

The post Kool Oldies Debuts In Delmarva appeared first on RadioInsight.

Classic Country Maverick Rides Into Escanaba MI

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...s-escanaba-mi/

From RadioInsight

Armada Media has launched Classic Country Maverick 106 106.3 WMXG
Stephenson/Escanaba MI.

As first reported by Northpine, the new format comes after a weekend of
stunting with all-Elvis. WMXG had been simulcasting News/Talk 600 WCHT
since Armanda Media began operating the station via LMA earlier this year.
The company is in the process of acquiring WMXG from Escanaba License Corp.
for $325,000.

The new Classic Country format flanks sister 102.5 The Moose WCMM Gulliver
with a playlist focusing on Country hits of the 1970s through 1990s.

The post Classic Country Maverick Rides Into Escanaba MI appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Dick Taylor: The Question Radio Itself Has Yet to Answer

https://dicktaylorblog.com/2017/04/0...yet-to-answer/

From RadioInsight

The post Dick Taylor: The Question Radio Itself Has Yet to Answer appeared
first on RadioInsight.

KHMX Launches The Morning Mix

http://radioinsight.com/headlines/11...s-morning-mix/

From RadioInsight

CBS Hot AC Mix 96.5 KHMX Houston has announced the launch of The Morning
Mix with Sarah Pepper, Geoff Sheen and Lauren Kelly starting Monday, April
10.

Pepper most recently co-hosted mornings at defunct sister CHR Hot 95.7 KKHH
until its flip to Adult Hits 95.7 The Spot at the end of 2016. Sheen most
recently hosted afternoons at iHeartMedia Sports Ticket 760 KTKR San
Antonio until May 2016. Kelly moves from afternoons at KHMX.

The Morning Mix replaces Dave, Mahoney and DK who exited in January with
Dave Farra and Jason Mahoney returning to sister Alternative X107.5 KXTE
Las Vegas.

Mix 96-5 (KHMX-FM))will launch The Morning Mix with Sarah Pepper, Geoff
Sheen and Lauren Kelly on Monday, April 10, airing weekdays from 5:30 AM –
10:00 AM. The show can be heard on-air, online at www.mix965houston.com or
via the Radio.com mobile app.

“The Morning Mix will be unlike any other morning show in Houston. We have
three unique and likeable personalities with creative perspectives and
strong opinions. They represent every member of the KHMX audience; they
are a dynamic team that will give our listeners a fresh and unique way to
start their day,” said Chase Murphy, Programming Director, KHMX Mix 96-5.

Sarah Pepper comes from CBS RADIO Houston’s sister station KKHH-FM, the
former Hot 95.7. Geoff joins the team from San Antonio’s KTKR and Lauren
Kelly moves to mornings after hosting the afternoon show.

“Being able to do mornings on a heritage station like Mix 96-5 is an
amazing opportunity and I want to thank Sarah Frazier and Chase Murphy for
such an exciting opportunity. Lauren is a talented woman, and after years
of being friends and co-workers, I am thrilled to now call her my co-host.
Geoff brings a wealth of experience and I look forward to working with him
and learning from him,” said Sarah Pepper.

“Chase Murphy is one of the smartest guys in the industry and Im thrilled
to work for him. Houston is a great city, filled with people that love to
call it home. I cannot wait to talk with them every morning,” said Geoff
Sheen.

“Ten Years ago I never imagined I would have this opportunity. From nights
to middays to afternoons to mornings, this is truly a dream come true.
With Sarah and Geoff by my side we are ready to drive you to work,
Houston!,” said Lauren Kelly, The Morning Mix co-host.

The post KHMX Launches The Morning Mix appeared first on RadioInsight.

BIA/Kelsey: CBS Radio Stations Have Narrow Victory in Dallas-Fort Worth
Radio Market

http://blog.biakelsey.com/index.php/...-radio-market/

From RadioInsight

The post BIA/Kelsey: CBS Radio Stations Have Narrow Victory in Dallas-Fort
Worth Radio Market appeared first on RadioInsight.