Old July 25th 03, 11:50 PM
G.T TYSON

Default Ken Hamblin?

Anybody heard anything about the current status of the Ken Hamblin
show? Our local news-talk AM does not carry his show any longer.
I called the station and they gave me a vague, rambling explanation
about some kind of "contractual dispute" with his syndicator. Not that
it would ruin my life if his show was cancelled on that level, but has
he been discontinued in any other markets?

gtt

Old July 26th 03, 06:54 PM
Rich Wood

On 25 Jul 2003 22:50:48 GMT, "G.T TYSON"
wrote:
Anybody heard anything about the current status of the Ken Hamblin
show? Our local news-talk AM does not carry his show any longer.
I called the station and they gave me a vague, rambling explanation
about some kind of "contractual dispute" with his syndicator. Not that
it would ruin my life if his show was cancelled on that level, but has
he been discontinued in any other markets?

It's no longer on the air. None of his stations are keeping the time
period silent waiting for his return. If he does, he'll have to start
from scratch. That's a very difficult, long term process for a host
that didn't have that many stations to start with.

He's basically shot himself in the foot. Possibly the head. Any
station that picks a new version of the show will have no idea when
he'll throw another tantrum and disappear, again. Not a good way to
put a successful program schedule together and give it time to grow.

He screwed his stations.

Rich

Old July 26th 03, 06:54 PM
Mark Howell

wrote:

Anybody heard anything about the current status of the Ken Hamblin
show? Our local news-talk AM does not carry his show any longer.
I called the station and they gave me a vague, rambling explanation
about some kind of "contractual dispute" with his syndicator. Not that
it would ruin my life if his show was cancelled on that level, but has
he been discontinued in any other markets?

As I understand it, Hamblin left because he wasn't getting paid.
He may be looking for another syndicator but he's now off the air.

Mark Howell

Old July 28th 03, 08:54 PM

On 26 Jul 2003 17:54:01 GMT, Rich Wood sez:

He's basically shot himself in the foot. Possibly the head. Any
station that picks a new version of the show will have no idea when
he'll throw another tantrum and disappear, again.

....who does he think he is, Gene Scott?? ;-) ...

+++++++++

King Daevid MacKenzie, UltimaJock!!!
How Radio is done. No brag, just fact.

heard on The Edge 91.7 WSUW Whitewater WI