Old July 13th 18, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Friday 13 July 2018

RadioInsight

KPLD Rebrands As Planet 105.1

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-planet-105-1/

Canyon Media Hot AC Planet 94.1 105.1 KPLD Kanab/94.1 K231BP St. George UT
has rebranded as Planet 105.1.

The move comes as the pending sign-on of University of Utahs Public
News/Talk 93.9 KUQU Enoch will force the displacement of K231BP to 97.1. To
replace the translator signal, KPLD has a Construction Permit for a new
on-channel booster in St. George with 2.05kW/47m.

The 94.1 translator, owned by Carl Reick, holds a CP to move to 97.1. No
word on the future plans for that signal yet.

The post KPLD Rebrands As Planet 105.1 appeared first on RadioInsight.

Nieman Journalism Lab: AM/FM radio holds strong for American listeners

http://www.niemanlab.org/2018/07/am-...can-listeners/

The post Nieman Journalism Lab: AM/FM radio holds strong for American
listeners appeared first on RadioInsight.

Chicago Sun-Times: Sports media: DeCastro discusses Score changes, which
win in spring ratings book

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...-ratings-book/

The post Chicago Sun-Times: Sports media: DeCastro discusses Score changes,
which win in spring ratings book appeared first on RadioInsight.

Station Sales Week Of 7/13

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-week-of-7-13/

A week after selling 92.5 KKHA, Tomlinson-Leis Communications sells its
other station in Markham TX as Hot AC 104.5 The Bay KBYC goes to Centro
Cristiano de Vida Eterna for $110,000.

First Dallas Media sells 91.5 KCBK Frederick/Lawton OK to South Central
Oklahoma Christian Broadcasting for $250,000. The station will join the
buyers Southern Gospel The Gospel Station Network upon closing.

Seven Mountains Media acquires Sports 1220 WJUN Mexico PA and the CP for
107.5 W298CR Mexico from Starview Media for $70,500. Seven Mountains
previously acquired WJUNs two FM sister stations from the seller in 2014.

Clarence Gay and AD Whitehurst are buying out their six other partners
holding a 50% stake in Hour Group Broadcasting and their News/Talk 1430
WLTG Panama City FL and the CP for 101.7 W269DR Panama City for a combined
$13,000.

Tom Lisa Fleetwoods Fleetwood Communications acquires News/Talk 1460 WZEP
and the CP for 107.1 W296DT Defuniak Springs FL from Kyzer Communications
Corporation for $183,000. An LMA began on July 1.

New Beginnings Movement sells 89.9 WTRE-FM Greensburg IN to Two Black
Cadillacs Inc. for $60,000.

Tri-States Broadcasting sells Country 1450 KVSI and translators 101.7
K269FQ and the CP for 104.5 K283CX Montpelier ID to SVI Media for $200,000.
Translator Sales

Shelby Broadcast Associates sells 96.5 W243AP Mooresville and 97.5 W248CE
Gadsden AL to Cameron Reynolds for $22,000. W243AP is licensed to
rebroadcast Sports ESPN 1400 WWTM Decatur, while W248CE will rebroadcast
Rock 105.9 WKLS Southside.

The post Station Sales Week Of 7/13 appeared first on RadioInsight.

People Moves 7/12

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...le-moves-7-12/

Vicki Oh Ochoa is joining Bonneville Hot AC Now 100.5 KZZO Sacramento for
middays. Ochoa joins from weekends at Cumulus Media CHR Hot 93.3 KLIF-FM
Dallas. She fills the spot most recently held by Megan Rage until her exit
earlier this year.

iHeartMedia CHR Z107.1 WERZ Exeter/Portsmouth NH Program Director Jadd
Naamani is transferring within the company to 92.1 The Beat KTBT Tulsa for
similar duties. Naamani, who hosted afternoons in New Hampshire since 2012
will move to middays in Tulsa.

Clarity Communications Classic Country Hank 96.1 WLXO Stamping
Ground/Lexington KY morning host Karl Shannon has announced he will retire
effective September 14. Shannon joined WLXO in 2014 after long runs at WLXX
and WBUL in the market as well as WAKY Louisville and WSM Nashville.

Bonneville News/Talk 97.3 KIRO-FM Tacoma/Seattle has announced the return
of Jillian Raftery as midday news editor and Heather Bosch as afternoon
news anchor.

Raftery previously worked at the station from 2011-2016 in multiple roles
including digital editor, social media manager, midday and morning editor,
reporter, and fill-in anchor. Bosch returns to KIRO-FM from CBS Radio News
where she served as a national correspondent. She previously worked at the
station from 2003-2013. In a press statement Program Director Ryan Maguire
said, “Heather and Jillian are great additions to our award-winning and
diverse news team. I want to thank our Managing Editor Colleen O’Brien for
her work in these very thorough job searches. We’re proud that KIRO
continues to attract the best and brightest in the industry.”

A few staff additions to announce at KIRO Radio:

Jillian Raftery will be returning to Seattle after two years of living the
Canadian lifestyle to become our Midday News Editor, commanding the desk
from 10am-6:30pm. From Jillian:

“I fell in love with radio and storytelling listening to KIRO Radio growing
up. I started my career at the station in 2011 as an intern and after
graduating from college returned and worked my way through many roles on
the digital and news teams, serving as digital editor, social media
manager, midday and morning editor, reporter, as well as filling in on
anchor shifts. I moved to Vancouver, BC in 2016 to support my husbands
career in the tech industry. Since then, I have worked for a boutique
luxury goods import firm as a sales and marketing consultant. I am thrilled
to come home and get to know the ever-changing Seattle landscape all over
again.”

Heather Bosch is returning to a full-time role at KIRO Radio as our
Afternoon News Anchor. This is her second stint at KIRO after spending the
last 5 years at CBS Radio News in NY as a National Correspondent. She’ll
be heard Monday through Friday 3pm-6:30pm. From Heather:

I’m thrilled to be back at KIRO Radio: my broadcast home for ten years!
After five years as a Manhattan-based CBS Network News Correspondent, I’m
eager to share what I’ve learned while covering big, breaking news stories
like the Boston Marathon bombing, and investigating more complex issues,
such as the experience of women serving in the US military.

Heather has won six Murrows, three Gracie Awards and two Headliner Awards
in her illustrious career.

Maxwell Schaeffer, who recently exited mornings at Saga Classic Hits 93.3
KIOA Des Moines after 23 years in the spot, is joining iHeartMedia Des
Moines as Director of Promotions and Marketing effective August 10.

iHeartMedia announced today that Maxwell Schaeffer has been named Director
of Promotions and Marketing for iHeartMedia Des Moines, effective August
10. iHeartMedia Des Moines has a strong cross-platform presence and
includes a number of iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and
digital — encompassing eight stations comprised of music, talk and news
formats.

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
In his new role Schaeffer will be responsible for leading the day-to-day
promotional and marketing operations of the radio stations, overseeing
promotional campaigns and events for the market, including on-air, online,
social media, station personalities and live events. Schaeffer will also
make on-air appearances across all Des Moines stations, including 100.3 The
Bus and News Radio 1040 WHO, making a special appearance on the Van and
Bonnie In The Morning show during the 2018 Iowa State Fair.

“Everyone in Des Moines knows Maxwell,” said Joel McCrea, Area Market
President-Iowa. “He is a friend to many charitable organizations as well as
the arts, and the business community, giving him a solid understanding and
connection to the market.”

Schaeffer joins iHeartMedia Des Moines from Des Moines Radio Group where he
served 23 years as a morning show host on KIOA-FM. He began his career at
KVIC-FM in Victoria, Texas and is a graduate of Shippensburg University of
Pennsylvania. Schaeffer is also a member of the Iowa Rock n’ Roll Hall of
Fame.

Im thrilled to continue my relationship with Iowas passionate radio fans
and the community that I’ve known for decades,” said Schaeffer. “We have an
amazing team at iHeartMedia Des Moines and we’re looking forward to
continuing to use our stable of station brands to help our business and
advertising partners best serve consumers and listeners.”

The post People Moves 7/12 appeared first on RadioInsight.

June 2018 (5/24 - 6/20) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3

https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/futu...3?e=75862030d3

The post June 2018 (5/24 – 6/20) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3 appeared
first on RadioInsight.

iHeartMedia Appoints New Region Presidents In Detroit & Philadelphia

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-philadelphia/

iHeartMedia has announced that Detroit Region President Nick Gnau will
relocate to the same position in Philadelphia, while Paul Corvino takes his
former position.

Gnau has served as Region President in Detroit since 2016 after serving as
Detroit Market President from 2012-2016. He has been with the company for
over 25 years previously serving as Market Manager in Dayton and Lima OH.
He supplants Rich Lewis, who segues to the new role of Vice President of
Multi-Market Partnerships for the company.

Corvino joins iHeartMedia from Clear Channel Outdoor Americas where he was
Midwest Region President. He has also worked for AOL, the New York Times
and Cablevision Systems in his career. The Detroit region includes Detroit,
Grand Rapids, and Muskegon MI and Toledo OH.

iHeartMedia announced today that Paul Corvino has been named Region
President for iHeartMedia Detroit and Nick Gnau has been named Region
President for iHeartMedia Philadelphia, effective immediately. Gnau and
Corvino will report to Tom McConnell, President of iHeartMedia’s East
Division.

iHeartMedia Detroit and iHeartMedia Philadelphia both have strong
cross-platform presence market-wide and include a number of powerful and
iconic brands and franchises — both broadcast and digital — across stations
with music, talk and news formats. As Detroit Region President, Corvino
will work with the programming, business and sales teams for all station
brands in Detroit to oversee on-air and digital programming as well as
create new business and revenue opportunities. Gnau will have the same
responsibilities for iHeartMedia’s market-leading radio station brands in
Philadelphia.

“Nick and Paul are great leaders with successful track records and who have
done an extraordinary job for us across multiple markets and platforms,”
said McConnell. “Their vast experience and proven leadership and
performance results have shown that they are the perfect candidates to
continue to further accelerate growth and innovation across these regions.

Gnau has been with iHeartMedia for over 25 years and most recently served
as Region President for iHeartMedia Detroit, where he oversaw the Detroit,
Grand Rapids, Toledo and Muskegon, Michigan markets. His background also
includes serving as a Regional Market Manager and Vice President in a
variety of markets including Dayton, Lima and Marion in Ohio. Gnau is a
board member for Detroit Radio Advertising Group and is part of the Ad
Council Local Advisory Board.

Corvino joins iHeartMedia Detroit from Clear Channel Outdoor Americas,
where he most recently served as Regional President for its Midwest Region.
He brings over 25 years of executive management experience to his new role,
including positions at AOL, the New York Times and Cablevision Systems.
Corvino was also the founder and president of C2MediaSales.com, an
advertising, sponsorship and business development organization.

In addition, iHeartMedia announced that Rich Lewis will transition to the
role of Vice President of Multi-Market Partnerships, lending his executive
leadership and expertise to iHeartMedia’s Multi-Market Partnerships/Total
Traffic Weather Network team and reporting to Julie Donohue, Senior Vice
President of Multi-Market Partnerships.

The post iHeartMedia Appoints New Region Presidents In Detroit
Philadelphia appeared first on RadioInsight.