Old August 9th 18, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 9 August 2018

RadioInsight

July 2018 (6/21 - 7/18) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 4

https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/futu...1?e=75862030d3

The post July 2018 (6/21 – 7/18) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 4 appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Melissa Moore Moves From KYGO To KOSI As Jackie Selby Moves To Middays

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...es-to-middays/

Following the exit of Denise Plante last month, Bonneville AC 101.1 KOSI
Denver will revamp its weekday lineup starting September 4.

Afternoon host Jackie Selby will slide to the midday slot previously held
by Plante. Selby is in her second tour with KOSI where she held middays
from 2008-2012 and then returned in afternoons in December 2015. She has
also worked in the market at Alternative 96.5 The Peak KXPK, Modern AC
Alice 106 KALC, Classic Hits Kool 105 KXKL, and Standards 101.5 Martini on
the Rockies KTNI.

Filling Selbys afternoon slot will be Melissa Moore, who slides over from
middays at sister Country 98.5 KYGO. Moore has been with KYGO since October
2013 and previously served as morning co-host at KOSI in the late 1990s.
Since then she has worked at Country K92 WWKA Orlando, Hot AC KS 95 KSTP-FM
Minneapolis, and hosted afternoons on the Way-FM Christian AC network.

The post Melissa Moore Moves From KYGO To KOSI As Jackie Selby Moves To
Middays appeared first on RadioInsight.

KPRO Signs-Off Following Land Sale

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ing-land-sale/

Impact Radio Christian 1570 KPRO Riverside CA has joined the list of AM
stations going off the air as its land value exceeds that of the stations.

The Press-Enterprise reports that the station ceased broadcasting on
Friday, August 3. Co-owner Ronnie Olenick told the newspaper, “We tried to
sell the station but could not find a buyer for it, and that’s why it’s now
dark. But the land the transmitter and studios are on was sold; the
developer will be building new houses on the property.

Unlike other stations KPRO has not turned in its license, but has filed a
silent STA to give a possibility for a buyer for the station assets to be
found and to diplex with another local AM.

The post KPRO Signs-Off Following Land Sale appeared first on RadioInsight.

TuneIn Announces Addition Of Cumulus Media Stations To Its App

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ns-to-its-app/

TuneIn has announced a deal to bring Cumulus Medias 441 stations back to
their platform.

The deal will also include distribution of podcasts from the Westwood One
Podcast Network. Cumulus previously had a deal to distribute their streams
on the iHeartRadio app, where as of this moment they remain. The addition
of Cumulus Medias stations helps TuneIn following the loss of Entercoms
stations from the platform last month.

TuneIn, Inc., the leading global live audio streaming service, and CUMULUS
MEDIA, one of the largest media companies in the U.S., today announced that
they have signed an agreement that will bring all 441 of CUMULUS MEDIAS
owned-and-operated stations across 90 U.S. markets to the TuneIn platform
as well as distribution of the podcasts from Westwood One Podcast Network.
The deal will bring market-leading stations to TuneIns 75 million monthly
listeners across more than 200 platforms and connected devices including
smart speakers, beginning today.

As the worlds leader in live digital audio, we are thrilled to provide our
listeners access to some of the best live station programming across
sports, news, talk and music and entertainment, as well as popular podcasts
and other on-demand content offered by CUMULUS MEDIA, said John Donham,
Chief Executive Officer at TuneIn. We look forward to a long and successful
partnership as we grow the next chapter of the audio business together.

We understand that consumers engage with content across multiple platforms
and devices. We put our listeners first, and we have made it our mission to
provide a modern and platform-agnostic listening experience, said Mary G.
Berner, President and Chief Executive Officer at CUMULUS MEDIA. Expanding
our partnership with TuneIn takes our distribution and promotional
opportunities to the next level, exposing our portfolio of leading
stations, shows and programs to new fans across streaming, podcast, and
voice AI technologies.

This multi-year partnership serves as an expansion of an existing agreement
between TuneIn and Westwood One, a subsidiary of CUMULUS MEDIA, broadening
the reach and accessibility of high-quality content to highly engaged audio
lovers. Some of the market leading stations that will now be available to
TuneIns global listeners include:

WPLJ-FM (95.5 in New York)
KSFO-AM (560 in San Francisco)
KTCK-AM (1310 in Dallas)
KLOS-FM (95.5 Los Angeles)
WLS-AM (890 in Chicago)
WMAL-AM and FM (105.9 and 630 in Washington, D.C.)
WPRO-FM (92.3 in Providence)

The post TuneIn Announces Addition Of Cumulus Media Stations To Its App
appeared first on RadioInsight.

WPZR Completes Rebrand As Detroit Praise Network As EMF Closes On 102.7
Purchase

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...02-7-purchase/

Urban One Gospel Praise 102.7 WPZR Mount Clemens/Detroit is officially no
more as the format has completed its move to a network of four translators.

The Detroit Praise Network consists of three translators acquired by Urban
One in the sale of WPZR to Educational Media Foundation: 93.5 W228CJ
Detroit, 93.5 W228CU Riverview, 98.3 W252BX Detroit and the previously
owned 99.9 W260CB Detroit. The four signals combine to cover most of
Detroit and its surrounding suburbs. Programming will originate from 105.9
WDMK-HD2.

One programming change accompanies the move as Mildred Gaddis talk show
moves from 10am-12pm on WPZR to Sunday mornings on sister Urban AC 105.9
Kiss-FM WDMK. Gaddis will also take on the additional role of Community
Director for Urban One Detroit.

With the closing of the $12,229,000 sale of WPZR to EMF, that station will
debut the Christian AC K-Love network programming with new WDKL call
letters now in place.

The post WPZR Completes Rebrand As Detroit Praise Network As EMF Closes On
102.7 Purchase appeared first on RadioInsight.

July 2018 (6/21 - 7/18) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3

https://mailchi.mp/tomtaylornow/futu...9?e=75862030d3

The post July 2018 (6/21 – 7/18) Nielsen Audio PPM Ratings Day 3 appeared
first on RadioInsight.