Old June 4th 19, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default [RadioInsight] WKBI Flips To Conservative Talk

RadioInsight

WKBI Flips To Conservative Talk

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ervative-talk/

Laurel Media has flipped Standards Classy 1400/94.5 WKBI/W233BS St. Marys
PA to Conservative Talk News Talk 1400 and 94.5.

The station will carry a syndicated lineup including Glenn Beck, Rush
Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.

The post WKBI Flips To Conservative Talk appeared first on RadioInsight.

Washingtonian: A WTOP Test Interrupted Lots of DC Radio and TV Stations
Last Night

https://www.washingtonian.com/2019/0...ns-last-night/

The post Washingtonian: A WTOP Test Interrupted Lots of DC Radio and TV
Stations Last Night appeared first on RadioInsight.

Adams Appoints Lisa Layne As Salisbury/Ocean City Market Manager

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...arket-manager/

Lisa Layne is joining Adams Radio Groups Salisbury/Ocean City MD cluster as
VP/GM starting June 17.

Layne joins Adams from Forever Medias recently acquired Country 103.7 WXCY
Havre de Grace MD where she has served as General Sales Manager since 2014.
She has also served as GSM for iHeartMedia Lynchburg VA and Nassau
Broadcasting Stroudsburg PA during her career. She began her sales career
for Entercom Greensboro NC in 2006 after co-hosting mornings at Country
B99.9 WZBB Stanleytown VA for a decade.

Adams Radio of Delmarva has announced a new VP/GM for the market. Lisa
Layne assumes her new role on June 17 for the Adams Cluster including
WZBH :The Beach”, WOCQ “OC 104”, WGBG “BIG 107.7”, WUSX “Everything
Country” and KOOL FM.

Lisa began her radio career nearly 25 years ago as a part time weekend DJ
at her local radio station in Danville, Virginia. She continued to grow and
eventually landed a morning show in Southern Virginia at WZBB “B99” as part
of “Glenn Lisa in the Morning”. After 11 years on the air Lisa made the
move to sales in Greensboro NC with Entercom. After Greensboro, Lisa served
as GM in in the Poconos for Nassau Broadcasting. After making a move back
to southern Virginia and several years with iHeart in Roanoke and
Lynchburg, Virginia she transferred to iHeart DC. She has served as GSM for
Delmarva Broadcasting (now Forever Media) at WXCY in Maryland since 2014.

Lisa says of her new role with Adams Radio Group, “I have enjoyed the
journey my career has taken me and especially my time at 103.7 WXCY. I will
miss my team…my work family… and the community I have grown to love. I am
so excited for this next chapter of my radio career. I’m confident that as
the new leader for Adams Radio Delmarva we will grow our brands and get
even better results for our clients. I look forward to serving the
community and building a legacy we all at Adams Radio can be proud of.”

Ron Stone, CEO of Adams added “Lisa is a strong, sales focused manager
combined with terrific knowledge of programming. She brings to the market a
new level of broadcast excellence. We are very excited about her leading
our team in Maryland where I know she will make a tremendous impact in our
building and in our community. She will lead three of the market’s heritage
stations (WZBH “The Beach”, WOCQ “OC104” and WGBG “BIG 107.7”) along with
two new brands launched in the past 3 years WUSX “Everything Country” and
KOOL FM”).

The post Adams Appoints Lisa Layne As Salisbury/Ocean City Market Manager
appeared first on RadioInsight.

A New Star Rises With Hot AC In Raleigh

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ac-in-raleigh/

Curtis Media Group launched Hot AC 92.9 Star-FM 570 WPLW//94.7
WQDR-HD3/92.9 W225DF Raleigh NC this morning.

The new format replaces Classic Country Just Right Country on 570, which
changes call letters from WQDR. Positioned as The Triangles Best Variety,
the new format is launching with the syndicated Bob Sheri show in mornings
from 5-10am.

The new format fills a hole in the market where it will flank Curtis
Variety Hits 96.1 BBB WBBB and CHR Pulse-FM 96.9 WWPL/102.5 WPLW-FM against
Capitol Broadcasting AC Mix 101.5 WRAL-FM and iHeartMedia CHR G105 WDCG.

The post A New Star Rises With Hot AC In Raleigh appeared first on
RadioInsight.

Bill Black Named iHeartMedia Detroit Director Of Urban Programming

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...n-programming/

Former Radio One Cleveland Regional OM/PD Bill Black is joining iHeartMedia
Detroit as Director of Urban Programming.

Black will program Urban AC Mix 92.3 WMXD and Urban 97.9 WJLB and fills the
position held by Nate Bell until his exit in March. Bell programmed Urban
AC 93.1 WZAK and Urban “Z107.9” WENZ Cleveland as well as serving as APD/MD
for “Hot 107.9” WHTA Atlanta during his time with Radio One. He has also
worked at WZHT Montgomery, WFXE Columbus GA, and WHXT Columbia SC in his
career.

iHeartMedia announced today that Bill Black has been named Director of
Urban Programming for 97.9 WJLB, Detroit’s Hip-Hop RB and MIX 92.3,
Detroit’s RB and Throwbacks, effective immediately. iHeartMedia Detroit has
a strong cross-platform presence and includes a number of iconic brands and
franchises — both broadcast and digital — encompassing more than six
stations comprised of music, talk and news formats.

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
As Director of Urban Programming, Black will be responsible for overseeing
the day-to-day operations of 97.9 WJLB and MIX 92.3’s music, programming,
imaging and branding. He will report to Tony Travatto, Regional Senior Vice
President of Programming for iHeartMedia Detroit.

“Bill is a highly successful programmer with a proven track record and we
are thrilled to have him on the team,” said Travatto. “His knowledge of
Urban radio is unparalleled and I know he will contribute to each station’s
success.”

Black joins the iHeartMedia Detroit market from Radio One in Cleveland,
Ohio where he most recently served as the Program Director for WZAK and
WENZ. He also served as the Assistant Program Director for WHXT in
Columbia, South Carolina. He began his career at WZHT in Montgomery,
Alabama.

“I am really thrilled to join the iHeartMedia team and be able to do what I
love,” said Black. “The talented programmers that I get to collaborate
with, coupled with these legendary Detroit Urban stations are unmatched and
I’m excited to get to work.”

The post Bill Black Named iHeartMedia Detroit Director Of Urban Programming
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Dustin Fletcher Matthews Takes WEND Programming Reins

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ramming-reins/

Following yesterdays announcement that Chuck DZL Thompson would shift from
programming Alternative 106.5 The End WEND Salisbury/Charlotte NC to
Country 96.9 The Kat WKKT Statesboro/Charlotte, iHeartMedia has appointed
his successor.

Dustin Fletcher Matthews will leave his position as Director of Alternative
Programming for iHeartMedias St. Louis region where has programmed Alt
104.9 KLLT Columbia IL/St. Louis and Alt 106.3” KDXA Ankeny/Des Moines
since 2016. He also previously programmed XL 102.1 WRXL Richmond where he
worked under current iHeartMedia Regional Senior VP/Programming Chadwick
AJ” Hausknecht.

iHeartMedia announced today that Dustin “Fletcher” Matthews has been named
Program Director for 106.5 The End, Charlotte’s Alternative Rock, effective
June 10. iHeartMedia Charlotte has a strong cross-platform presence and
includes a number of iconic brands and franchises – both broadcast and
digital – encompassing more than five stations comprised of music, talk and
news formats.

iHeartMedia has the leading consumer reach and influence across multiple
platforms and delivers more live programming than any other media company.
As Program Director, Dustin will be responsible for overseeing the
day-to-day operations of the station’s music, on-air personalities,
programming, promotions and digital operations. He will report to Chadwick
“A.J.” Hausknecht, Region Senior Vice President for iHeartMedia’s
Virginia-Carolina Region.

“Dustin is one of the best alternative format programmers in the country,”
said A.J. “His unmeasurable creativity and distinctive out-of-the-box
thinking will be a great addition to our super passionate and strategic
programming family here at iHeartMedia Charlotte.”

Dustin brings over 10 years of programming expertise to his new role.
Before joining 106.5 The End, he served as Director of Alternative Rock
Programming for iHeartMedia’s St. Louis Region. Throughout his extensive
career, he has held several programming roles for various station’s
including KLLT-FM in St. Louis, Missouri; KDXA-FM in Des Moines, Iowa;
WRXL-FM in Richmond, Virginia; WFNX-FM in Boston; WFXH-FM in Savannah,
Georgia; WDYL-FM in Richmond, Virginia; and WFNZ-FM in Knoxville,
Tennessee. Dustin began his career at WIMZ-FM in Knoxville.

“It’s truly an honor to join the iHeartMedia Charlotte team and I am beyond
thrilled to work with the esteemed ‘The Woody Wilcox Show,’ and popular
on-air personalities like Tamo and Palmer to lead the legendary 106.5 The
End into its 25th year,” said Dustin. “Thanks to the entire iHeartMedia
senior leadership team for their support and this incredible opportunity. I
am excited for what we have in store.”

The post Dustin Fletcher Matthews Takes WEND Programming Reins appeared
first on RadioInsight.

Saga Launches EZ 92.7 Jonesboro

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...2-7-jonesboro/

Saga Communications flipped Sports ESPN Jonesboro K224DW Jonesboro/KDXY-HD3
Lake City AR to Soft AC EZ 92.7 on Monday.

The new format is created to flank sister Hot AC Mix 106.3 KJBX with an
emphasis on Soft hits of the 1970s and 80s. Core artists listed include
Elton John, Billy Joel, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Hall Oates, Michael
Jackson, Phil Collins, and Air Supply. EZ 92.7 will also attack MOR Media
AC 99.3 Jill-FM KTPG.

Jonesboro Radio Group is pleased to announce the arrival of the all new EZ
92.7 (KDXY-HD3) station!

Previously known as ESPN Jonesboro, EZ 92.7 will feature feel-good Soft
Adult Contemporary music for anyone who love soft rock from the 70s and 80s.

“We’ve designed EZ FM as an at-work station, featuring the best soft and
easy favorites of the last four decades. These are very familiar songs
that often slip through the cracks of other stations with proven artists
like Elton John, Chicago, Air Supply and Whitney Houston,” explained
Operations Manager and 104.9 The Fox Air Personality Rob West.

This station offers a wide variety of calming, contemporary favorites from
artists such as Elton John, Billy Joel, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Hall
Oates, Michael Jackson, Phil Collins, Air Supply, and etc.

“We decided on this programming to complement our other stations, and we’re
confident it will find an audience right away,” explained General Sales
Manager/ Station Manager Christie Matthews.

“The format will be music intensive, with no announcers and limited
interruptions that will target in-office listeners and those who would
rather hear more music and less talk,” added President/General Manager Trey
Stafford.

The areas EZ 92.7 will reach include Jonesboro, Paragould, Trumann, Weiner,
Bono, Brookland, and Lake City.

The post Saga Launches EZ 92.7 Jonesboro appeared first on RadioInsight.

People Moves 6/3: Corinna Delgado Drives Over To 94.7 Washington

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...-7-washington/

The first staffer from one of Cumulus Medias sign-offs last week to
reappear elsewhere is former Mix 107.3 WRQX Washington DC midday host
Corinna Delgado.

Delgado joins Entercom Classic Hits 94.7 The Drive WIAD Bethesda/Washington
as Jason Kidds morning co-host. Delgado came to Washington in September
2018 after previously hosting weekends at CHR 104.1 KRBE Houston. She has
also worked for Cumulus Q94 KQXY Beaumont TX and had been filling in
recently in nights at Q99.7 WWWQ Atlanta. Delgado continues to voicetrack
middays at Movin 105.7 KMVN Anchorage AK where she previously worked as
morning co-host and Digital Director.

Nugget Johnson has exited mornings at Flinn CHR Q107.5 WHBQ-FM
Germantown/Memphis TN to join 97.8 Dance-FM in Dubai UAE. Nugget joined
WHBQ-FM in February 2016 from the same position at Alpha Medias Energy 94.1
KTFM San Antonio. He has also worked at KHTT Tulsa, WHPP and WJFX Fort
Wayne, and WNOW-FM New York during his career.

With Nuggets exit, midday host Andrew Latty Latimer moves to mornings
alongside Liz Ludeman.

Curtis Gross has exited co-hosting mornings at Midwest Communications AC FM
106.5 WVFM Kalamazoo MI after just seven months alongside Kim Carson. Gross
previously co-hosted mornings at WZEE Madison, WRNW-FM Milwaukee and WLHT
Grand Rapids alongside Connie Kellie from 2010 until 2017.

Beasley Media Country 99.5 WQYK Tampa has added Anthony Capra for nights
using the on-air name Keebler. Capra previously hosted afternoons at Dick
Broadcasting CHR “Hot 98.3” WGCO Midway/Savannah GA until exiting in early
May. Capra joined WGCO in 2017 after previously hosting nights at “Big
Country 92.5” KTWB Sioux Falls SD as ‘KC’.

Stephens Media Group has announced the promotion of Bob Thornton from
National Program Director to Senior VP of Programming and Technology.
Thornton has been with Stephens since 1998 and also serves as OM/PD of the
companys Tulsa OK stations.

Egon Barthels joins Rufus Resources Classic Country/Conspiracy Talk No Bull
Radio Network as Community Service Director. Barthels fills the opening
created by the recently deceased Bruce Hathaway. No Bull Radio broadcasts
on eleven stations south of San Antonio and between Laredo and Corpus
Christi in southern Texas.

The post People Moves 6/3: Corinna Delgado Drives Over To 94.7 Washington
appeared first on RadioInsight.

Bliss Communications Sells Remaining Radio & Newspaper Properties

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...er-properties/

In a pair of deals Bliss Communications has sold its remaining Wisconsin
Northern Illinois properties including its pair of stations in Janesville
WI.

Ben Thompsons Big Radio will acquire News/Talk 1230 WCLO/92.7 W224DE and
Country 99.9 WJVL Janesville for an undisclosed amount. The companys two
daily and three weekly newspapers will go to Adams Publishing Group. That
company is led by Mark Adams, son of Stephen Adams owner of Adams Radio
Group.

WCLO and WJVL will join a Big Radio group that consists of eight stations
and four translators. Bliss previously sold its four stations in suburban
Milwaukee to Magnum Broadcasting in 2014.

This is to announce an agreement was reached, and an application is being
filed with the FCC for the transfer of radio stations WCLO-AM and WJVL-FM,
both in Janesville, Wisconsin, from Southern Wisconsin Broadcasting, LLC to
Ben Thompson, CEO of Big Radio.

The seller, Southern Wisconsin Broadcasting, is a wholly-owned subsidiary
of Bliss Communications, Inc., owned by Sidney (“Skip”) H. Bliss. WCLO-AM
began broadcasting in 1930 under the leadership of Skip’s father and was
the first radio station operated by the Bliss family. WJVL-FM began
broadcasting in 1947.

The buyer, Ben Thompson, CEO of Big Radio, is part of a father/son
operation, locally operating eight radio stations from its offices in
Beloit, Freeport, Monroe, and Janesville.

Scott Thompson founded Big Radio in 1996 with the purchase of two radio
stations in Monroe, WI. After four years at Magnetar Capital, a
Chicago-based hedge fund, Ben Thompson moved to Beloit and was named CEO of
the family business. Both Scott and Ben reside in-market.

Under Bens leadership, Big Radio remains committed to its founding ideals,
providing superior coverage of the community’s local news, sports,
entertainment, and information. Big Radio provides local news 365 days a
year, and its sports department broadcasted over 350 regional high school
sporting events last year.

Ben Thompson and Big Radio believe the future of radio is local, and
aggressively pursue this strategy to the benefit of its listeners and
advertisers.

WCLO-AM operates at 1230 kHz, with 1.0 kW day and night. WJVL-FM operates
at 99.9 MHz, with 11.0 kW at 502’ HAAT.

Kalil Co., Inc. represents the buyer in this transaction.

The post Bliss Communications Sells Remaining Radio Newspaper Properties
appeared first on RadioInsight.