Old September 27th 18, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Thursday 27 September 2018

RadioInsight

TuneIn Launches New Hip-Hop Discovery Channels

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/170851/170851/

TuneIn has announced the launch of a pair of hip-hop stations programmed by
former Real 92.3 KRRL Los Angeles Music Director DJ Carisma.

The Element will be curated to focus on breaking and supporting new
artists. It will be followed by The Element West focusing on west coast
artists with street followings and internet buzz. DJ Carisma joined TuneIn
earlier this year as artist relations lead and Hip-Hop/RB curator.

TuneIn, Inc., the leading global live audio streaming service, today
announced the launch of ‘The Element,” a new hip-hop station hosted by West
Coast trendsetter and co-creator of the Young California movement DJ
Carisma. This will be followed in the coming weeks with the launch of West
Coast-specific version called ‘The Element West,” also hosted and curated
by DJ Carisma.

“‘The Element’ combines my personal passion of breaking and supporting new
artists with TuneIn’s commitment to deliver the world’s best listening
experiences.” said DJ Carisma, Hip-Hop / RB curation and artist relations
lead at TuneIn. “I’ve dedicated my life to promoting the music and artists
I believe in and ‘The Element’ takes this dedication to a whole new level.
We are changing the industry!

‘The Element,’ which will replace ‘Hip Hop Beat,’ is a first-of-its-kind
station that is both uncensored and expertly curated, featuring music and
artists that TuneIn’s 75 million listeners won’t hear anywhere else. Each
week, a new artist will help DJ Carisma pick the music and provide
live-to-tape commentary. Confirmed artists include Sheck Wes, Black
Youngsta, G Herbo, and King Combs.

“Carisma, I see what you’re doin’, and I love what you’re doin’,” said DJ
Khaled. “‘The Element.’ That’s right, hip hop. Everybody tune in to ‘The
Element!’”

As a part of DJ Carisma’s commitment to west coast artists, ‘The Element
West’ will launch on TuneIn on October 11. ‘The Element West’ will be the
first ever 24 hour station dedicated to nothing but West Coast artists and
culture, giving independent artists with huge street followings and
internet buzz the attention they wouldn’t traditionally receive from local
terrestrial radio stations.

DJ Carisma female DJ of the Year, joined TuneIn earlier this year with the
mission to continue breaking new artists while living between radio and
on-demand. One of the only female DJs in the country, DJ Carisma previously
served as the Music Director at REAL 92.3 and as on-air talent at POWER
106, both in Los Angeles.

To start listening to ‘The Element’ now, visit
https://listen.tunein.com/TheElement and stay tuned for the launch of ‘The
Element West’ in the coming weeks.

The post TuneIn Launches New Hip-Hop Discovery Channels appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Jeff Miles Joins KLUV Dallas For Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-for-mornings/

With the departure of Jody Dean from mornings at Entercom Classic Hits 98.7
KLUV Dallas, the station has announced Jeff Miles will debut as host of
Miles In The Morning on Monday, October 1.

Miles most recently served as interim morning host at Entercom Classic Hits
104.3 WOMC Detroit. He has also hosted mornings at KCYY San Antonio and
WKLB Boston as well as other on-air positions at WPLJ New York, WWWQ
Atlanta, and KHKS, KRBV, and KSCS Dallas.

Rebekah Black and David Rancken will continue on as the co-hosts of the
KLUV morning show.

The post Jeff Miles Joins KLUV Dallas For Mornings appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Hubbard To Acquire Alpha Media West Palm Beach

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...st-palm-beach/

Alpha Media has announced it has agreed to sell its six stations and one
translator in West Palm Beach FL to Hubbard Radio.

While a contract has not yet been signed, Alpha states the two sides have
agreed in principle on a deal which will send Hot AC 97.9 WRMF, Urban AC
X102.3 WMBX, Country 103.1 WIRK, AC Sunny 107.9 WEAT, Urban Beatz 96.3
W242CI, Sports 640 The Hurricane WMEN and News/Talk 850 WFTL to Hubbard.

Alpha acquired the FM side of the cluster as part of its purchase of Digity
in 2016 and then added the two AMs from the bankruptcy of James Crystal
Enterprises in February 2017.

INSTANT INSIGHT: The deal announcement comes just after Hubbard Radio CEO
Ginny Morris stated she was skeptical about needing to grow for the sake of
growing. Obviously Hubbard sees West Palm Beach as a way to get better.
Meanwhile, the Alpha programmers all found out about the loss of the
companys third biggest market via the press release being sent while at a
corporate dinner.

“Radio is a local business. We don’t have to be bigger. We will only get
bigger is we can get better. Our industry is still trying to work out of
the reckless we have to get bigger at any cost. If the FCC opens
regulations, we can’t do that a second time” Hubbards Ginny Morris

- RadioInsight.com (@radioinsight) September 26, 2018

Alpha Media has reached an agreement in principle to sell its six radio
stations in West Palm Beach to Hubbard Radio.
[WRMF-WIRK-WMEN-WFTL-WEAT-WMBX]

Terms of the sale have not been disclosed, while Alpha says a definitive
sales contract hasn’t yet been signed and is subject to satisfying any
conditions contained in those agreements.

Alpha employs roughly 105 people in West Palm Beach, including full-time
and part-time employees. The company has had a presence there since
February 2016 when it purchased the stations from Digity LLC.

The exit from West Palm Beach leaves Alpha with 213 stations in 46 markets
around the country. The company has been selling off assets to lower its
debt leverage.

The post Hubbard To Acquire Alpha Media West Palm Beach appeared first on
RadioInsight.